Ch. 9- Is This What I Want?

Grab Onto Your Heart

Myungsoo's POV:

It has been two weeks since we have been here. All seven of us are starting to get closer, but Sunggyu-hyung and I still avoided Woohyun and Sungyeol. It was as if they were the plague and we were trying to run away from it. I wonder how long we were going to run and how far. Soon we will get tired, but we can't accept Woohyun and Sungyeol back. No matter how many times I open my heart it only gets trampled on. After five years have passed, what do I really want? My heartstrings keep on getting pulled but I want to keep on pulling back. Sometimes I wonder what is best for me? Whether to avoid Sungyeol for the rest of my life, which at this point seems impossible, or confront him?

" Myungsoo! What are you doing!" I snapped out of my thoughts and realized that I was in Sungjong's spot.

" I-I'm sorry!" Sunggyu-hyung came towards me and patted my head.

" Get your head together. Okay?" I nodded my head and we continued dancing.

We practically got our dance down and now we are just trying to perfect it. Since from 8 AM we have been dancing, and I feel like I'm going to pass out soon. I could tell everybody was tired. I looked at myself in the mirror and noticed how the others were moving. I was surprised at how well we have been dancing these past two weeks. I thought that fatigue would over take us someday but it hasn't yet. Something has been bothering me though. Sunggyu-hyung's moves look like they have been a bit forced, and afterwards he would be limping. Also I noticed that Sungyeol would massage his ankle whenever we would have to stop.

" Okay everybody! You guys can stop practicing now! Time to eat!" We ran over to manager-hyung and grabbed our food from him. They actually had meat in them and we cheered loudly. I went to sit next to Sunggyu-hyung who was applying an ice pack to his ankle.

" Hyung, is your ankle still acting weird?"

" No, I'm fine. It just hurts a little bit. It was fine yesterday, though."

I noticed that the other five were in small circle, and I couldn't help but want to join. So I grabbed our food and led Sunggyu-hyung over to them. I made sure that we didn't sit next to Woohyun and Sungyeol who were obviously sitting next to each other. Then I handed Sunggyu-hyung his food and I began to eat mine. The first bite of the meat was like heaven. It was as if it melted in my mouth. I hummed in approval and continued to eat. Right when I was going to take another bit, there was a napkin in front of my face. I looked at the person who was holding it and it was Hoya-hyung. I tilted my head confused and he pointed at Sungyeol. My eyes followed to Sungyeol and his head was down. Though I thought I could see a faint blush on his cheeks.

Taking the napkin from Hoya-hyung, I bowed towards Sungyeol because I was speechless. All of a sudden I felt a cold aura next to me and I turned to see Sunggyu-hyung glaring at me. I sighed and smiled to him. I wanted him to know that Sungyeol wasn't going to affect me anymore. As we ate, I listened to them talk about their trainee and debut days. Sunggyu-hyung and I found out that they have been promoting for like a year without any breaks. Also that they are known for their synchronized dancing. Now I know I have to work even harder that way I won't bring down the group. Manager-hyung came in and wanted us to get in a line.

" Okay, I want Woohyun and Sunggyu to go and learn their song. So, Woohyun and Sunggyu will stay home. Dongwoo and Hoya have to learn their song too and I want you to continue practicing since you two are the best dancers. That leaves Sungyeol, Sungjong, and Myungsoo. The three of you will go have vocal lessons again."

I clenched my fist together and got angry. Sunggyu-hyung shouldn't be alone with Woohyun. Who knows what Woohyun or Sunggyu-hyung would do to each other. Sunggyu-hyung was the first one to finish his food and I followed him. He walked with me to the car. We didn't say anything to each other since we knew what was on the other person's mind. Manager-hyung came with Sungyeol and Sungjong.

" Seeya, hyung."

" Practice well, okay?" I nodded my head and closed the door.

" Everyone buckled up!"

" Yes!"

" Alright, let's go!"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Sunggyu's POV:

 

After they left, I went back to the dance studio room and gathered my things. Dongwoo and Hoya stayed back while Woohyun and I went back to the dorm. I went to sit on my bed and pulled out the lyrics for my song. The song title is called " Because." I reread the lyrics over and over again. The feeling of wanting to let go of this person, but it's impossible to do it. Hearing, thinking, and feeling the person no matter how many times you try to shake them out. Wanting to forget the person but everytime they come crashing into your heart.

Is that how I feel right now? No. I have forgetten my feelings for Woohyun. I have already tore him away from my heart. He holds no place in my heart.

