It is strange.

Being Sane.

 

i hope you guys like this story so far

 

um yeah, its pretty different to normal stuff on AFF ;)

 

sorry i havnt updated in ages :( 

 

but please enjoy this chapter! :D

happyyyy reading guys ;)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

“Tell me about the war,” I say to Seunghyun.

 

A day has passed and this is the first thing I say to him

 

He puts down his cereal and oauses. He looks at me and frowns slightly, shocked to hear me speak to him.

 

Gazing at him, I noticed his sharp jawline and clear clear skin. His face was rather handsome and I could see why girls were attracted to him.

 

All I wanted to do was caress his beautiful face.

 

He looks up at me and my breath is taken away. I like the feeling of his eyes staring into mine. 

 

We sit opposite each other on our tiny tiny table.

 

“It’s… um somewhat complicated.” He says, his voice deep.

 

There’s something about his voice that attracts me. The scent it gives off when he speaks. His voice smells musty, woody, like a campfire. When he speaks it feels like I am being hugged, as if his hands were on me.

 

 

“I’m all ears,” I respond, tucking a loose piece of my brown hair behind my ear.

 

“Of course you are.” He replies, “A year before, there was a massive drop in the Korean dollar. People assumed it was because of bad sales that year.”

 

He paused and stared deeply into me.

 

“Yeah… continue.” I say.

 

“But everyone was wrong. It was actually our president selling off the price of the Korean dollar. Apparently he was making secret deals with the opposition leader of Japan. Money was scarce and around 80% of all workers were sacked. From that day it was like a war. People did whatever they could to get food and money and when government tax officers came to peoples houses, the people simply shot them.” He says gravely.

 

I sit there with a shocked expression written on my face.

 

“Soon, all of Korea became split up. People couldn’t agree with each other any more and several districts were formed. I guess it was a good idea…. I mean before people were killing each other on the streets, houses were on fire and there was gun fire everywhere. Leaders of each district was formed. And the leader of this Seoul district is no other than the principle.”

 

THE PRINCIPLE?? !!

 

WHAT

 

“Seriously?” I gasp.

 

He smirks and cooly replies, “Course, what, you don’t believe me?”

 

It is strange.

 

Something occurs to me and I panic.

 

“Doesn’t that mean that this very school could be under attack?” I gasp again.

 

He frowns and replies, “well… yeah. I guess an attack on this school is very likely.”

 

He is confused. I can see bright large orange question marks form above his head. I stare at the question marks above his head, I haven’t seen them in a long time.

 

“Yah, are you okay?” he asks me suddenly.

 

I nod feebly.

 

“You were staring at something above my head… what…” he asks me with concern.

 

The bright orange symbol fades away like a cloud.

 

I feel strange and suddenly tears form in my eyes.

 

What the is happening…

 

Seunghyun stares at me, afraid that I am going to have a breakdown like yesterday.

 

I have a bad bad feeling.

 

Something bad is going to happen.

 

~~~

 

 

KWON JIYONG POV

Its her. The other reader.

 

She makes her way down the stairs towards me.

 

Her long brown hair falls behind her back and she wears a simple dark hoodie and dark blue skinny jeans.

 

Her legs are very skinny.  y.

 

Wait. They’re actually pretty unhealthy skinny.

 

Her legs are like sticks, maybe she isn’t eating.

 

I walk towards her and she looks at me, awareness in her eyes.

 

We stare at each other for a while and I still cant jam into her thoughts.

 

“Kwon Jiyong.” I say, holding out my hand.

 

She stares at me hand as if it was a bloody knife. Why is she scared of me?

 

What, do I look like a or something?

 

She takes my hand and shakes it slowly.

 

“Umm... I’m Park Bom.” She says quietly. “I’ve never met another one before.”

 

I give her a charming smile.

 

“Don’t worry, there’s heaps around Seoul.”

 

That was a tiny lie. She was the second reader I have met. Her bright eyes stare into mine. Her eyes feel weird. The atmosphere around her was strange. I didn’t like it…

 

“C-c-can you see the lights as well?” she suddenly asks me.

 

Lights?

 

I shake my head, “No,… what do you mean?”

 

“Like… like when someone is talking,… can you see the colours and stuff coming out of their mouths?”

 

“No…” I reply slowly.

 

Her eyes grow shocked and she stares at the ground.

 

She is a weird one… I wonder what she’s doing at this school. I mean she doesn’t even recognize me!

 

Maybe she lives under a rock. But then again even villagers from other districts have heard of me. Me, the famous songwriter.

 

Someone behind her catches my eye and my heart sinks.

 

I can recognize her golden brown hair. How could I ever forget the back of her head.

 

I am speechless. A burst of anger erupts from my chest and I leave Bom to chase after the blond haired girl. I can see her pink dress and white canvas shoes.

I couldn’t believe that she had found me.

 

~~~

 

 

BOMS POV

Seunghyuns words kept repeating in my mind.

 

“This school could be attacked at anytime.”

 

I can imagine it. People with guns jumping over the walls of the school. Shooting us students as we sleep. Then finally ambushing and killing the principle.

 

I’m still in shock after meeting that other reader. I had too many things on my mind, having a tiny crush on Seunghyun, Jiyong, the principle, a civil war.

 

And I thought moving to Korea would be good for me.

 

I walk into the schools upstairs bathroom and shiver.

 

Why was it so cold in here.

 

Why was the light so bright in here?

 

There was a girl on the ground in front of the sink, surrounding in her own puddle of blood.

 

I can see a stab wound on the side of her hip. Her blond hair still has wet blood on her. Her silk pink dress is stained with dark red.

 

Memories of what happened in the US flooded back into my mind.

 

No… not this again.

 

I stare at the body for a long time and my vision becomes corrupt.

 

All of a sudden I cannot see in colour. I can only see in black and white.

 

What was happening?

 

The black was slowly taking over the white colours.

 

Slowly there was no white and I was covered in black.

 

I shivered.