Doing Your Job.

Maid in Seoul

 

Himchan walked back to the hotel and entered the elevator while being quickly greeted by some of the hotel's employees before they scurried away because of Tito. He pressed and held the "door close" button so that nobody could get in the elevator after him. Once the doors, he pressed his floor's number and leaned back against the shiny, copper colored walls. Tito paced the small space a little then settled down at this owner's side. Himchan looked down at him.

 

"Tito, why are you so calm around that Daehyun boy, but you act as if you hate me?"

 

Tito just stared at him with his big glossy puppy dog eyes. Himchan turned his head and laughed.

 

"Don't even try that Tito. I'm not falling for it." 

 

They were nearing his floor when Himchan decided to fix his tie and tuck his shirt back in from wrestling with Tito to get him inside the building again. Himchan knew that he was going to get nagged by Jisu when he got back to his suite and he knew he was going to have to scold Zelo and Youngjae for letting him run amuck in the first place. 

 

Himchan reached to open the door but the door was pulled open by an irritated Jisu. Tito bounded past them into the room and Jisu gave Himchan the once over. 

 

"Had fun?" Jisu asked with a dash of enmity in his voice going unmissed by Himchan. 

 

"Are my sons back?" Himchan waved him off and entered the suite. Tito had jumped on Zelo to get a cookie that Zelo was holding above his head and Youngjae was rolling back and forth laughing loudly at the sight. Himchan groaned and rubbed his temples. 

 

"These kids will be the death of me," He mumbled.

 

Tito finally got the cookie and nearly snapped off Zelo's hand making a very happy Youngjae squeal on the couch.

 

"Ugh," Zelo made a disgusted face as he stared at his hand, now covered in dog drool," So ing gross."

 

"That's what you get for teasing him!" Youngjae shouted.

 

Himchan came up behind Zelo and smacked the back of his head, "What did I tell you about swearing?"

 

Youngjae quieted down instantly but then Zelo rubbed the back of his head with his drool covered hand making Youngjae burst again with laughter. The Kim household was nothing short of chaos. Himchan looked to Jisu for help who just sent him a glare like 'Those are your kids!' Himchan rolled his eyes.

 

"So who bright idea was it to let Tito ride the elevator himself?" 

 

Youngjae and Zelo were silent. Neither one of them spoke up. Himchan eyes bounced between both of them. He was running for senator and his kids could singlehandedly ruin his image with all the stunts they pulled. For example, today, when Himchan was going over his next speech with Jisu, there was a call about a huge black and white Great Dane galloping around on the 26th floor.

 

"Nobody's gonna talk eh?" Himchan his chin and Zelo gulped audibly. Himchan's sons already knew that when he struck that pose he was preparing for a long speech ending with an equally long punishment. "Ok. So, why did I have to stop for my work to run down to the 26th floor to wrestle Tito back onto a leash, huh?"

 

No one spoke again.

 

Himchan glared at Youngjae before glaring at Zelo, "I thought I told you two to take care of him? I swear I told you two to take care of him. So, who's gonna explain?"

 

Silence.

 

"If nobody wants to explain then you can easily go back to your mother's. I'm sure her husband would love to have you two over." Himchan's eyes darken and he smiled maliciously, "Two little boys to play with. I bet it's his what he dreams about every night. He would love to take a bite out of some pretty boys like you as soon as your mother leaves. Oh yeah~"

 

Zelo and Youngjae twisted their face disgustedly and stayed quiet. It had been a long running joke every since Himchan's ex-wife got remarried to a priest. Her new husband was old and Youngjae and Himchan dubbed him 'the e priest' behind his back. When Zelo got of age, they used to torment him telling him that the priest would sneak into his bedroom at night and play with his little noodle. Somewhere between tormented Zelo and laughing at the Priest, Zelo had begun his conspiracy about the guy, scaring Youngjae into thinking that the man actually did touch little boys and since then, Himchan's always used this to his advantage. 

