Training Day.

Maid in Seoul

Yongguk arrived at the Kim Hotel promptly after dropping a cranky Daehyun and Jongup off at school early. Yongguk wanted to drop them off early so that he could be to work on time. He went around to the back entrance passing a couple of guys on a smoke break. Yongguk's eyes darted around anxiously, this hotel was big and he wasn't even sure exactly where he was supposed to be.  

"Yongguk?"

Yongguk turned to see a familiar face approaching him.

"Yongseok?"

Yongseok nodded.

"Oh thank heavens. Casper told me to meet him here but I haven't seen him." Yongguk sighed.

"Well um, walk and talk with me. I don't want to be late." Yongseok walked toward a rack where someone was handing out uniforms. He picked up one and told Yongguk to do the same. "So is today your first day?" Yongseok asked when they arrived in a locker room.

"Neh, umm Casp--"

"What about me?" Casper asked. Yongguk jumped and punched him in the arm. 

"Casper! You told me to come here and where were you I was so lost!" 

Casper rubbed his arm and laughed, "Well excuse me for using the bathroom at the wrong time."

"You guys need to get dressed. Seriously. There's a staff meeting in 10 minutes." Wonho said as he walked into the locker room half dressed and wide-eyed.

Yongguk was struggling to button his shirt correctly. "Is this how it's gonna be everyday?"

"Pretty much." Yongseok said.

"Don't worry about it, Guk. You're not new to this. You'll pick up fast." Casper pat his back as they all headed to the staff meeting.

"I'm suprised I'm already considered part of the staff Cas. I thought this was just training." Yongguk buttoned the three buttons on his maid's vest.

"You see, the main manager quit two days ago so we've basically been running things ourselves until that position is filled." Wonho said.

"I was thinking about applying for the position but then I got you to work here." Casper smiled.

Yongguk adjusted his bowtie the raised a brow at Casper, "What's that supposed to mean Cas." Yongguk was suspicious of Casper. More times than not, Casper had ulterior motives that he trapped Yongguk into. Yongguk was sure that this was no different.

"Well, you're no stranger to the work Guk, I thought this would be just your speed." Casper shrugged nervously.

Yongguk rolled his eyes, "I knew it."

"Ahem." A woman with a short haircut and a bright smile stepped in front of the group of maids. "Good morning everyone. It is me, Miss Hyosung Jeon. As those of you may know, we are short of staff at the moment but that does not mean that will neglect this hotel." She smiled and clapped her hands together. Yongseok rolled his eyes. Hyosung continued, "I see a couple of new faces... Welcome to Kim Hotel! Please let me remind you that although this may be your first day I would like you all to keep in mind that at Kim Hotels, Kim Maids strive to be invisible. So please, be quick, be diligent and be unseen." 

Yongguk mentally took notes in his mind. Casper was leaning on his shoulder resting his eyes while Wonho shifted his weight to his other leg. The bubbly, Miss Jeon continued, "Now that all the introductions are in order I will approve the real business so listen carefully. The Kim Hotel is a five-star hotel that bases it's quality on the accuracy of it's workers and interworkings. This week we have important guests moving rooms and occupying rooms. The potential senatorial candidate and heir to the Kim Hotel, Kim Himchan will be arriving soon but in the meantime Young Masters Youngjae and Zelo will be occupying the TatsMato suite. Also Lee SungYeol should be arriving promptly to visit his husband Kim MyungSoo in the ShishiMato suite but hopefully after Lee SungJong has already left. Please let us try to make this a smooth transition with the least drama as possible. Thank you in advance. Kim JongKook is back on the sauce again so maids working the DadaMato suite please clean out the mini bar before he arrives. All personal please please please look after your carts because we all know how the Jung Twins are, so be wary and double check for all hotel pillow cases and towels. The director of Contemporary Korean magazine, Kim HanGil will be switching from the 4Seasons to the JokoMato suite because he wanted a room with a view. Maids working his floor, please make his stay as comfortable as possible and show him that Kim Hotels are better than the 4Seasons. That will be all I will keep you all no longer." Miss Jeon bowed and then departed.

