Playmates

Maid in Seoul

Yongguk went back to work with Casper and Daehyun and Jongup stayed behind with Ailee. The silence was killing Daehyun. He would have preferred to be at an amusement park with his mother instead of being cooped up in this dry fancy hotel with Jongup. He could think of nothing that he and Jongup could do for the rest of the day. Daehyun began to ask Ailee questions about the hotel while Jongup looked around the sweatshop.

"Do you make all of these?" Jongup asked, interrupting Daehyun and touching some dry cleaning in bags.

"I'm just a seamstress Jongup. I just adjust and fix problems with the garments." Ailee replied. Jongup nodded and continued to stroll around the shop.

"Would you like to make the garments?" Daehyun asked, annoyed that Jongup interrupted his conversation with nonsense, but relieved he had something else to talk about.

"Well, yeah, eventually. You see I want to get my skills better so that I can make a name for myself you know. That's my dream." Ailee said.

"That's a good dream." Daehyun said.

"Thanks." She smiled softly and then there was silence. Ailee got back to work, mending seams.

"I dreamt of being a motivational speaker." Daehyun said.

"Really?" Ailee asked smiling up at Daehyun while still working on the seams. 

Jongup rolled his eyes and wandered off to look for the kitchen. Nobody was paying him any attention anyway. He went through a series of twists and turns in the hallway just to end up in an unfamiliar place. Yup, he was lost. Jongup thought, "The kitchen shouldn't be this far away," and began to retrace his steps. Meanwhile Daehyun had just realized that Jongup was gone.

"Hey where's your brother?" Ailee frowned looking around for Jongup.

Daehyun looked around and shrugged, "He probably went to the kitchen. I'll go get him." 

Ailee nodded and carefully got back to her work. 

 

~~~

"And whose idea was it to get a dog?" Youngjae asked with his hand on his hips. 

"He was too cute to turn down." Zelo replied grabbing the huge dog by its neck. Youngjae and Zelo were struggling, trying to get their dog in the elevator.

"I wanted to go to Honolulu. You should have just picked Honolulu now you're stuck with a dog. You make the worst decisions. You need to handle that. I can't be watching over you for the rest of your life. I have my own life to live without a dog."

"BLAH BLAH BLAH!" Zelo stuck out his tongue and Jongup laughed. Jongup had just stepped out of the elevator and was trying to move around the huge dog but caught their quarrel first. Youngjae looked at Jongup and Jongup bowed.

"Who are you?" Zelo asked with attitude still struggling to hold his dog's leash.

"I'm J-jongup." Jongup replied apprehensively. Youngjae walked over and smacked Zelo on the arm for being rude.

"Idiot," Youngjae said under his breathe. He turned to Jongup unveiling his brightest smile, "I'm Youngjae. Kim Youngjae." 

Jongup smiled and then the silence set in like it normally did when people who he didn't know tried to talk to him.

"Oh my god, he's mental." Zelo said breaking the silence.

"Zelo! Honestly!" Youngjae turned to Jongup and started patting his shoulders. Jongup felt even more nervous not that Youngjae's hands were on him. He wished that he didn't get lost and would have just stayed with Daehyun. Youngjae spoke again, calming and soothingly, "I'm sorry about him. He's a douche. It's a birth defect." He laughed and Jongup laughed along with him.

"Sorry, I usually don't talk much around people I don't know." Jongup said softly.

"Well, get to know me then. I'm nice." Youngjae said happily.

"Yeah a nice pain in the !" Zelo called. Youngjae quickly turned around and glared at Zelo who had almost got the dog in the elevator.

"Again, please don't mind him." 

Jongup nodded. 

"Youngjae I'm not walking this dog by myself!" Zelo called when he had finally got the dog into the elevator.

"You're the one who wanted him," Youngjae snapped, "I wanted to go to HONOLULU!" 

Jongup tried to inch away from the boys argument. Daehyun was probably looking for him by now. Youngjae grabbed his arm and tried to stop him. 

"Wait Jongup, why don't you come with us to walk the dog?" Youngjae asked as cutely as possible.

"I should be finding my brother. We got separated and he's probably worrying now." Jongup said. 

Zelo put the dog in the elevator and said, "Tito, stay." The dog sat down and Zelo pressed the button for the 40th floor. Then jumped out and let the door close. Youngjae stared at Zelo walking back with to him with a -eating grin on his face. 

"I'll just let dad walk Tito." Zelo said dusting off his hands. 

Youngjae sighed,"Dad's not gonna be happy about this…"

"Who cares, um you," Zelo snapped his fingers at Jongup, "What was your name again Jongin? Jonghyun? Jongdae?"

"It's Jongup." Jongup said dully.

"Yeah that," Zelo said wrapping his arms over Youngjae's shoulders and leaning closer to Jongup's face, "What are you doing today?"

"Well, um right now I'm looking for my brother so--"

"Is he your dongsaeng?" Zelo asked.

"Well, no he's my hyu--"

"Well, come eat with us. He'll be fine." Zelo said pulling Jongup up by the wrist while Youngjae beamed.

"That's sounds like a good idea. Come along Jongup!" Youngjae said.

"But… I really should be getting back to my brother…" Jongup said as he was dragged away.

