Ch. 24- It's Harder to Forget

Grab Onto Your Heart

Sungyeol's POV:

" Sungyeol, wake up. We have to go and film the rest of the music video. Hurry up before manager-hyung gets angry." My body was hit with the chilly morning air. I tried reaching for my blanket that was taken away from me but it was futile.

" If you don't wake up I will kiss you." At those words my eyes flew open. I opened my mouth to say something, but I was stopped by a pair of lips. Then I felt their lips brushing my ear.

" That's what you get for last time. Hurry up!" I threw my pillow at him and groaned into my bed sheets. I placed my hand over my heart. It was beating really fast because of the kiss.

Dang you Myungsoo. You are going to give me a heart attack.

I reluctantly got out of bed and headed to the bathroom. I washed my face, brushed my teeth, and got out of the bathroom after I was done. The other members were ready, but Dongwoo-hyung was lagging behind because he was the last one to wake up. Hoya-hyung was pushing Dongwoo-hyung into the bathroom and shut the door. I went back to my room and changed into different clothes. After I was done, I went into the kitchen to make myself coffee. Though when I got there Myungsoo was holding a mug to me. I could smell the aroma of coffee from the mug. I gladly took it.

" Thanks Myungsoo."

" You're welcome."

Together we leaned against the counter drinking our coffee. Even though it was quiet it wasn't uncomfortable. Myungsoo and I don't need to exchange words to tell the other person what we are feeling. It is comfortable just like holding hands with him. Then in an instant it got ruined when Sunggyu-hyung walked in. I watched him as he drank half a water bottle. He placed it back into fridge and left the kitchen.That was weird. Usually he would greet us with a hello. I looked at Myungsoo to see if he knew if something was wrong with Sunggyu-hyung. Myungsoo just shook his head at me. Sunggyu-hyung seemed out of it.

After everybody was ready, we headed into car. I opened door, but I was surprised Sunggyu-hyung wasn't in the car yet. He is usually the first one in the car, but he isn't today. Does it have to do with how he was acting this morning? I just hope it isn't anything that won't affect todays music video filming. Maybe something happened between Sunggyu-hyung and Woohyun-hyung. Though, when I saw Woohyun-hyung this morning, he didn't seem mad. He actually seemed better than usual. Which is good since it means that his fever is gone. Sunggyu-hyung was the last one to get on. Manager-hyung asked him what took him so long and he just said he had to use the bathroom. There is definitely something wrong.

" Sungyeol, what are you thinking about?" Myungsoo was nudging my side trying to get my attention. I pushed away his elbow since he was literally jabbing my side causing it to hurt a little bit. I gestured him to lean foward so I could whisper into his ear. I didn't want anybody to hear this especially Sunggyu-hyung.

" I think there is something wrong with Sunggyu-hyung. Ever since this morning he hasn't well...been himself." We looked at the back of Sunggyu-hyung and then each other. Myungsoo nodded his head in confirmation and whispered into my ear.

" Me too. I have a weird feeling, but I don't know what. I want to ask him but I don't think I should. Maybe it has something to do with Woohyun." Then I looked at Woohyun who was peacefully sleeping.

Does it have to do with Woohyun-hyung? It seems there is nothing wrong with Woohyun-hyung, though.

Myungsoo and I looked at each other and sighed. I don't know about Myungsoo, but I wish the two of them could solve their problems. Though that seems impossible since Sunggyu-hyung doesn't have his memories back yet. Which leaves them in a standstill until Sunggyu-hyung remembers. How long will that be? I wish it won't take long because I can just feel the tension between them. Especially from Woohyun-hyung.

 

----------------------------------------------------------

 

Sunggyu's POV:

 

We arrived at the set for the music video. One by one we entered the building, and I was amazed. There were different areas for the sets. One of them had a car, a bed, and selves. Also there were those caution tapes too. This is my first time, I think, that I have been on a set like this.

" Yah, Sunggyu-hyung, you are going to catch flies if you leave your mouth open like that." I immediately shut my mouth. I glared at the person who said it to me and of course it would be Myungsoo.

" Be more respectful to your hyung!"

" Okay! Sheesh! Anyways, hyung, is there something bothering your mind today? You seemed really out of it this morning." I couldn't tell my problem to Myungsoo. Though he might know the answer to it. He and I are childhood friends so he should know.

" Actually, I was wondering about something. Do you know about a picture that-"

" Sunggyu! Myungsoo! Get over here right now! We can't be wasting anymore time! Hurry up!" Myungsoo gave me an apologetic look saying that he will listen to me next time. Right now we have to go film or else the manager-hyungs will come kick our butts if we don't hurry up.

The seven of us changed into our outfits, got our make up done and our hair. We chatted for a bit as we waited for the staff to finish up with the lighting and set. I was excited actually. I couldn't wait to act. The director told me that I would be sitting against a car. Then the door opened and in came a female. If I remember correctly, she is going to be the female actress in the music video.

