Step 1

Like Phoenix

 

“Hyung, Are you sure it’s the right number of Suho hyung?” Sehun asks Kai. Kai nod and grab his cellphone to check by himself.

“” He curses.

“What?” Kris asks.

“Suho hyung changes his cellphone number. I’m sure it’s his number. Last night he called me, but when I tried to make conversation about Tiffany he cuts me off and said he has something to do” Kai explains.

“What will we do now?” Chanyeol’s voice sounds desperate. Kris links his arm around Chanyeol’s waist. Chanyeol leans closer to Kris.

“We go to his house” Sehun states and they nod.

They go there with Kris’ car. A maid opens the door not long after Sehun press the doorbell.

“Can I meet aunty?” Sehun asks the butler. His mother is Suho’s mother best friend so it’s common thing he comes to Suho’s house.

The butler comes to greet Sehun and they follow him to Suho’s mother painting studio. When she sees Shun, she leaves his unfinished paint.

“Long time no see you, sweety” She kisses Sehun’s left cheek. Kai smirks; he has another reason to teases Sehun. Sehun glares at him before averted his attention back to Suho’s mother.

“Come here, sit here. Do you all want something to drink?” She asks casually, dials number to call the maid and brings them something. The maids come not long after bring tray of tea and cake.

“Ehhmmm….” Sehun clears his throat.

Suho’s mother looks at him smile.

“What’s bring you here, Sehun ah? And ehm….”

Kris stands up and introduces their self.

“Choneun my name is Wu Yifan. This is Chanyeol and that is Kai” They stand up as well and bow.

“Owh… I’m Kim Minra, call me auntie Kim” She says smile.

“Auntie Kim. Can we have Suho’s number?” Chanyeol asks impatiently.

Kris shakes his head.

“Sorry, he is not meant to being rude” Kris apologizes.

“But Kris….” Chanyeol defends, but when he sees Kai shakes his head as well he stops. Kris meets Chanyeol eyes and Chanyeol nods.

Mr. Kim smiles knowingly; she can sense they are an item even without they let it out. Affection and adoration in Kris’ eyes toward Chanyeol, it’s enough to make she is sure about her judge.

“Can you explain what’s going on till all of you come here? I need to know the problem first and why you need Suho’s number? Did he make trouble before leaveKorea?”

Kris takes the words as sign to speak.

“Actually we come here to clear something. I want to apologize for created a mess that made Suho took decision went abroad” Kris speaks clearly; he meets his gaze with Suho’s mother. She gives sign him to continue.

“Suho misunderstood about my relationship with…..” He seems not sure to just say it or not.

“Do you mean Tiffany?” Kris nods.

“Go” Kris takes deep breathe.

“Suho saw us had kissing scene in the basketball yard, actually it’s not like that. We just pretended to kiss for our school drama. I’m really sorry, if I knew that, I could clear that’s all in right time and Suho didn’t need to…..” Mr. Kim cuts him off by squeeze his hand, she doesn’t seem surprise; she just shakes her head.

“Don’t blame yourself. That’s not the really reason why Suho must goes abroad. Maybe even you tell him the truth, it doesn’t change anything. Suho and Tiffany, they are friends. I like to see them really close, but something didn’t go like what I want” She takes deep breathe.

“Tiffany and Suho aren’t meant for each other” She smiles bitterly.

They look confuse and don’t get what she means.

“Pardon me, why they aren’t meant to each other?” Chanyeol asks, hint of angriness in his tone.

“How long you know my son?” She asks and this question is for Chanyeol. He hesitates to say just few weeks, it’s just short time.

“By few weeks” Chanyeol reply weakly.

“All of you really care about Suho?” They nod.

“Please make Tiffany forgets about him. It will be hard for both of them if Tiffany can’t forget him. I can’t tell you the reason and I know really well that Tiffany loves Suho. I know it and Suho knows it. I called him before the flight, but it doesn’t change his mind. Sorry… It’s not your fault” Sehun is shock. His expression is really obvious. Chanyeol still registers what he hears, Kai doesn’t change his expression, and in other way Kris tries his best to not ask any further.

“Why he did this?” Chanyeol asks in disbelief.