Yongguk tried to focus his eyes on what was in front of him. He was in a daze from all of the information Miss Jeon had given them. It was just his first day and already he had his work cut out for him. What had Casper gotten him into?

"Yongguk," Casper clapped him on the back, shaking him from his trance, "Come on. 40th floor."

"Yeah, the Duke of the Joko suite," Yongseok chimed as he rolled his eyes, stocking his cart with toilet tissue rolls.

"Good luck with that." Wonho said, putting bars of soap into Yongseok's cart.

"Yeah yeah yeah, you guys better watch out for Soryoung and Daeyoung," Casper said pushing Yongguk out of the room, "Count your inventory if you see the Tasty Twins. Seriously Wonho! Don't forget!"

~~~~~~~~~

Yongguk and Casper arrived at the JokoMato Suite and began tidying up before the guest arrived. Casper and Yongguk were just putting the finishing touches on the bed when the guest walked in talking on the phone. He was average height with a strong upper body and blond hair. Trailing behind him was another guy with blond hair and tiny eyes. Casper pushed Yongguk against the wall to get out of their way. The one on the phone looked Yongguk and Casper up and down.

"Are you the maids?" He asked.

Casper and Yongguk nodded.

"Perfect. I'm Kim Hangil please call me 5zic. I need someone to help me unpack would that be you?"

They nodded again.

"Perfect. My bags are in the room I would Iike everything hanging in the closet without wire hangers please and thank you," he leaned into his friend and whispered, "Last time they put my clothing on wire hangers, when I specifically asked them not to like what kind of business are they running. Incompetent."

Casper made a face.

Hangil continued his phone conversation while Casper and Yongguk bowed and went to start unpacking in the bedroom.

Casper looked over his shoulder at Yongguk. Yongguk didn't even look up he just continued taking clothing out the bag and hanging it, but he still felt Casper's eyes on him. 

"What Cas?"

Casper shook his head, "Oh nothing."

"Then stop staring at me."

"Ok it is something."

"Then what is it?" Yongguk was getting annoyed. Just because he was used to Casper's ways, doesn't mean that they were any less annoying.

"What do you think of the Duke?" Casper smirked.

"I don't think anything." Yongguk replied.

"Really now nothing at all?"

"Nothing... Although he does have some nice clothes." Yongguk smiled and then sighed.

Casper glanced over at Yongguk, "What?"

"Huh, umm nothing. It's just that I'd never be able to afford clothes like these."

Just then the Duke's friend peeked in. 

"Maids, we are out of here and will be returning later in the afternoon. 5zic expects all of his belongings put away before we get back here. Oh and," the man walked to the closet and grabbed garment that Yongguk was just oogling previously, "Take this to dry cleaning and have it back as soon as possible." After that he left. Casper and Yongguk finished putting away the rest of the clothing and took down the dry cleaning.

Casper pushed his cart into the elevator. Yongguk hopped in the elevator and leaned against the wall sighing. Yes, he was used to this type of work, but he hadn't had to do if for years back when he had first met Jieun. Now that he was working as a maid again he realized how fast paced and demanding the job was. It was early afternoon and he was already ready for a break. A walkie-talkie on Casper's waist pinged.

"Speak." 

"Casper is Yongguk hyung with you?" It was Wonho.

Casper nodded, "Yeah, waeyo?"

"His sons are here."

"Abuji~ Annyeonghashimnikka~" Jongup called from the other line. Yongguk smiled.

"You guys are late." Yongguk said into the walkie talkie.

"Dad we just got outta school" Daehyun said.

"Daehyun has a girlfriend." Jongup said.

"Shikkeuro~ He's lying dad." Daehyun replied.

"Then who was she?" Jongup asked. Yongguk looked up at Casper and rolled his eyes. 

"Why are they always like this?" He sighed and Casper chuckled.

"Yeoboseyo~?" Wonho called.

"Ne?" Casper answered.

"Did you hear what I just said?"

"No."

"I said they're in the locker room. I gotta get back to work."