" Lets work well together. Please take care fo me." She bowed to us and we did the same. As she left the room, the director called for Myungsoo. We all wished Myungsoo good luck. Then Dongwoo and Hoya went to leave to go use the bathroom. Sungjong and Sungyeol were talking to some other staff for their parts, which left Woohyun and I in the room. Just us two. Awkward.

" Sunggyu-hyung?" I looked at the mirror and jumped in my seat. Woohyun was standing right behind me without me knowing. I must have not heard him or he must be like a ninja.

" S-Sorry hyung. Did I scare you?"

" Just a little bit." I turned my chair around to face him, but he looked away. When I thought he didn't want to talk to me, he leaned down so we were face to face.

" Did I do something bad? I feel like you are avoiding me." My eyes widened. How could he have figured out? Was I took obvious about it? Suddenly, I felt his hands on my shoulders.

" Hyung, it's okay. You don't have to answer. Forget I asked you that. Just relax okay? It would be bad if you aren't relaxed for your part of the music video." I simply nodded. He got up and was about to walk away from me. Unconciously, my hand reached for his. Woohyun turned around and raised an eyebrow at me.

" What's wrong?"

" I... I want to ask you something." The distance between us lessened. He leaned down again so we were face to face. My hand got warmer as he placed his other hand on top of it.

" Ask me." Woohyun said as he looked straight into my eyes and mine into his. A smile graced up on his lips.

" I-I want to ask about your-"

" Woohyun-sshi! It is your turn now!" We looked at the staff member-- well, actually I glared at the person-- and looked back at each other. A sigh escaped both our lips. It was silent for a few seconds and then we laughed. Woohyun let go of my hand, but I didn't want him to let go.

" I will see you later. You can ask me later, okay?"

" Okay." Woohyun left the room as he went onto the set. At that time Myungsoo came back. He saw me and ran over to me with a smile. I guess the director must have been happy with him.

" Hyung! There you are! Everybody else is watching each other film. What are you doing back here?"

" I just want some time to think." That was a lie, or was it?

" Well, lets go watch Woohyun." Myungsoo grabbed my hand before I knew it and led me towards the set. Like he said, everybody else was watching Woohyun. It seemed like Woohyun is getting ready for his. His face was unreadable, but it seemed calm. Way better than how I am right now.

" Okay! Woohyun stand where I told you."

Woohyun went to walk over to the where he was told to stand. Within a second, there was dust coming from the shelves almost like someting exploded. He just moved around a bit as the camera caught him. Then he blocked himself from the debree. I was amazed at how something so short seemed so significant and amazing.

" Good job Woohyun-sshi! Next we need Sungyeol!" Woohyun walked off and then Sungyeol went on with the female actress. When I looked over at Myungsoo, I saw a bit of anger in his eyes. He almost looked...jealous?

" Hey, Sunggyu-hyung." My attention went back to Woohyun who was standing in front of me. Myungsoo disappeared somewhere, but who cares.

" H-Hey there." I said as I looked down. 

" I thought you were going to hang out back?" Woohyun stood next to me. He like stood really close to me.

" I changed my mind. Actually, can I ask you now?"

" Sure. What did you want to ask?" I took a few steps and stood in front of him. Then I looked at him right in the eye.

" I want to know about that necklace that you wear. I-I saw a picture, which I know I shouldn't have, but I saw a picture of you and me. Care to explain?" I noticed how his body stiffened. Now he wasn't looking at me but the ground. I was about to reach for his face and make him look at me, but then the director called out for me.

" Sunggyu-sshi, it's your turn now!" I reluctantly walked away from Woohyun who hasn't looked back up.

What is Woohyun keeping from me?

 

Woohyun's POV:

 

My whole body froze when those words came out of his mouth. I didn't think that he would see the necklace out of everything. I took the necklace from him when we brought him to the hospital and when he told us he doesn't remember who we are except for Myungsoo. That's all over, though. He opened the locket and saw the high school picture of the two of us. I'm surprised that he hasn't asked Myungsoo about it. I don't know how to answer Sunggyu. Am I supposed to say that I'm the one who caused his memory loss? If I told him then he would hate me forever. He would just avoid me like before. I don't want that. I hate that feeling of being alone.

Is this how you felt Sunggyu? When I left you alone to hang out with Sungyeol, is this how you felt? Alone to the point where you are choking on air? I-I don't want you to hate me, but it's inevitable. No matter what, it seems like we are just going to be in this grey world.

I lifted up my face to see him sitting against the the car. The director cued to film, and then everything started. It all went to quickly. It was as if bullets hit the car making debree fly around. Then there were some more, and Sunggyu's head flew back. It didn't seem like he hit the car, but I couldn't help but worry. It wasn't until a few more minutes they were done. When the director told him a good job, he didn't move. I started to panic as he was clutching onto his head. On instinct my body moved on its own to Sunggyu. He was shaking badly. I quickly took his arms from his head and held them in mine.