~~~

"Omg I'm gonna kill him. If I get in trouble I'm gonna kill him. He's gonna wish I was an only child because I swear I will be soon if I don't find him." Daehyun grumbled to himself. On the outside Daehyun was made but on the inside he was panicking. He recalled of the last time that Jongup had gotten lost at the mall when they were Christmas shopping in Japan. Jongup was so small, he had disappeared beneath the clothing racks and ran back to the toy story to ride the shiny tricycle in the front. Jieun and Yongguk had ran around the entire mall and Daehyun didn't know what to do, he was nearly in tears until he saw Jongup's stubby legs happy driving back and forth in front of the toy shop. He had lost 10 years that day and now it was repeating itself again. Minus Yongguk and Jieun of course. 

Daehyun went to the kitchen and asked some very busy employees if they had seen a little light brown haired kid in a beanie. They all replied no. Daehyun began to think him and his brother weren't as close as he thought. "I thought if anything he would have at least went to the kitchen." Daehyun said while shaking his head. 

He wasn't paying attention to where he was going and wound up in a security surveillance area. Daehyun looked around perturbed. In his search for Jongup he had managed to get lost himself. A guy at the security counter saw this and called out to him.

"Yo~" 

Daehyun turned to the man. He had a short haircut and was pretty buff like Uncle Cas. Daehyun walked up slowly remembering that his father had told him not to talk to strangers. 

"Yo kid? You lost?" He smiled and his smile made Daehyun want to smile back. But what did Daehyun have to smile for, he had just lost his brother he was a dead man walking right now. He was a zombie.

"Neh." Daehyun said bowing.

"Hmm," the guy hummed, "Are you Yongguk's son?" 

Daehyun smiled. This guy knew my dad he thought. "Neh."

"I knew it, I could tell by the lips." He replied.

Daehyun touched his lips and sighed, this wasn't the first time he's heard that.

"I'm Sangmin," He said smiling.

"Daehyun." 

"Daehyun? Cool. Hey come to this side will ya?" Sangmin asked. 

Daehyun proceed to walk to the other side of the counter into a room with a lot of TVs on the walls. Sangmin pointed to a chair, "Have a seat."

Daehyun didn't feel like sitting down, he just wanted to find Jongup but he obliged.

"Excuse me but um--" 

"I've seen you walking in circles for a good thirty minutes kid." Sangmin pointed a thumb to the TVs behind him.

"I was… looking for someone…" Daehyun said looking down to his feet. Daehyun was pretty sure that now he would be in trouble. Sangmin was going to call his dad and he dad would come down and see him without Jongup and murder him on the spot.