 

Youngjae and Zelo looked at each other and remained quiet. They were determined not to snitch on the other. Himchan saw they wouldn't budge so he continued.

 

"Maybe, I should… just call him up right now. I'm sure he'd be ever so happy to her from you two little y play things." 

 

"NO!" Zelo and Youngjae jumped up and snatched their father's phone before he could dial the number. Himchan started laughing.

 

"What? You get don't wanna hang with the Priest? He loves you guys."

 

"Appa~" Youngjae whined, "Don't do this to us."

 

"You guys weren't saying anything I thought you wanted to go back to your mom's place." Himchan's malicious smile returned again.

 

"No, dad. I can't believe you would send your sons of willingly to a known e." Zelo said.

 

"He's… a nice guy. You guys are delusional." Himchan replied.

 

"Appa~ please don't it was Zelo okay he did it." Youngjae whined. 

 

Zelo turned sharply and glared at Youngjae. 

 

"How did I even know it was you…" Himchan stared flatly at Zelo, "You're causing more trouble than you're worth nowadays."

 

Ouch Zelo thought. Those words cut him. His gaze didn't falter though.

 

"I'm trying my best to raise you two but what do you do? You just cause more trouble. I honestly don't have time for this. I have a campaign to run. YOu guys can't be acting like brats when I'm not around. That's part of the reason why nobody wants you around anymore." Himchan shouted. Himchan rubbed his temples and closed his eyes. He didn't have time for this stress.

 

"You… don't… " Youngjae started softly, looking glumly down at his ankles. Zelo put his hand on his older brother's shoulder and shook his head.

 

"Sorry for disturbing you, your highness." Zelo spat, wrapping his hand around Youngjae's wrist and pulling him out of the living room.

 

"Wait, I'm not done talking with you, yet!" Himchan called after them. He heard the door slam and Tito started barking.

 

"Shut up Tito!" 

 

"Smooth, very smooth." Jisu stated, while picking at his nails.

 

"Shikkeuro."

 

"Don't be angry at me. Maybe you should have—"

 

"Do your job, Jisu and leave the parenting to me."

 

Jisu closed his mouth and then walked away. Himchan sighed and ruffled his hair in frustration. He knew that he had kind of said some of the wrong things to his sons, but he really didn't know how to make them listen to him.  Being a single father wasn't easy at all. It doesn't matter how much money he had, he could never get them to behave for more than twenty minutes. Besides that fact, their mother kept sending them back to Himchan because of "temperamental issues" concerning Zelo.

 

Himchan sat down and called the hotel manager to apologize for the dog incident. He didn't even get a chance to tell them about his walk in the park. Himchan shook his head. He wished it was easier to get through to his sons...

 

 

"So umm where does footage even go?" Jongup asked while Daehyun bit into his burger. 

 

Sangmin took a sip of his strawberry milkshake, "Don't know. I'm pretty sure it's stored in an archive somewhere though, just for reference purposes." 

 

Jongup nodded and continued eating his fries, eyes glued to the wall of screens beside him. 

 

When Daehyun had pulled Jongup away, he took him back to where Sangmin worked but Sangmin was just about to go on break. Instead of leaving for break, Sangmin told them he'd be back and brought them burgers, fries and milkshakes when he returned.

 

"Thanks for the lunch, Sangmin-sshi." Daehyun politely smiled.

 

"Well, thank you guys for the company. I typically eat by myself and it's uneventful." He replied.

 

"But now, it's eventful because we can people watch." JOngup beamed.

 

Sangmin nodded, "You guys are welcome to hang with me whenever you drop by."

 

"Sure thing." Daehyun said, "I mean you did help me find my brother."

 

"How'd you find me?" Jongup asked.

 

"I got lost and ended up here," Daehyun replied, focusing more on his burger than Jongup.

 

"I was lost too and I couldn't find anybody." He pouted.