" Sunggyu! Can you hear my voice?! Sunggyu!" Slowly, his head lifted. My eyes widened as tears were falling down his face. I was about to wipe them away, but he stopped me. Our eyes met, but his seem so empty. 

" W-Woohyun. You... Y-You..."

" Y-Yes?"

" You were the one who... H-How could you... You pu-" Then he went limp. He fell into my arms, and I quickly lifted him up. I ran to the back room and placed him on the couch.

" Sunggyu-hyung!" Everybody started to crowd around us. I had to push them away so he could get some air. I turned around and pushed everybody out.

" You guys have to finish filming. Dongwoo-hyung, Hoya, and Sungjong still have to finish. Now go!" I slammed the door right in their face and went back to Sunggyu.

He was breathing evenly which is good. Nothing seemed off. I wonder what happened. Did something hit his head? I don't see anything, though. I sighed as I couldnt figure out as to what happened. I carefully lifted his head, sat down, and placed his head on my lap. My hand brushed away the degree on his forehead. Then I started to sing a short part of a song to him. It's one of our songs from our first album.

 

Baby just can’t let you go
Even if I have everything, without you by my side
Everything will collapse
just can’t let you go
Even if I fall from exhaustion, if you become my wings
I can fly high into the sky

 

Sunggyu stirred but didn't wake up. I caressed his rosy cheeks down to his slim, pink lips. My thumb just grazed over it, but I got a shock throughout my whole body. It's been a while since I have had that feeling. I remember getting the same feeling when I kissed Sungyeol, but I also remember that it slowly faded away. It completely disappeared when Sungyeol's memories came back too. Now, though, I'm feeling this way to Sunggyu.
 


I can’t turn back the time, but give me one more chance
I can’t turn back the time, but turn back to me just once
You’re not at my side
My love right now is a red sign
Even my rain of tears has stopped
My hands that used to fit so well with yours
They’re above my knees now
I pray every night
I don’t want to believe in tomorrow

 

" W-Woohyun?"

" Sunggyu-hyung! You finally woke up!" He lifted his head from my lap. I pulled him into a hug, and his body stiffened. I don't know why though.

" Woo-"

" You scared me! I thought something bad happened," I pulled away from him, " Are you feeling okay now?" I searched in his eyes for answer, but they were empty like before. It scares me how empty looking they are.

" I'm okay. Where are the others?"

" They are out filming for the rest of the music video. Don't worry about yours, though! You finished yours already." He looked at me, but then turned his head away.

" Oh... Okay. I guess I'm going to go watch then."

Sunggyu stood up and walked away. I felt the warmth leave, and this sudden coldness surrounded my whole body. It wasn't like I was shivering, but it hit my heart. It was as if the cold Sunggyu came back. That is the one thing I fear. The one thing I don't want to happen.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------

 

It's 9 PM and we just got home from filming. Now that is over, we can focus on the live performance. The whole time after the incident, Sunggyu hasn't said one word. He would give me the cold shoulder and avoid me. It was like I was the plague or something. Also he seemed out of it again. No life came back into his eyes after that. It really bothered me. I wanted to ask Sunggyu but he kept on avoiding me. What are we going to do now that we are home? We share the same room! He can't avoid me forever!

" Woohyun, you can go take a shower now." I looked up to see Sunggyu with a towel wrapped around his waist with water dripping down his body. My body started to feel very hot and I quickly grabbed my boxers, towel, and ran out of there. I went into the bathroom and shut the door. I had to take a few deep breaths to calm down my body.

W-What was that? I-I couldn't have...right?

 

Sunggyu's POV:

 

I put on some clothes to sleep in and laid down in my bed. I put on my headphones and turn the music on. When Woohyun came back, I didn't want to face him. Not like this. I need time to think, and I have to think fast. My problems can't be interfering with Infinite's promotions. Before we go to the live performances, I have to solve this problem myself. Even if it does hurt one of us or both. I'm listening to one of Infinite's older songs that I really like. Sadly, it fits in the situation I'm in right now.

 

Can I ever forget you
Can I get through this alone
Am I strong enough to endure this
and not put my fallen tears to waste
Can I try to smile
It will take as long as the time that’s already passed

The memories are still piercing through me
with sympathetic eyes
My body is still thrashing in agony
Maybe I can’t do it
I can’t let you go

I wonder if your mind is the same as mine
I wonder if you’re hurting alone
I must still be worrying about you
I wonder if I’ve been erased from your mind
Erased forever
Should I just go and be erased forever?
Honestly, I think that’s what I’m afraid of more than saying goodbye

 

 

Woohyun, why do you have to make things so hard for me? Please, just let me go. I don't want to be confused anymore.

 

 

 

(A/N: Hey everybody! I finally updated! Now break is practically over it means less updates. Updates will mostly be on the weekends now. *sigh* But I will do my best to make you guys happy! Anyways, I wonder what happened to Sunggyu? I will leave you guys to wonder about it. Thanks for reading, suscribing, and commenting! Until next time! P.S.- sorry if there are any mistakes. I'm not going to proofread it since it's like really late. Sorry!)