06;

To France, with Love

The main dining area for the ski resort is bustling and lively by the time Sungyeol and Daeyeol jog down the winding stairs together.

It's a well-furnished and spacious area that basically resembles a buffet-style restaurant. People from all over the world are maneuvering around the various spreads of food, some admiring, some queuing and some simply chatting with friends. Sungyeol's busy scanning the area for their tour group when Daeyeol suddenly grabs his arm. 

"Hyung, look."

Sungyeol turns and his eyes widen, curious, as he and Daeyeol watch a chef of sorts spin some cheese on a small silver machine behind a table. 

"That's dizzy cheese, in case you were wondering. It's a French specialty, or so I heard." 

Daeyeol staggers back into Sungyeol at the sudden voice. It takes a while for the name to come to Sungyeol's mind as he stares at the tall, well-built boy with brown hair and chocolate eyes, but apparently his brother remembers. 

"Howon, right?" Daeyeol tries. 

Howon nods and picks up a plate, and the chef behind the table promptly hands him a serving of the dizzy cheese. Howon smiles and tips his head a little in thanks, and Daeyeol's gaze darts between him and the cheese on his plate. 

Howon glances over at Daeyeol and the corner of his lips twitch upwards in a grin in interest. "If you want, I could share this with you at the table."

Sungyeol watches as his younger brother's eyes light up a little (Daeyeol's always been too easy to please, and sometimes Sungyeol worries about that more than he should) at Howon's offer, and nods in approval when Howon begins leading him away. 

"Our table's at the end this stretch, Sungyeol-ah," is all Howon says before he turns completely and heads off, Daeyeol in tow. 

"Sungyeol-ah?" Sungyeol mutters to himself, weird

Sungyeol sighs and rakes a hand through his long hair, shaking his fringe out of his eyes as he grabs a plate for himself and tours around the buffet, finally deciding to play it safe and settle for the Japanese section. After all, he has almost another week ahead of him to try all the food, and buffet menus barely change. 

Sungyeol ends up bumping into a girl from their tour group as he piles some sashimi onto his plate. The two share a short conversation where he finds out that her name's Bae Suji and she's about two years younger than him, and as they finish taking their food and walk towards the area where their tour group is gathered, Sungyeol decides that he likes this girl. 

"Where are you sitting?" Sungyeol asks.

Suji gestures to a table beside a pillar and a black-haired boy sitting there so happens to look up at them in question. "There. With my family and our friends." 

The black-haired boy is staring at them in curiosity, and Sungyeol comes to the conclusion that Suji's family and their friends have all inherited flawless genes. "Who's that boy looking at you?"

Suji waves a hand. "That's Wooyoung, Jang Wooyoung. My childhood friend. He's an idiot." 

There's a pause, and Sungyeol's about to bid her goodbye for the moment to sit with his brother when Suji speaks again. 

"Who's that boy looking at you?"

Sungyeol's about to answer her with my little brother when he turns slightly and balks at the dark brown eyes staring straight at him.

It's not Daeyeol, it's Woohyun. 

"Um, that's Nam Woohyun. My, uh- we attend the same school, yeah," Sungyeol doesn't know how to put this. 

Suji lifts an eyebrow in question but says nothing about Woohyun's piercing gaze, almost possessive. Instead, she offers Sungyeol a smile before turning and heading off, settling into her seat and flicking Wooyoung on the forehead. 

"Japanese?" Howon makes a face at Sungyeol's choice of food. For a boy who spent the whole bus ride unconscious, Sungyeol would have never guessed that he was so outgoing. 

"That's almost as boring as you."

Sungyeol fixes Woohyun with an icy look before digging into his food, watching as Daeyeol chews on some cheese and laughs with Howon. Woohyun's older brother sends him an amicable nod before continuing with his own business. 

Sungyeol is certain that he prefers Boohyun to Woohyun already. 

"So," Woohyun leans forward on his elbows and lifts an eyebrow at Sungyeol. "Who was that girl you were talking to?" 

Sungyeol looks up at Woohyun and pauses. Woohyun's tone gives nothing away, but hidden underneath his dark eyes Sungyeol swears he sees rigidness. (People always write Sungyeol off as shallow and unobservant, but he's actually far more sensitive and perceptive than what they all think.) 

"Suji. She's on our tour too. Why?" 

Woohyun's gaze flitters over to the table by the pillar for the briefest of seconds- looking, contemplating, Sungyeol's not all that sure- before returning back to Sungyeol's face. With a careless shrug of his shoulders, Woohyun leans back in his chair. 

"Nothing much. She's pretty hot." 

Sungyeol's fingers tighten around his fork just as Boohyun glances up at Woohyun, question in his eyes. Woohyun ignores his brother, focusing instead on Sungyeol's reaction. 

Sungyeol tries not to let Woohyun's comment sting him, affect him, but he's never been all that fantastic at playing off these things. He wonders if he's been reading everything wrong so far. "Then you should be talking to her, not me."

There's a tense moment of silence. Sungyeol has returned his attention back to his food and Howon and Daeyeol are still chattering away, but Woohyun's gaze on him is unwavering, as is Boohyun's on his brother. 

But then Woohyun simply picks up his fork, reaches over and stabs a tamago sushi from Sungyeol's plate followed by a few slices of sashimi, grinning lopsidedly as he chews on it all. He then stands to leave the table and head back to the buffet, not forgetting to stop and mess up Sungyeol's hair in the process. "Thanks for the food, Sungyeol-ah." 

As Woohyun laughs and saunters off, Boohyun's eyes flicker from his brother's back, to Sungyeol's face then back down to his phone, the question in his eyes no longer there. 

And all Sungyeol knows is that there's something being shared between the two Nam brothers that somewhat, one small way or another, involves him. 

He's just not very sure if he wants to figure out what that is. 

-

A/N: I am so sorry for the very very late update! :( I'm basically into my graduating year now so things are crazy hectic, but I definitely won't abandon the fic! For my information about my future updates, you can always read my blog post :) Thanks for your patience and support, I love you guys!