 

"You should've came to find me, I see everything." Sangmin said pointing to the wall of screens.

 

"I'll remember that next time," Jongup said.

 

"So, what were you doing running around this big hotel by yourself anyway?" Sangmin asked when he got up to discard his garbage. Daehyun finished off his burger and then started on his fries.

 

"Well," Jongup said in a small voice, "I was looking for food, I was… hungry. I thought the kitchen was around, but I never found it. It's confusing down in the lower levels."

 

"Indeed it is, one time a kid got lost down here and we didn't even find his body. Then two years, later a maid took a shortcut and ran into a skeleton. It must have been the kid."

 

Jongup and Daehyun both looked at Sangmin thoroughly shocked. 

 

"I'm only kidding," Sangmin said with a laugh, "You kids are so gullible." 

 

"That's not funny," Jongup whined, "I could have been that kid."

 

"BUT  you wouldn't have if you just stayed around me like appa said." Daehyun cut in shaking the joke from his mind. 

 

"I know I know I know ok hyung," Jongup sighed,"I won't run off anymore. I get it." He finished his fries and threw away the carton, dusting the salt from his fingers on the side of his pants. 

 

"Don't do that Guppie, that's dirty." Daehyun scolded.

 

"What is this? A drama? You're not gonna kiss me now are you?" Jongup teased.

 

"I wouldn't dare kiss a demon like you." Daehyun retorted causing Jongup to pouted. Daehyun smiled and flicked his nose, "Pabo-yah."

 

"But honestly kid, your brother was worried sick about you? What were you doing all that time?" Sangmin questioned.

 

"Oh," Jongup sipped his chocolate milkshake, "I was with some guys. They wanted me to eat with them but I couldn't eat a thing they both me. I was too nervous and scared." Jongup quickly looked sideways at Daehyun. Sure enough, Daehyun was glaring right back at him. 

 

Sangmin skipped all the glaring contest and got to the point," Scared? Why were you scared?"

 

Jongup looked down and rubbed his eye like he usually did before he started crying.

 

"I was scared because I was lost and I knew Daehyun would be mad when he came looking for m but I couldn't find my way back and I didn't want to bother appa but I had to and when I did he wasn't there and I thought that they didn't want me anymore because I was being too much trouble and appa doesn't need stress because it makes him sad and he's working hard for us so I don't want to disappoint him but I keep doing it and I can help it." Jongup started sobbing at the end. 

 

Daehyun rubbed his brother's back for reassurance. He knew that Jongup was developing abandonment issues. He always wanted to be together with someone and when he wasn't he felt unwanted. That depressed Daehyun and gave him another reason to hate his mother. She was the cause of this. Now he couldn't be without Jongup for too love without Jongup thinking that he was sick of him.

 

"Jongup, don't repeat that story again ok? Me and appa love you. Nothing will change that. We're a family stop thinking that we would be ok without you in our life. You're want makes me whole bro. I need you." Daehyun said sincerely.

 

Jongup rubbed his nose and wiped his tears away.  Then pointed at the screen behind Sangmin, "Hey look! There's dad and uncle Cas." He said quickly, changing the subject to a lighter one.

 

Daehyun and Sangmin looked to see that it was indeed them.

 

"Oh yeah, looks like he's heading back to the maid's locker room. His shift must be ending soon. You guys should go back there." Sangmin announced. Daehyun stood up first with Jongup in tow and bowed to Sangmin.

 

"Thank you for the lunch today Sangmin-sshi."

 

Sangmin waved it off, "No problem. But don't get lost again guys! I'll see you tomorrow." He called. 

 

Jongup reached for Daehyun's hand and then they walked off together whispering something about appa having a date.

 

 

"So are you gonna tell me now?" Casper asked.

 

"About…?" Yongguk asked.

 

"About The Duke of JokoMato suite, Gukkie c'mon you know what I'm talking about." Casper rubbed his shoulder against Yongguk's cutely.