I threw the sheet of paper to the side and closed my eyes. I began to hum a song that I used to sing back then. After I finished humming the song, I took out the necklace from under my shirt. A silver chain with a clock locket in the shape of a heart. I opened the locket and stared at the picture. It was a picture of Woohyun and I with our arms over each other. We were smiling in the picture. This was taken before Sungyeol and Myungsoo started dating, but it was also when I started to realize my feelings for Woohyun. This necklace was from Woohyun for my 16th birthday. On that day I was so happy to receive something so beautiful. Thinking back then made me smile bitterly. Those days have been erased from my memories and heart. Nothing lingers there anymore. I closed the locket and put it under my shirt because I heard footsteps.

" Sunggyu-hyung?" I looked up to see Woohyun. I turned away and grabbed my sheet.

" What do you want?" He took a step towards me.

" I wanted to ask on how you were doing on your song." Another step.

" It's coming along well. You?" One more step.

" Me too." Now he was standing above me. I couldn't take it anymore so I pushed him away and went towards the door.

" Where are you going?"

" Anywhere that is away from you." I put on my shoes and headed outside. I checked my pockets and luckily I had my phone and wallet.

" I'm coming too!" I turned around and glared at him.

" You are staying here."

" No."

" Yes."

" No!"

" Woohyun!"

" Sunggyu!"

I pushed down my anger and just walked away. I could hear footsteps and knew that he was following me. As we were passing by some shops, I saw some ice cream. I went inside and looked at which ones I wanted. There were so many of them that I got so excited as to which one I was going to pick. From chocolate to fruity, there were so many to choose from. I finally decided to choose the chocolate ice cream bar, but somebody took it right from me. I was mad and I immediately looked at the person who took my ice cream away from me. Bad choice. The person who took away my ice cream was Nam Woohyun. All of a sudden I felt something cold touch my nose. Woohyun tapped my nose with the ice cream, and then he went to pay for it. I was confused as to why he was being a close with me. We shouldn't be like this. I..I don't like it. It makes my heart waver.

" Here!" He held out the ice cream in front of me, but I didn't take it. Now he was unwrapping and then took a bite out of my ice cream! MY ICE CREAM!

" Yah! That is my ice cream!"

" Really? Then take it back!"

Woohyun pushed the ice cream towards me. I closed my eyes waiting for the ice cream to smash into my face. Instead I felt a coldness touch my lips. I opened my eyes and looked down. The part where Woohyun bit off was touching my lips. Slowly, I took it from him. My fingers brushed against his when I grabbed it, and it felt like my finger got burned. Without thinking, I harshly took the ice cream from him. I turned back towards the dorm, but then all of a sudden I saw some girls pop out of nowhere. They must have spotted Woohyun because they all ran past me and towards him. My eyes followed them as they ran to him. Woohyun was now surrounded by the girls, but I didn't give a care. Until he started to call out for me. It was either get yelled by the managers or throw away my pride and help him out. After a very long decision, I decided to help out Woohyun because I rather not get yelled at by the managers.

" Excuse me! Excuse me!" I made my way through the crowd and grabbed his hand. I had to use all of my strength to pull him out. Once we go out, we ran as if our lives depended on it.

" Woohyun-oppa! Woohyun-oppa!" The fans yells got quieter and it seemed like we were in the clear. We were finally in front of the dorm and I sighed in relief. Right when I was about to press in the passcode, a hand stopped me.

" Why? Why did you help me?"

" I didn't want the manager-hyungs to yell at me for being a bad leader." I pushed his hand away and entered the passcode. It seemed like nobody was home yet. I went to the bedroom and laid down on the bed first.

Maybe I can finally get some rest after all of that running. Sheesh. I didn't know how crazy fans can be at times.

I touched my neck to make sure my necklace was still there and luckily it was.

" It's still there."

" What's still there?"  I looked over my shoulder and was met with Woohyun's face once again.

 

Woohyun's POV:

 

" What's still there?" I peered over Sunggyu-hyung's shoulder. On his neck I saw a silver chain. The chain looked really familiar so I went a bit closer.

" W-What are you doing?"

" What are you hiding under there?" I pointed to his neck and immediately he pulled his shirt up. My curiosity got the better of me and I crept closer to him. My hand reached out to his shirt. Sunggyu-hyung wasn't doing anything to stop me, though. If he wasn't going to retaliate then I was going to continue. Right when my fingers touched his shirt, I was pulled back.

" What are you trying to do to him!?"

" M-Myungsoo! W-What are you doing here? I thought you guys had vocal lessons?"

" They ended early," Myungsoo looked away from me and looked towards Sunggyu-hyung, " Did he hurt you?"

" I'm fine Myungsoo. Let's get out of here." I got up and stood in front of the doorway. 

" I didn't do anything to Sunggyu-hyung!" Myungsoo scoffed at me and rolled his eyes. I was at the edge but I had to keep calm.

" Yeah, that's hard to believe."

