You're kidding me, right?

Just the way you are

 

Chapter three:

Seohyun’s POV:

Sure enough, we arrived at our new apartment by six.

I entered our new apartment.

It was gorgeous.

The floors were made of pure white marble, and the walls were painted cream.

I entered my room.

Oh. My. Gosh.

It was HUGE.

Really huge

I could fit a huge closet, a study table, a bed, a television and cushions in here!

The delivery men were helping to move our furniture into our new house when the doorbell rang.

I went to pick it up. There was a middle-aged woman standing outside our door. She was smiling at me warmly.

“Annyeonghasaeo,” she beamed. “I’m Mrs. Yang, your new neighbor! I just came here to welcome you to your new house, and to invite your family over for dinner at our house at 7pm.”

“Oh, kamsamida!” I bowed at the nice lady. I was really glad to have such a warm and friendly neighbor like her.

“I hear you’re a first year at JooHae University, right?”

“Ne” I nodded.

“Well, my son is a first year studying there too! You’ll get to see him later! Can’t wait!” She beamed and walked over to her house.

Wow. My neighbor was a first year at JooHae University too?

What a coincidence.

It was awesome! I could make a new friend at that school!
I smiled and started to wash up, preparing for the dinner at my neighbors’ place.

 

Yoseob’s POV:

“Yoseob ah!” My mother called out. “We have new neighbors! I invited them over for dinner at seven, so do make yourself look presentable! And guess what? Our neighbors have a daughter your age, studying at JooHae University too! What a coincidence! She’s such a sweet and pleasant girl, I’m sure you two will become good friends!”

“Araso, umma.” I started to wash up.

Hmm…a girl my age studying at JooHae University? Oh great. Just what I needed. Another pathetic fangirl as my neighbor. She was probably going to come over for dinner, recognize me and start stalking me from today onwards.

Great.

I couldn’t deal with these things now.

I was still shocked by what that Seohyun girl did to me earlier during recess.

I couldn’t believe she smashed that ice cream onto my face.

No one, especially a girl, has ever dared to do these sort of things to me, Yang Yoseob, before.

That girl was something…

After washing up and getting dressed, I heard the doorbell ring.

Oh great. Our new neighbors.

“Annyeonghasaeo!” I could hear my parents greeting our new neighbors.

“Yoseob ah! Come down here!” My mother called for me.

This was it.

I would walk down, my neighbor would recognize me and would start spazzing over me.

Not something you haven’t had to handle before.

I walked down.

Oh.

My.

Gosh.

Standing at the door, looking gorgeous in a strapless pink dress, was Seo Joo Hyun.

The one that threw ice cream on my face today.

WAIT.

SHE was my new neighbor?

Of all the girls at JooHae University, my new neighbor had to be someone who hated me to the core?

Oh great.

She looked up at me, her eyes widened and she gasped.

“Y-You…you…” I pointed at her.

“Oh! You two know each other?” My mother asked, confused.

“NO!” Seohyun immediately shouted. “I mean, no.” She answered nervously. “Never seen him before. Nope. Never even heard of him.”

She was a horrible liar.

“Oh,” My mom smiled, buying her story. “This is my son, Yang Yoseob. He’s also a first year at JooHae University! Yoseob, greet our guests.”
“Oh! Kamsamida, Yang Yoseob inmida. It’s nice to meet you!” I bowed at our neighbors, smiling at them.
“What a pleasant boy! Beautiful manners!” My mother smiled at Yoseob. I saw Seohyun make a face. Why that girl…

“You should see his results! Terrible!” My mother complained.

Hey! How could she badmouth her own son like that?

I saw Seohyun giggle. This was the first time I saw her laugh. When she laughed, her entire face lights up, making her look irresistibly adorable.

Too bad when she was near me, she only knew how to scowl.

We headed towards the dining table. My mom made me sit beside Seohyun.

Oh great.

I could see the reluctance in her eyes as she sat down beside me unwillingly, moving her chair slightly further away from me.

“So,” My mother said, smiling at Seohyun. “Seohyun ah, how are your results?”
Oh no, I could sense something really bad coming out from this.

“Oh!” She blushed. “They’re okay…I guess?”

Okay? She was the freaking top scholar for our level in secondary school four years in a row!

“Don’t be modest! I’m sure they’re great! Better than Yoseob’s one, at least.” My mother rolled her eyes playfully.

I knew it.

She HAD to compare Seohyun to me.

UGHHHHH

How I wanted to disappear from the table.

“Come on, I’m sure his results aren’t too bad!” Thank goodness for Seohyun’s father. “He couldn’t have gone into the school otherwise!”

“He almost didn’t make it! To be honest, I’m pretty worried. His results…”

My mother was droning on and on about my poor academic results. I tried to drown out her voice.

“Hey! I know! What if our Seohyun could tutor Yoseob?” I heard Seohyun’s mother suggest.

WAIT.

WHAT?

 

Seohyun’s POV:

Dinner was really entertaining at the Yang’s.

Call me a saddist, but I really loved to her Yoseob’s mother complain about his academic results.

It gave me satisfaction to see him get humiliated for a change.

Then my mother had to in.

“Hey! I know! What if our Seohyun could tutor Yoseob?” She suggested.

NO. WAY.

NO FREAKING WAY.

There was nothing that could make me tutor Yang Yoseob. NOTHING

Are you kidding me? After all he’s done for me, YOU EXPECT ME TO HELP HIM? I’m doing him a huge favour by not getting revenge already! BUT THERE WAS NO WAY I WAS GOING TO HELP HIM!

“No! We couldn’t! It’s so troublesome for Seohyun!” Thank goodness for Yoseob’s mother. She probably just saved my life.

“Oh! It’s no trouble at all, right Hyun?” My mother gave me the death glare.

“I’d love to,” I lied. “But I’m pretty busy every day, you know, with work and stuff…”

“Don’t be silly! You’re free every night! You get all your homework done in school, and you always complain about not having anything to do at night! You could go over to Yoseob’s house to tutor him every evening after school!”

Mom, are you trying to RUIN MY LIFE?

“Seohyun ah, would you mind? Because it would really help our Yoseob!” Yoseob’s mother looked at me with her kind eyes.

She had been so warm, so welcoming to my family. She had been so nice to us, making us dinner on our first day.

How could I say no?

How could I refuse to help her?

I had to.

No matter how much it killed me.

Before I knew what I was doing, I shook my head.

“I don’t mind. It’d be no trouble at all.” I smiled brightly.

“OH REALLY?” Yoseob’s mother beamed. “THANK YOU SO MUCH, SEOHYUN! I really appreciate it! Yoseob, what are you doing? Thank her now!”

Yoseob turned to look at me. I couldn’t read his expression.

“Umm…thank you.”

“No problem.” I replied, avoiding eye contact with him, as usual.

“Hyun ah, you can start tomorrow. After dinner, go to Yoseob’s house and tutor him, okay?” My mother smiled at me.

I nodded.

What have I gotten myself into?

------------------

Nothing much to comment about this chapter, except that this chapter is the beginning of everything that's going to happen between the two (:

Kamsamida for commenting and subscribing, as usual (:

Love you guys :D