Three years later

Just the way you are

 

 

Chapter thirty-one:

[THREE YEARS LATER…]

Seohyun’s POV:

“Congragulations, the graduating class of Incheon University!” Our headmaster shouted.

My friends and I threw up our graduating caps into the sky happily, giving one another hugs. Tears were streaming down my face as I gave all my classmates big hugs.

Those two years in Incheon University had been amazing. I had made many new friends there, and we were extremely close, almost as close as my relationship with Yoona and Dongwoon back then.

Speaking of which, I had to call them, immediately.

“CONGRATULATIONS!” Yoona shrieked as she picked up the phone.
“You too! I can’t believe we’re graduating!” I grinned. “I can’t wait to get back to Seoul, to visit you guys again!”

“I know! We’ve missed you loads! I can’t believe we haven’t seen each other in two years already! We NEED to catch up! I have SO MUCH TO TELL YOU! Oh, go away, Woonie! I’m talking to Seohyun here! Stop trying to snatch the phone away from me!” Yoona was complaining.

“It’s okay, Yoongie. Let me talk to oppa!” I laughed. “I want to congratulate him too!”

“HYUN!” I could hear Dongwoon hollering over the phone. “CONGRATULATIONS FOR GRADUATING! YOU’RE COMING BACK TO VISIT? FINALLY? I MISSED YOU SO MUCH! When are you coming back?”

“Probably next week! Don’t worry! You guys will be the first people I’ll find when I’m back! Apart from my family, of course!”

“That’s awesome, Hyun! We missed you so much! Oh wait! Got to go! Principle’s giving his speech now! Catch up with you next week! Can’t wait!” Dongwoon hung up.

That’s right. It’s been three years since I left Seoul.

Which meant that I hadn’t seen, or even heard about Yoseob for three whole years.

It was tough at first. Really tough.

I couldn’t get him out of my mind. I couldn’t stop thinking of him, 24/7. I even dreamt about him almost every night. Everything reminded me of him. There were even a few times where I hallucinated about him, seeing him everywhere I went.

But I got over it. It took me about half a year.

I wonder how he did for his end-of-year examinations…Did he do well? Could he survive without my tuition sessions with him?

Are he and Eunna a couple now? How was he doing?

Is he happy? Does he still remember me? Probably not. Even if he were to remember me, he’d probably remember me as the cruel, underhanded girl.

Aishh! Today’s your happy day, Seohyun! Stop thinking about Yang Yoseob already! He’s moved on! And so should you!

In Incheon University, many boys confessed to me.

But I rejected them all.

I didn’t know why, they were all great guys.

But they just weren’t…Yoseob.

Sure, they treated me well, and made me laugh.

But they didn’t make my heart flutter the way Yoseob did.

Even as I thought about him, I could feel my heartbeat quicken.

You’re officially an adult now, Seohyun! It’s time you started considering options! You have to get married soon, for goodness sake! You can’t just keep pining onto that Yang Yoseob! You have to let go of the past and move on!

When I go back to Seoul next week, I will NOT visit Yang Yoseob.

I will NOT.

I can do it.

But…I really wonder how he’s doing…

 

Yoseob’s POV:

It had been three years.

Three years since Seohyun left Seoul.

She never came back, not once.

Even until now, I could not go a day without thinking of her.

I wonder how she’s doing?

Is she okay, living on her own?

How did she do for her examinations? She probably topped the school, as usual.

As for me, I did exceptionally well. I managed to snag the tenth position in the level.

And it was all thanks to her.

She was the one who made me interested in studying in the first place.

Without her, who knows where I would be now?

I wonder if she has a boyfriend now…

She probably did. After all, she had decided to forget all about me. I wouldn’t be surprised if she did.

As for me, after Seohyun left, I managed to clear her name in front of the whole school.

And as for Eunna, I never talked to her again. I wanted nothing to do with her. She was despicable.

Girls continued to swarm around me, especially after realizing that I was single, but I never accepted any of them.

Yes. I remained single for the past three years.

I couldn’t date anyone else. They didn’t make me get excited when I saw them.

They didn’t make my heart flutter.

They weren’t Seohyun.

I missed her so much.

How I longed to see that smile just one more time.

It had been so long, but I still remembered that breathtaking smile so clearly.

The last time I saw that smile was a long, long time ago.

And that laugh.

And those soft lips…

If I could kiss those lips just one more time, I would die without any regrets.

 

I remembered the last words I said to her.

Stop it, Seohyun. Let’s just end this quickly. From today onwards, we don’t know each other. You live your own life, while I live mine. Goodbye, Seohyun.

 

And now we were. We were living separate lives now.

If I could rewind time, I would never have doubted her.

She would probably still be in Seoul now, and we would probably still be together.

If I had one chance, just one more chance to see Seohyun, I would fight for her heart back.

But I doubt that I ever would.

 

Also, a month after Seohyun had left, I was determined to start a new life and so I auditioned with the other guys for CUBE entertainment.

To our surprise, we actually got in. From then on, I had been spending all my time either studying for finals or training. It was tough trying to balance schoolwork and training, but it helped take my mind off Seohyun a little.

 

After training for two and a half years with the rest of the guys, we finally debuted a few months ago as ‘BEAST’, or ‘B2ST’, with our hit song ‘Bad Girl’.

If only Seohyun was here.

She’d be so proud of me.

 

Anyway, after graduation, I headed back to the Cube entertainment building for training. We were preparing for our new album, “Shock of the new era”, and were extremely busy.

 

“Yoseob ah,” The CEO approached me as I entered the building.

“Hey President Hong!” I greeted him, giving him a big hug.

“Next week, I’ve arranged you to be on a talk show.” He patted my back fondly. President Hong was like a second father to me. He cared about me, a loved me as though I was his son.

“Jinjia?” I asked, surprised. “You really think I’m ready for it?”

“I know it.” President Hong looked at me proudly. “You’re ready for this. They want you to sing up there too, so prepare your most confident song, okay? Good luck! I know you can do this! Hwaiting!”
“I will! Thank you so much for giving me this opportunity!” I smiled. I couldn’t believe my luck. Only the most famous celebrities were invited to that talk show.  

I headed straight to the practice room and started to make preparations right away.

---------------------

HELLO EVERYONE :D

Sorry for the long wait (4days?) but I really wanted you guys to be in suspense before this chapter :D

so...how is it?

Commentcommentcomment please :D

AND THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE BIRTHDAY WISHES! I never had so many comments for a chapter before kekeke :D Actually, this story has ALOT of comments O.O I really didn't expect my subscribers to be so loyallll <3 <3 <3 omgomgomg i reallyreally am thankful and love you all so much <3

Don't worry, i'll have the next one up in 2-3 days so wait for me! (: