The Sixth Letter

A Collection of Letters || Short Story

 

Dear Key,

My grades are getting lower and lower everyday. I can’t take it anymore. Even in this special school, I’m among the lowest scores. I do my best, I swear. It just doesn’t work with me. My mom got me a cat. She says it’s so I’d get my mood up, but I see no need for this action. My mood is pretty high, right? I made a friend today. His name is Lee Yesung. He’s with me in all my classes. He lives near my house so we walked together after school. It was nice feeling like I had a friend. But it just isn’t the same if it isn’t you. When do you plan on coming back? Do you remember when we first skipped school and we barely knew where to go and hide? We were 8th graders and we simply took a cab to the mall, and staid there through the whole school day. We played video games in the arcade and ate about 8 cones of ice cream each. When we got tired of doing nothing, we walked to the park near our house and played soccer with some little kids who were there until it was time to arrive home from “school.” I wish we could do that all over again. That was such an amazing day. Please write back. You’ve really got me worried, Key. You can’t simply disappear from my world without telling me the reasons.

With Love,

Sunny