Number 1

10 Things to avoid in kpop fanfiction!

Problem: Bridal style

Examples:

" He carried him upstairs bridal style " 

" He picked him up bridal style "

" He carried him bridal style to the bed "

" He carried the passed out boy bridal style and ran towards the hospital"


And beware of " princess style " which is bridal style in disguise.

Why is this a problem?
 

First of all, it's a fanfiction why should anyone of them be carried like a bride? none of them are females and won't ever be able to becoma a bride. You carry your bride "bridal style" while posing for your wedding picture, so that her won't be shown. Males usually don't wear either skirts, or dresses so this is a totaly unnecessary way to describe how one of them is being carried.

Sure, a boy can wear skirts and what so ever but that's not the main issue here.

To carry someone bridal style might sound romantic at first, but it's not. One of the boys will look like and sometimes sadly enough act like a girl, while being carried in this pose. And the main thing about boys love stories is that it's about two boys, not about a guy and a girl which almost all other movies, tv-dramas, books and things in real life are focused on. So by implying that one of the boys should be like a girl, the whole boys love theme in the story becomes pointless.
 

These are some of the things that makes "bridal style" a problem, I will tell you the main reason why this is such a stupid expression for how to carry another person.

Imagine that you're reading a very serious scene in a fanfiction, and it's obvious how much hard work the author have put on this scene and you're really feeling like you are there and watching the scene right in front of you since everything is so neatly described. The main character is hurt and his crush must take him to the hospital, it's really beautiful and in the middle of everything these words appear, bridal style.

"He picked him up bridal style and ran towards the hospital"

This word sounds like something used in a more comic context, the expression bridal style is really difficult to take seriously and the whole scene in the fanfiction is ruined. 

Piggy back ride, is a way more intimate way for two people to carry eachother, but it's the same reason why this words are not suitable for this. Both bridal style  and piggy back ride sounds ridiculous.

When ever I see   " carried him bridal-style to the bed" when I know there's a scene ahead...talk about a turn off.

Bridal style is the way Shaggy and Scooby Doo carry eachother, it's not romantic at all.

How do I avoid this?

Piggy back ride and bridal style are words that are easy to use to describe things. Instead of taking the easy way out by using these terrible expressions, try to improve your writing abilities by explaining how the other person is carried instead.

For example the piggy back ride, while making someone climb up onto your back some specific body parts might collide, for example accidentaly touching the other person's . If it's a more angsty scene and the lover's are unaware of the others feelings this could be a important scene that would just slip by if you used the words piggy back ride or bridal style. Since when you have to explain in a smooth way what happens some golden moments might pop up that you didn't think of before!

And keep in mind that if you're aiming for a more serious type of fanfiction, these type of words might be good to avoid, since it might ruin the mood.