" Myungsoo and Woohyun, both of you stop it. Now, Woohyun, get out of our way. We have to go back and practice. Did you already forget that?"

The icy tone in Sunggyu-hyung's voice pierced my heart. I let my arms go limp and the first person to go pass me was Myungsoo. Then Sunggyu-hyung passed by me as if I was a nobody. One more time. One more time I wanted to feel his warmth. I turned around and grabbed his wrist. I pulled him towards me and our chests bumped into each other. On instinct, I pulled him into a hug and whispered into his ear.

" I'm sorry. Please, don't ignore me anymore." Sunggyu-hyung was struggling in my arms but I was the stronger one. Then all of a sudden he stopped and I could feel his arms lift up, but it was to push me away.

" Don't. You. Ever. Do. That. Again." I watched him as he turned away and headed back to the dance studio. I punched the wall in anger and luckily I didn't leave a hole or else I would have got scolded by the managers.

" Woohyun?" I didn't notice Sungyeol was standing next to me until he touched my shoulder.

" Sungyeol, do you think I will ever be forgiven?" Sungyeol flashed me his gummy smile and patted my back.

" Of course you will! You just need time! You aren't the only one who has to be forgiven too. It was my fault as well."

" I'm sorry." He shook his head at me.

" I had already forgiven you a long time ago. How about we go back?" I nodded my head and followed him. The others were standing in a circle waiting for us. Sunggyu-hyung the music and we began to dance.

My mind was somewhere else as we danced. I missed a few steps, fell, and I accidentally bumped into the other members. I got the verses wrong and I would forget where my next spot was. At least the other members were understanding. They just smiled at me and told me to work harder. There were no couraging words from Sunggyu-hyung. All that came out of his mouth was " Watch where you are stepping," or " You keep on missing the beat." I was growing tired of it that I yelled at him. I didn't mean to. It wasn't my fault that I was getting tired of his nagging. It wasn't my fault that he was pushing me to the brink. It was my fault, though, that he hates me.

" Sunggyu-hyung, stop telling me what to do!"

" What?"

" I can't take it anymore! I just need to rest!"

" You know we can't do that! We have to practice!" I rolled my eyes and I was about to walk towards him until I felt somebody puling me back.

" Sungyeol, let me go."

" Just drop it. Practice is almost over. Please, can you deal with it? Just for a little bit longer?" I sighed and looked back at Sunggyu-hyung. He was glaring at me and I just gave up. I went back to my spot and stood there.

" Okay let's get back to practicing!" Once Sunggyu-hyung pressed the button we started to dance.

How much longer can I take this? How much longer is he going to be cold to me? How much longer?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Sungyeol's POV:

 

After dance practice, all of us went back to the dorm and showerd. We decided on going by oldest to youngest for today since we were too tired to play rock, paper, and scissors. Right now Hoya-hyung was taking a shower, and the others were in their room. When Hoya-hyung was finished with his shower, I went to take mine. It felt so good to get rid of all of the sweat from practice, and the steam opened up my lungs a bit. I put on my pyjamas after I was done showering and went to the living room. I could hear the shower turn on and realized it was now Myungsoo's turn. I just my laptop as I listened to the sound of the shower.

While I was browsing on the internet, Myungsoo came out. I greeted him with a smile, but he just stared at me. My smiled faltered a bit and I looked away. I continued looking through the internet, and when I got bored I turned it off. I went to the kitchen to grab something to drink but at the same time Myungsoo came out. I watched him as he got a cup of water. His hair was still wet, and I couldn't get my eyes off of him. The way how the cup met his lips made it seem like he was filming for a commercial.

" Um, could you stop staring at me?"

" H-Huh?"

" You were watching my every move." I looked away immediately even though I regretted it right away.

" S-Sorry."

" No, it's okay." He placed the cup into the sink and he began to walk away.

He's walking away. Are you going to let him go a second time? Tell him before it's too late. Hurry!

My hand flew to his hand, and I grabbed onto it tightly. Myungsoo turned around and looked at my hand to me. When our eyes met, I tried to dig into him. I wanted to break down the wall he built. The wall in his heart. The wall in his heart that was built because of...me. A wall that I was able to break down once, and I'm determined to break it once again. Though this time I won't break his heart.

" Please, let go of me." I shook my head.

" Sungyeol, let go of me."

" I-I don't want to."

" What?"

" I-" I miss you.

" What do you want to say to me?"

" I...I wanted to say goodnight."

" Oh...goodnight to you too." I let go of him and watched him as he went to the bedroom he shared with Dongwoo-hyung.

" It's a start, right?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

(A/N: Decided to update because I stayed home since I wasn't feeling very well. I hope you enjoy this chapter somewhat! Anyways thanks for reading, suscribing, and commenting! Will update tomorrow!)