4 PM.

Maid in Seoul

"Come on boys we gotta go!" Yongguk shouted into his sons' room while he quickly rushed back and forth around the house. He wasn't going to be late to work again but Daehyun and Jongup always took forever to get out of the house in the morning. Currently Daehyun was pulling up a pair of pants with his eyes half-close while Jongup was half-heartedly trying to find the hole where his head was supposed to go in his shirt. Yongguk peeked back into the room and sighed.

"You guys are killing me, you're killing me right now, I'm dying, life leaving body, growing old with years as I wait for my kids to--"

"Ok dad we get it!" Daehyun came out of the roomed annoying pulling a crooked bookbag onto his shoulders with Jongup sleepily in tow.

"Bout time." Yongguk pushed them out of the apartment and locked the door, "I was becoming an old man."

"You are an old man, dad." Daehyun said, laughing.

"Eyyy~" Yongguk warned. Jongup just smiled sleepily trying to keep up with his father and brother as they crossed the street to catch the bus.

"I don't think you're old dad, I think you're perfect aged." Jongup leaned against his father while he pat him on the head. Daehyun just rolled his eyes.

"Don't be trying to sweet talk me just to get a few more minutes of sleep." Yongguk raised his eyebrow mockingly at Jongup who just smiled because he knew he was caught.

"How did you know?"

"I've raised you. You come from me. You think I don't know my own flesh and blood by now Jonguppie~?" They both laughed and Daehyun just folded his arms across his chest.

"Daehyun-ah, you ready for that speech?" Yongguk asked.

"What speech?" He replied nonchalantly.

"DAEHYUN!"

"Joking... geesh!" He laughed nervously. Yongguk's booming voice had disturbed a few of the other passengers of the bus who were now looking at them strangely and shaking their heads. Yongguk bowed and apologized quickly.

"Don't play with me Daehyun. I seriously thought you forgot."

"He didn't forget. He's been preparing all summer. It's gonna be so great." Jongup snuggled up to Yongguk's arm. He was talking with his eyes closed.

"Yeah I was just trying to relieve a little tension dad yikes! Thanks for making me nervous again." mumbled Daehyun. Yongguk's face dropped.

"Sorry Dae, joesonghamnida."

Yongguk was sincerely and Daehyun could tell. It was fun teasing his father but he hated to see him sad.

"Aniyo~ Gwenchana!" He quickly said waving his arms in front of him, "I was just joking dad, it's okay. I'll be fine." 

Yongguk seemed to accept it and got back to his fatherly self.

"You know your mom's coming to see your speech Dae..."

Daehyun's eyes lit up but Yongguk didn't see because he wasn't facing him.

"That's cool." Daehyun replied.

"Chincha?! She is?!" Jongup asked excitedly, his sleepy face disappating.

"Yeah and then after that you guys are going to the amusement park right?"

"That's what she said." Daehyun chimed.

"Wow~ I can't wait." Jongup beamed as they exited the bus speedwalking towards the school building. Jongup tripped and dropped his books. 

"Klutz."

"Cut it out." Yongguk warned helping Jongup up, "This is why I tell you to tie your shoes properly. And wake up. AND look where you're going." Jongup cringed and rubbed the back of his head, he was fully awake now. Daehyun tried to contain his smile while his father retied Jongup's shoes.

"Sorry dad." He said.

"I'm not telling you this stuff to annoy you Jongup. Listen next time." Yongguk scolded.

Jongup nodded quickly. 

"Hurry up, ppali~ We're gonna be late." Daehyun called.

"Who you tellin!?" Yongguk said as he ran forward pulling Jongup alongside him to the front gate of the school. Jongup hugged his dad goodbye and Yongguk kissed his forehead then turned to Daehyun.

"Dad! Come on! Honestly!" Daehyun whined pulling away as Yongguk tried to kiss him.

"Ah~ chincha! Whatever, good luck with your speech."

"Don't forget dad." Jongup chimed.

"Yeah 4 pm." Daehyun said.

"4 pm. Got it." Yongguk replied. "Have a good day~"

Yongguk raced off to work as soon as he saw Daehyun dragged Jongup into the school building.

----------

"You're late Bang." Yongguk had just set his bag down when his boss Gil had come out of his office. He looked irritated.

"Joesonghamnida." Yongguk bowed, "It's my sons first day back at school after break and I wanted to make sure they were there on time and--"

"You can't be doing this Bang," He got up from his seat and walked toward Yongguk sadly,"I hate to tell you this but, I've got to let you go."

"Let me go!?" Yongguk was shocked. He just knew that he was in better standings with this company but he was wrong. 

"I'm sorry Bang but we have plenty of other workers, with kids who show up on time. I'm sorry. This is just how it is." Gil shook his head as if he regretted his decision. That was all an act.

"Are you being serious right now?"

"Please don't make this hard, Bang." Gil pat him on the shoulder and went into his office. He stopped at the door and turned around, "Just think of this positively. Now you get to spend more time with your boys. It's a win-win."

Yongguk weakly smiled and headed back out the door. He wanted to get home as soon as possible. He was angry. He'd been at this company for five years and now today they decided to fire him. He sulked back home. He literally walked all the way back home just to wallow in his thoughts. 

As soon as he arrived back at the apartment he got a phone call. He was exhausted from walking home halfway across town and was just going to let the answering machine pick up the call. It was Casper.

"Hey Yongguk, It's Casper. I know you're probably at work right now," 

Yongguk groaned aloud, "Ugh don't remind me." He covered his head with a pillow.

"but I've got a job opportunity for you~" 

Yongguk's ears perked up as he listened intently to Casper on the answering machine.

"Okay I know it might now be what you're looking for but I work here and it's good money. Plus you'd be closer to Daehyun and Jongup's school. A position just opened up and I'm pretty sure I can get you in. I know you're probably like your job you're at now better but just hear me out okay. Kim Hotel. Maid position. It pays better than your old job, I can tell you that and wait until you hear about the benefits. Call me back when you get off work because my break's almost over. Or I'll just see you at Daehyun speech. Bye~" Casper hung up and Yongguk looked to the sky. Thank heavens for having your friends look out for you. He showered and got ready for Daehyun's speech. He would talk to Casper about it there but he knew Daehyun would not forgive him for being late and Yongguk had to work on the bus schedule's time. 

"4 pm, 4 pm, 4 pm." He repeated as he dressed for the speech. 4 pm... new opportunities.


Author's Note: Okay so this chapter was just an intro to get you introduced somewhat to the Bang family. If anyone wants to make a poster for this story that would be lovely just saying.  First chapter, hurrah~ If you've seen Maid In Manhattan then you basically know the pattern of this story. I just substituted all the characters for K-Pop stars and added kids. I hope you guys like it. Sorry that this chapter is a little short, I just wanted to get something out to you guys since you commented and subscribed so quickly. I'm truly greatful. I love comments. Also "Gil" is the Gil from Leesang and Casper is the Casper from Cross Gene, I have a feeling I will randomly slip characters from other groups into this story to make up for the other characters just a heads up because I will not tag them.=*CheeDragon.