“He said he loves Tiffany, he said he will do anything for her happiness. Doesn’t he think that his decision will make them both get hurt? Why you didn’t stop him? Why?” Chanyeol whispers.

“I want his happiness, but in the other hand I don’t know what to do. It’s complicated. I’m really sorry. If you care about Suho, please do me a favor. Tiffany is like my own daughter, but fate sometime isn’t in our side. I want turn back the time, I want change the fate, but who am I? I am ordinary human and who am I to blame God for everything …. God gives Suho’s life, God protects him that all I wish and God grants my wish. I can’t more than grateful. Tiffany is good girl, she deserves the better one”

“Tiffany needs Suho and Suho needs Tiffany. Is it not clear enough?” Chanyeol stand and clench his fist. Kris grabs his wrist, he forces Chanyeol to sit and calm down.

“I know it’s unfair for you. We drive many persons to get hurt, but we do this for Suho’ sake” Suho’s mother says weakly.

“For his shake?” Chanyeol shout and leave the room. Kris stands up, follows Chanyeol out  of the house.

Chanyeol make his way to their car. Kris sighs, Chanyeol never be the one who good enough to hide his feeling. And today is one of the many times he loses control.

“Chanyeol, I won’t talk about being polite and behave to the older, but just remind you to control your emotion. You’re not just the one who feels upset”

Chanyeol looks up and meet Kris’ soft eyes. Kris isn’t mad at all.

“Sorry” Chanyeol whispers. Kris shakes his head.

“I’m not the one who must forgive or you apologize to. I think it’s not good thing to back there, we will call Suho’s mom later and apologize to her” Kris speaks, Chanyeol nods.

Not long after Sehun and Kai join Kris and Chanyeol.

“What’s going there?” Chanyeol asks curious.

“Nothing, we kept silent and didn’t know what to do” Sehun replies with straight face.

Chanyeol pouts unconsciously.

“Uh… hyung, did you know that you’re childish enough for your ages” Kai says annoyance.

Chanyeol glares at him and just makes Kai laughs his off. Chanyeol’s face isn’t the one fit that expression at all. His eyes are too big to give them slight of afraid. No one will be afraid of his big eyes.

“Yi Fan” Chanyeol whines.

“Kai” Yifan gives Kai his infamous glare. Kris is good person, good hyung and all, but he will be the scary one when it relates to his baby Chanyeol and you don’t want to deal with this part.

“I won’t take my words  back. Sorry , Chanyeol hyung. I’m afraid of Kris hyung, but not to you” Kai smirks.

“You!!!!” Chanyeol hisses. He is about to tackle Kai from his front sit if Sehun not pushes him back.

“YOU TWO STOP BICKERING. CHANYEOL HYUNG ADMIT IT YOU’RE CHILDISH AND YOU KAI ISN’T DIFFERENT, EITHER” Chanyeol’s mouth hang open, Kai isn’t surprise at all. Sehun maybe he isn’t person who will speaks much, but when he gets annoyed he will threw out long sentence easily.

“Well, Can we go to get bubble tea. I have no bubble tea session this two days. Chanyeol hyung closes your mouth please” Sehun says casually.

This kid… You’re going to dead.

“Okay, we get your bubble tea first Sehun then we can grab some food. Chanyeol what’s kind of food do you want to eat?” Kris says and starts the engine on.

“Everything is okay for me as long as I eat with you and …..” He is eyeing two boys in back sit.

“We have good moment without two jerks behind”Kai and Sehun’s eyes widen.

“Feng Huang” Kris is getting annoyance, averting his gaze a while to Chanyeol.

“Okay… Okay… I got it. You two shut up” Chanyeol says. Kai and Sehun face palm.

“He means it’s you, hyung” Sehun says bluntly.

“Owh… Okay” Chanyeol smiles sheepishly.

“Why I can bear live with you?” Kris says under his breath.

“Because you love me” Chanyeol beams happily.

“I want to puke” Kai states and they break into laugh.

I wish I can turn back the time. I wish Suho and Tiffany is being together.

Kris squeezes his hand.

Everything will be okay, feng huang. It will be okay.