"Ok we're on our way." Yongguk replied leaning in to Casper's walkie-talkie.

"And turn your walkie-talkie on hyung!"

"I will, I'm still learning how to work this gimme a break Shin! Aish!"

"Whatever."

Yongguk his walkie-talkie as he went to go get his children. Today was Daehyun and Jongup's last day of school before break and Jieun promised to take them to the amusement park, but she bailed, so they were stuck with Yongguk at the hotel for the rest of the day and the weekend. When Yongguk entered the locker room he handed the Duke's dry cleaning to Casper and stepped to his kids sitting on a bench. They were talking with the hotel's seamstress, she was close to Daehyun's age and he was smiling a lot. Yongguk approached with a smirk, "Wassup boys, how are my handsome offspring doing?" Yongguk pinched Daehyun's cheeks and his face flushed red. Daehyun and Jongup's eyes popped open with shock.

"ABUJI~!" They both shouted in embarassment. The seamstress just giggled and bowed.

"Annyeonghaseyo, Ailee imnida." 

Yongguk bowed slightly in return as Daehyun and Jongup tried to get their faces back to normal. 

"You're the seamstress?"

"You're the new oppa?"

Yongguk smiled, she was cute without even trying. Go 'head Dae he thought.

"So what were you guys talking about?"

"Dad, stop." Daehyun said.

"What? I'm not doing anyth--"

"JEBAL!?" Daehyun cried. 

"Eyyy~ tough guy." Yongguk teased.

Yongguk looked to Ailee and smiled. She then bowed and left them alone. As soon as she was out of earshot Daehyun exploded.

"Dad, neo wae g-geudae? Do you love to torture us? Michyeota? Oh my god~" Daehyun put his hands over his face in frustration.

"You know you can act like a normal human being when a girl is around dad. You don't have to embarass us." Jongup pouted. Yongguk pretended to be sad. 

"But, embarassing you guys is my favorite pasttime."

"But dad," Jongup pleaded but Yongguk just waved him off.

"Arasso, Jonggie, arasso." 

Daehyun sighed. 

"So, I see you've met a new friend?" Yongguk asked.

"Dad please don't start." Daehyun whined.

"I'm just saying it's nice that you have someone to hang around while I'm working."

"Yeah, she's pretty nice." Jongup added shyly.

"Good that's good. I'm pretty sure you guys don't want to be here for your break but...," Everyone looked to the floor. They didn't want to address the topic but everyone knew. Jieun skipping out on the boys had really threw a wrench into the Bang family's plans. Instead of enjoying quality time with a mother they barely got to see, Jongup and Daehyun were spending the weekend couped in a hotel while their dad rushed through the hotel cleaning up after people. Yongguk had a hard time looking at their faces. Yongguk knew that his sons were upset by yet another rejection from their mother and he knew that they didn't want to spend break at this hotel. However, there was nothing else Yongguk could do.

"Gwenchanayo." Jongup said softly.

"Yeah," Daehyun rubbed his dad's shoulder, "It won't be that bad. We'll be fine."

"Yeah, I guess you will be." Yongguk said with a false cheerfulness.

"Hanging out will Ailee noona wouldn't be bad at all." Jongup smiled.

"You guys better behave yourselves..." Yongguk looked specifically at Daehyun.

"Mwoyo?" Daehyun laughed.

"Keep an eye on him Jongup, I gotta get back to work." Yongguk said patting Jongup on the back.

 


Author's Note: Well, sorry you guys I had a research project due and it was killing my time. Other than that, I'm in the process of writing new chapters and I GOT A NEW LAPTOP so now, I have my own computer to update. FINALLY. Okay so about this chapter, it's slightly a filler chapter and it gives intro to the Duke of the Joko suite... 5zic! I don't know if you guys can tell but 5zic's friend is Cream, They're from M.I.B if you don't know. I also added Shin and Yongseok! Yay for Cross Gene! I thought it was funny how I unintentionally thought of only Kims when I was filling the suites. I didn't realize there were so many Kims. I think I added a lot of characters this chapter, but Himchan is coming soon. The next chapter should be the one where DaeJong meets JaeLo unless DaeJong meets Himchan first. Who knows...=*CheeDragon.