03;

To France, with Love

"This is so not happening," Sungyeol breathes to his brother as everyone stands and makes their way towards the departure hall. 

"Don't look now; he's looking at you," Daeyeol whispers back, tugging Sungyeol's arm and dragging him away from the lounging area. The two brothers speed up to walk alongside their parents and Sungyeol tries to remember his encounters with Nam Woohyun and his friends. Truth be told, Woohyun wasn't one of the raging, violent ones. He was more the obnoxious kind, all talk and narcissistic, sarcastic remarks. Woohyun was a jock, a soccer player, if Sungyeol remembers correctly, and yes, he thinks, because he remembers waiting for Daeyeol to end soccer practice once and getting mocked by Woohyun and a bunch of his other soccer friends. 

"Boarding pass, please," Sungyeol snaps out of his thoughts as the security guard standing at the entrance to the departure hall holds out a hand for his boarding pass. Sungyeol rummages through his haversack and pulls out the boarding pass, showing it to the guard who nods and gestures him forward. Sungyeol stuffs the slip of paper back into his bag and slings it back over his shoulders, and his elbow knocks into someone else's side. 

"Oh I'm sor- ", the apology dies at the tip of his tongue as Sungyeol looks up and sees dark brown eyes- so piercing and deep and dark- staring back at him. 

The corner of Woohyun's lips curl into the beginning of a smirk, and Sungyeol's fingers fly to his injured neck as he steps away from Woohyun to follow after his family for the rest of the hour before their boarding time. This is not the holiday I imagined.

-

"Sungyeol-ah." 

Sungyeol hums in response to his mother calling his name as they queue up to board the plane. 

"You have to watch Daeyeol through the flight. We're not sitting with you two. Do you understand?" 

Sungyeol just hums again and his mother sighs but leaves him be, pushing Daeyeol to walk beside him. Their entire tour group is scattered around the plane, though a majority of them are congregated near the rear end of the plane. Sungyeol and Daeyeol are greeted by a pleasant-looking female flight attendant who directs them down the aisle. 

"It's here, hyung," Daeyeol catches Sungyeol's hand and stops him, and they take their seats along the aisle in the middle block. It's a big plane and there're three blocks, the corner blocks with rows of three and the middle block with rows of four. Sungyeol slides into the second seat so that Daeyeol can sit along the aisle, and Daeyeol flips through the magazines and booklets stuffed into the seat pocket while Sungyeol closes his eyes, planning to nap through as much of the flight as possible. 

It's probably a good ten minutes later when Sungyeol hears voices coming from his right, followed by the seat beside him sinking. There's a weight on his left shoulder, so Sungyeol thinks Daeyeol probably fell asleep against his arm, as usual. Sighing, Sungyeol opens his eyes and sees the thick blue aeroplane blanket tossed carelessly across his brother's lap. He pulls the blanket up over Daeyeol's chest before leaning back once again. 

"Now isn't that sweet."

Sungyeol whips his head to the right and wants to die when he sees Woohyun looking at him, lips officially pulled into a smirk, nodding over at the sleeping Daeyeol. 

"Lee Sungyeol," Woohyun tries, staring straight at him. 

"Nam Woohyun," Sungyeol replies, quieter. 

Woohyun's brows raise and he chuckles, settling back into his seat and bringing both arms to rest behind his head, left elbow jabbing Sungyeol's face. "Isn't this interesting." 

Sungyeol clears his throat and leans away from Woohyun's offending elbow, wondering if he should just shove it away like what Woohyun's brother- who's sitting on Woohyun's other side- has just done. "Not really, no." 

Woohyun laughs and gives Sungyeol a meaningful once-over, elbow jarring Sungyeol's face in the process. "This trip is going to be much more fun than I expected." 

Sungyeol knows Woohyun is mocking him, so he just huffs out a do you mind and shoves Woohyun's arm away from his face, listening to Woohyun's laughter as the latter simply brings his arms back up again. 

The intercom crackles to life and a flight attendant announces that they're about to take off soon. Sungyeol pulls his phone out from his pocket and sends Myungsoo a quick text before shutting it off.

I'm going on a holiday with Nam Woohyun. Life is great. 

-

A/N: Sorry for the wait! Apparently finals being over doesn't mean activities are over, too :( thanks for your patience!