05;

To France, with Love

It's a good half an hour when they finally arrive at the ski resort up in the mountains. 

The minute the bus stops, Sungyeol grabs Daeyeol by the arm and yanks him forward, and he tries not to bristle when he feels Woohyun's amused gaze on his back as he leans over the now empty seats to shake Howon awake. 

Mrs Lee hurries over to them when they hop off the bus. "Go help your father with the bags. Someone has to follow the guide in to get us all checked in." 

Before Sungyeol can open his mouth to object, his mother is already heading into the hotel lobby with the tour guide and some other members of their tour group. Sungyeol grumbles and walks over to his father, Daeyeol in tow, converses sliding dangerously against the icy snow. 

By the time all the luggages have been lugged into the lobby and the hotel room keys obtained, the first hints of sunset have already begun to dust across the mountainous horizon in shades of pink and purple and yellow. Daeyeol pulls out his phone and snaps a quick picture for keepsakes as the tour guide begins handing out the room keys to the various families. 

"Sungyeol." 

Sungyeol looks up from where he had been leaning over Daeyeol's shoulder to see a room card dangling in front of his face. "You're sharing a room with Daeyeol. We'll just be down the hall," his mother says, gesturing to his father. 

Sungyeol makes a dismissive noise because this is nothing new; if they're not holidaying with the Kims (because Myungsoo and Sungyeol always room together) then Sungyeol and Daeyeol get lumped with each other. 

"Get the bag, Daeyeol!" Sungyeol calls as he begins to follow after their parents, Daeyeol undoubtedly grumbling behind his back. 

The elevator is a little on the small side, so only one family can actually fit into the space at once, what with all the huge luggages. By the time the Lees ride up to the tenth floor, they're one of the last ones to have filed out of the lobby. 

"Settle in and take a shower. The whole group's meeting for dinner at seven at the restaurant," Mrs Lee instructs her boys as the elevator doors ping open at their floor. Daeyeol huffs and tugs their luggage out as they troop down the hall. Their parents stop at a door first as Daeyeol continues to walk on ahead in search of his room with Sungyeol. 

"Which floor!" Sungyeol hollers after his parents, but their room door has already clicked close. Sungyeol sighs in exasperation.

"Stop at the lobby, then take the winding stairs down. That's the restaurant. Were you not paying attention just now?" 

Sungyeol wonders why all the forces of the universe seem so intent on giving him a crap- holiday. 

Pinching the bridge of his nose in badly-concealed irritation, Sungyeol turns and sees Woohyun's smirk plastered across his face. "Why are you here," Sungyeol deadpans. 

The smirk grows brilliant as Woohyun thumbs to the closed door behind him. "This is my room."

Oh .

Sungyeol doesn't even need to turn to know that the door that just opened behind him is his room, key card now between his brother's lips as Daeyeol attempts to pull their luggage in and keep the door open with one foot, one hundred percent keen on ignoring Woohyun's presence. 

Woohyun nods over to a still-struggling Daeyeol. "Aren't you going to help him out? Where's that sweet older brother I saw on the plane?" 

Keep calm, Sungyeol. It's okay, you have six nights to cross over to his room and throttle him in his sleep. 

All Sungyeol can do is glare before turning and pressing his foot against the door so Daeyeol can take the luggage and hurry inside. 

Woohyun steps forward, mischievous glint in his eye. "You both could come over at night and we could all huddle together under the blankets and share stories!" 

Red hot anger and hatred burns in the pit of Sungyeol's stomach at Woohyun's obvious jab. Sungyeol isn't stupid. He knows what Woohyun is doing: picking on him for his ual orientation. It's as clear as day, and it's also so stupid and immature. 

Sungyeol steps away from the door and lets it shut behind him. He doesn't want Daeyeol to hear any of this. "You can pick on me anytime you want in school, Nam, but not here- not in front of all these people or my parents or my younger brother, for god's sake. And I don't think you'd want your parents to find out you were a homophobic either, would you?" 

The briefest hints of anger and irritation and something else that Sungyeol can't really identify flash across Woohyun's dark eyes before the typical amusement settles on his face. "Oh? But it's just so fun to mess around with you, Sungyeol-ah." 

Sungyeol snarls. "Don't call me that." 

Woohyun laughs. "But I'm supposed to call you that, Sungyeol-ah. And it's not Nam- It's Woohyun hyung to you."

"You wish," Sungyeol barks out a laugh. 

Woohyun's eyes dance and he leans closer to Sungyeol, so much so that Sungyeol can see the flecks of black that surround Woohyun's dark brown eyes. He stiffens and tries not to bristle. Woohyun's being such a

"I do," Woohyun breathes into Sungyeol's ear. 

Sungyeol catches himself just as an involuntary shudder passes through his body but it's too late- Woohyun knows the effect he has on Sungyeol and he loves it, lips curling into a smug smirk as he steps back and unlocks the door to his room. Sungyeol's face burns in humiliation at having let Woohyun get the best of him, for ending up as the of a joke. 

"I'll see you at dinner, Sungyeol-ah." 

With one final wink and a chuckle, Woohyun ducks back into his room, leaving Sungyeol to lean against his room door with one hand gripping the door handle (so hard he swears his knuckles have all turned white)- alone. 

-

A/N: I know it's been like over a month and I'm sorry for the wait! Thanks for your patience and I hope you continue to enjoy this :) comments and subscribers are love, as always.