"Brown head beanie?" Sangmin asked. Daehyun looked up excitedly that had to be Jongup.

"Neh, exactly!"

"He's lounge, right there." Sangmin pointed to a screen near the bottom left of the wall. Sure enough, there was Jongup and two other guys waiting for food in the hotel's lounge. Daehyun was furious. He was practically losing his mind with worry and Jongup was just sitting down enjoying a meal with 2 strangers!

"Oh, thank you." Daehyun bowed, "How do I get there from here?" Daehyun asked standing up.

"Just got up the elevator to the main floor and turn left. After that just keep walking straight and you'll see it."

"Kamsahamnida." Daehyun said bowing just enough and racing to the elevator. Jongup was going to be in trouble. Then Daehyun thought You had me worried all this time, I should probably worry you now, as revenge. Daehyun stayed on the elevator and hit the 40th floor button and continued upwards.

 

When the doors opened to the top floor Daehyun strode out just to be pushed back in by a massive Grey Hound. Daehyun backed up against the wall and let the Grey Hound his face. His owner rushed into the elevator pulling the dog by it's collar.

"Tito stop that. I'm sorry. Really I am." said the man. Daehyun just smiled and petted Tito's head. 

"It's alright."

Another man rushed into the elevator before the door closed. He didn't look happy.

"Honestly you need to do something with this dog, Channie and those brats. We don't need them causing scandals to gain attention. We need positive attention."

Daehyun looked the men up and down and continued petting Tito. Tito was in pure bliss. Daehyun had always wanted a dog, but Bang appa had said that he barely had enough time and money to feed him and Jongup and the conversation ended there. Daehyun watched the men silently.

"I know this Jisu but you have to look at it from my point of view also. Because I have nothing I can do with these kids. They'll keep coming back. I want to spend time with them but this hotel and this campaign are… just wiping me out." Himchan replied.

"I hope it's not wiping out your memory of that speech we have this afternoon." Jisu said quickly.

"Of course not mom." Himchan said rolling his eyes. He looked down at Daehyun and Daehyun quickly turned away. Himchan raised a brow.

"Umm hello, and who might you be?" Himchan asked.

"I'm um… Daehyun." Daehyun said, while rubbing Tito's head. Himchan's eyes flashed between Daehyun and Tito.

"Well, Daehyun-sshi, it seems like my dog likes you." Himchan smiled.

"I like him too. I like dogs. My dad never let me have one though." 

"Well, this is the calmest Tito has been in a while, would you like to take him on a walk with me?" Himchan asked with a smile.

Daehyun beamed. He had time to kill, he was still determined to get back at Jongup and this was perfect. He nodded furiously.

"Now wait Himchan, you don't even know this kid--"

"He seems pretty cool to me," Himchan patted Daehyun's head.

"But what about his parents?" Jisu asked.

Himchan thought for a moment, "We should probably ask your mother if it would be okay." 

Daehyun frowned. Somebody had brought up his mother. His mother who wasn't around. He wasn't even supposed to be at this stupid hotel, he was supposed to be eating cotton candy with his mother at the amusement park. 

The elevator doors opened and Jisu stepped out. Daehyun sighed, "My mother's not here, but my father's on the 40th floor." 

"Well, let's go ask him!" Himchan said excitedly handing Tito's leash to a very annoyed Jisu and pressing the 40th floor button. Daehyun smiled all the way up, there was finally something to do at this hotel. He just hoped he dad would say yes.

 

 

 


 

Author's Note: Hello everyone, I'll keep this short. This chapter was basically a chapter to introduce the Kim Family. In this chapter you also have Ailee as the seamstress and Sangmin as the security guard. There is also Jisu  from Dalmatian as Jerry Siegel (in Maid in Manhattan) who is Himchan's assistant/campaign manager. I think that sums up this chapter. The next chapter should show Himchan finally meeting Yongguk. ooh la la~.=*CheeDragon.