I need you to be strong

Like Phoenix

 

“Kim Joonmyun, I need you” Tiffany whispers.

Ring… Ring….Ring

Tiffany stand and walks slowly grab her cellphone on the desk near the window.

“Yeoboseyo”

“Yeoboseyo, Tiffany-ya it’s Kris. Do you have any leisure tomorrow?”

“You need to get out from your room Tiffany” She remembers how furious Jessica was yesterday when she didn’t bulge move and stayed in her bed all day long.

“Yes, I have. Maybe around 5” She can hear someone squeal behind Kris. That must be Chanyeol, she can hear Kris hiss and Chanyeol mutters a sorry.

“Well, okay around 5 at EXO12 café, M wing”

“Okay” She wants to hung up, but Chanyeol yells

“Fanny-shi, have tight sleep. I’m so sorry” She smiles and put her phone.

Kris grabs new chicken soup series book; he still didn’t finish it, yet. Chanyeol leaves him in their share room and makes his way to the kitchen. He wants a cup of hot chocolate. It’s really chill this day. Desember… He mumbles. He sighs when finds nothing.

“Kris, let’s go to store” Chanyeol shouts. Kris shakes his head and put down the book.

Chanyeol is standing behind the door ready to go.

“Come on, hurry up” Chanyeol says impatiently. Kris sees his fiancée from head to toes.

He must be kidding.

“Wait for second” Kris backs to their bedroom and grabs jacket, cloak and cap.

“What take you so long?” Chanyeol pouts. Kris doesn’t answer his question and makes Chanyeol wears jacket, cloak, and cap that he brings.

“It’s cold outside” He says casually. Chanyeol froze at his place.

“Yeolli, hurry up” Kris shouts. Chanyeol blinks his eyes twice and follows Kris outside.

Chanyeol can’t imagine if he lose Kris. No he never wants to imagine. It will be more hurt than dying.

“What does it feel like in Tiffany state? I might be die” He thinks, but Chanyeol unconsciously say it out loud. Kris hears him clearly.

“Yeolli, are you okay?” Kris asks him worriedly.

Chanyeol nods weakly.

Kris turns the engine off and park the car in front of the store.

“Yeol, we arrive” He informs.

“Kris can we go to Tiffany’s home now, please” He pleads. Kris takes long breath. He thinks it will be bad idea because he knows how unstable Chanyeol’s emotion. He still isn’t sure Chanyeol can talk to her without use his feeling. No, he needs Chanyeol to be rational and calm. He still can get rid of Chanyeol suddenly outburst to Suho’s mother.

“Kris” Chanyeol really knows Kris can’t say no to his puppy eyes. He hates to admit label “kicked puppy in the middle of the rain”, but it’s not too bad and sometime makes him smile.

“Okay, but don’t do something stupid like this morning” Kris shakes his head. He doesn’t know where the word “NO” disappears from his dictionary when it comes to Chanyeol.

Chanyeol smiles widely. He hugs Kris and pecks his lips.

“I love you, I love you, I love you my dragon” Kries doesn’t reply, he kisses Chanyeol’s forehead and that’s enough for Chanyeol.

They arrive at Tiffany’s apartment. Jessica welcomes them. She is really happy, they come. She doesn’t know what to do anymore. Kris and Chanyeol surprised to meet Baekhyun there.

Jessica and Chanyeol excuse themselves and go to Tiffany’s room, leave Kris and Baekhyun in the living room. Baekhyun sits uncomfortably. Kris smirks to Baekhyun.

“Nice catch, Baek” Kris compliments or actually it’s just damn tease, but Baekhyun smiles and nods.

“How is Suho?” Baekhyun changes the subject. They have important thing to do. Jessica is really upset because of Tiffany. She is her best friend and sees his lover like that makes him worry.

“Kai and Sehun didn’t tell you?” Baekhyun shakes his head. He isn’t that close to them, so they have no reason to tell him anyway.

“It’s getting complicated. I’ll tell you, but I guess it’s not right place” Baekhyun nods in agreement.

“Kris!!!!”

“Baekhyun, help me!!!!”

Chanyeol and Jessica shout from Tiffany’s room. Kris and Baekhyun run to approach them.

Tiffany is lying unconsciously. Chanyeol held Tiffany in his arms.

“Fany… Wake up” Jessica cries.

“We take her to hospital” Chanyeol nods and Kris lifts her up bring her to his car. Jessica caresses her cheeks and her tears falling down uncontrollably. Baekhyun follows them behind with his own car.

“She will be okay” Chanyeol says. I know he is nervous and worries as hell. I squeeze his hand.

We rush to the hospital. Doctor brings her to the ICU. Baekhyun hugs Jessica tightly. Chanyeol and I excuse myself to get coffee for us. I drag Chanyeol with me because I don’t want to see him walk back and forth and bite his nails endlessly. It will bring Jessica more worries looking at Chanyeol.

“Kris, you said we will go to the cafeteria” He says when I bring her outside. I look around and find empty room. I make sure no one surrounding and bring him to my embrace.

“Now, cry” I command. He finally cries and let out all his feeling.

He is really scared, insecure, upset. I understand his situation, maybe Chanyeol is strong enough and never let everything bring him down, but now I know Chanyeol makes himself at Tiffany state. He said he doesn’t want to imagine I leave him alone. Damn, I won’t ever do that.

He can’t bear to lose me no matter what.

“Hei… You won’t lose me, my phoenix. The dragon needs the phoenix to live. No, I won’t ever leave you”

“But… but what…”

“I need you to be strong. I need the phoenix. We will do it together. My phoenix is…..”

Even if everything is thrown away, I will go till the end

And I can’t turn back like before

My exhausted soul won’t ever stop trying

I will show you everything in a more unstoppable way

“That song describes you, my phoenix. The phoenix is the dragon’s half soul. The dragon needs the phoenix to be strong. I need you to be strong”

Chanyeol hugs Kris tighter. He pulls away after a while and smiles to Kris.

“We need to go back there and bring them coffee. Do we need to call Kai and Sehun?” Chanyeol asks.

“That’s my fiancée. Yes, we need to buy coffee first and no, we don’t need to make them freak out in the middle of the night. We will make call tomorrow”

Kris brings him to his embrace once again and wishpers.

“Thanks to be strong”

Yes, he needs to be strong. He needs to be strong not just for both of them, but for their friends too, especially Tiffany and Suho.