 

"He's… He's out of my league, Cas." Yongguk sighed and pushed Caspser away. He knew Casper was talking about Kim Himchan, Yongguk just didn't want the let that thought bloom in his mind.

 

"That has nothing to do with the fact that you like him." Casper retorted. 

 

"Casper, I thought we already went over this."

 

"We did but you never told me what you think of Mr. Cute, Rich & Handsome. Like, ok pretend that he wasn't out of your league, would you still get with him?"

 

Yongguk pondered the thought, "No I probably wouldn't. I have kids to take care of."

 

"Omg Yongguk you say that like they're babies." Casper got off the elevator and pulled the cart behind him.

 

"They're still babies in my eyes, Cas." Yongguk smiled, thinking about his sons. You will always be my babies he thought. 

 

"I don't see how you could make a simple question so hard." Casper groaned defeatedly.

 

"It's just one of my charms I guess."

 

"No. Just no." Casper replied. Casper pushed the maid's cart to the inventory and removed all the soaps and shampoos they didn't used today. "That's probably why you're not going on that date. You're too charming." Casper emphasized charming because that's the word Yongguk used for his stubbornness. 

 

"I'm sorry to disappoint you Casper."

 

"No you're not." Casper snapped.

 

"You're right. I'm not but we are done talking about this." 

 

Yongguk removed his maid's uniform and changed into regular clothing just ask Yongseok and Shin were coming back into the locker room. Shin poked Yongguk in the side when he had his hands over his head, putting his shirt on and Yongguk jumped.

 

"Aww so cute." Shin cooed.

 

"Cut it out, Wonho sheesh." Yongguk whined.

 

"So what's this I hear about you having a date with the senator?" Yongseok asked lazily. 

 

Yongguk turned around sharply, "Oh my god, how did you even find out?" He pouted. Yongseok giggled and pointed to Shin.

 

"Wonho?" Yongguk asked. Shin giggled and pointed to Casper.

 

"Cas?" He asked. Shin nodded. Yongguk groaned.

 

"Cas can't you shut up for two seconds. I don't need everyone to know. I just got this job are you trying to make me lose it? I shouldn't be fraternizing with guests in the first place. Don't let the whole world know, I've got mouths to feed."

 

Casper waved his hands taking in the seriousness of the conversation while Yongguk zipped up the zipper on his jacket. Casper knew he should stop at least for the day. 

 

"So," Shin asked before the conversation ended completely, "He asked you out and you turned him down?" 

 

Yongguk rolled his eyes and nodded.

 

Yongseok scoffed, "You turned him down once. That's polite but he's gonna come after you again, if he's a gentleman. So be ready."

 

Yongguk stared at Yongseok for a while before he was bombarded by 2 happy boys. 

 

"Appa~ is it time to go home now? Are you off work?" Jongup asked brightly. 

 

Yongguk looked up to see Yongseok walking away. He shook his head and smiled at his boys.

 

"Yes, it's time to go home boys. Then you could tell me about what you did today while I was working." He wrapped his arms around their shoulders and lead them out the hotel. "Zip up your jacket Daehyun it's chilly out here."

 

Jongup huddled closer to his father as they waited for the next bus home. Daehyun zipped up his jacket and pulled Jongup's hood over his head to protect him from the cold before he returned to his position next to his father.

 

"So, dad I hear you got asked out on a date?" Jongup smiled and Yongguk's eyes widened in surprise before trailing over to Daehyun.

 

"Daehyun—" Yongguk growled.

 

"Oh look it's the bus!" Daehyun shouted saving himself from Yongguk's wrath momentarily. Now if only he could dodge it all the way home...

 

 

Author's Note: So, it's been a while. I didn't forget about you guys. The story's progressing a little slower now, but I'll be better next chapter. ^^ I'm exhausted right now because... 2 more weeks of this semester and... I'M NOT READY. =*CheeDragon.