Stalking

pinkishribbon's one-shot collections

 

Stalking

Pairing(s): Jeti
A/N: Meet our Mrs. Stalker.


 

There she is again. At the same place, everyday. It had been her routine to simply stop by the botanical garden her school owned. She would always slow down her pace or pretended like she was reading something so she could halt on her track for a moment. She did it all every time she traveled past the garden, to catch a glimpse of a girl she was dying to see.

I don't know if you can fall in love by just seeing someone everyday, but that's what happen to Tiffany.

To find this certain girl was no difficult, as she possessed a quite tall body—at least same height as her—and unmistakably shiny brunette hair that she sometimes tied up in a loose bun. The way she tucked in her hair behind her ear intrigued her for the first time, and that's her favorite ever since. Her endearing voice was like a broken record in her head. There was one time when Tiffany encouraged herself to greet her. With a help of a friend, Sooyoung, she walked in just to say hello to Jessica. But it didn’t go smoothly. Basically all she wanted to do was introducing herself; Tiffany was a transferred student from overseas. She had been student there for only two months. She gotta admit that the first few weeks was tough and hard, for she had to adapt with new environment and friends. Well, for friends matter it was quite easy, since she could mingle and blend in easily with everyone in school. She wasn’t called social butterfly for nothing.


Tiffany smiled bitterly as the ringing bell snapped her out of her reverie. Her lunch break that somehow had turned into stalking crush session of some sort ended like it only lasted for 5 seconds. Actually it was close to it because she was given an additional lecture for 15 minutes and it was like a half of her lunch break. Not only that, but also her friends that asked her to finish a report because the due date was tomorrow. Hence she was late.

Tiffany didn't complain though, she was content for every opportunities fate let her see Jessica.

Yeah, Jessica.

Her crush. Her eye candy. The one that being talked for 365 words.


She dragged her feet away from the bench that became her usual spot ever since. She took one last glance toward her—Jessica. She liked it every time she landed her eyes on her, her stomach tickled. She started grinning madly, making her way through small path beside the huge botanical garden. Her steps became heavy and it came to a full stop when she watched Jessica stood up with her back facing her. Only four steps away and she could touch her.


'Okay, this is my chance,' Tiffany thought. 'It's now or never.'

'But how? What to say?'

'Should I just go to her and say ‘hello you have a really nice hair and an alluring smile, can we be close friend?'

' it she'll think i'm some kind of freak. And she'll not wanna talk to me for the rest of my life.'

'Oh God why am I so nervous when it comes to her?'

'Or should I ask about what does she do everyday in there? I mean, come on, It's so suspicious I've been wondering if she's aual and love plants more than she should.'

'Ok my mind is ed up right now I'm starting to think random things.'


Too busy thinking (inappropriately) of way to approach her, Tiffany didn't realize that she accidentally nudged a flower pot beside her as she stepped backward. Jessica abruptly turned around and gasped at the sight before her.

"Oh my- are you okay?"

Jessica dashed to Tiffany who froze on spot. She bent down and picked up the broken pot.

"No! Your hands might bleed!"

Tiffany grabbed her hands, she got down on her knee. Jessica was startled by her action. Their eyes locked for a moment and Tiffany's hands were still holding her hands.

"Ouch.." Jessica winced.

"Ah I'm sorry did I grip your hands too.. tight?" Tiffany stammered. ' you self, thanks for stuttering.'

"Yeah.." Jessica replied with a quick smile.

"I didn't mean it." And Tiffany finally let go her hands. "I'm so sorry I'll clean up this mess."

"Nah, don't worry I'll do it. Besides, the bell rang like 8 mins ago, shouldn't you be in class now?" Jessica collected the pieces of broken pot and put it in trash bin nearby.

"I- I don't have any class after the break today." Tiffany answered truthfully. She looked awkward as hell.

"Really?" Jessica demanded, only to receive a small nod from Tiffany.


"Then, are you free from class after lunch break everyday? Because I always see you outside the botanical garden."


'Dang. She knew it. SHE KNEW I'M ALWAYS STALKING HER.' Tiffany freaked out, but remained calm on the outside.

'Wait, that means she sees me too?'

'JESSICA YOU ALSO STALK ME ISN'T IT?'


"How.. Did.. You.."

"My friend told me." Jessica said, and it let Tiffany down a bit, but trust me just a bit. "It was long time ago. At first I didn't believe my friend, but I decided to prove whether its true or not. Since that, yes, I always find you there; standing near the botanical garden doing nothing or sitting on bench and pretend to read some books. I really want to come up to you, but I feel it's unnecessary." Jessica continued.

"Why?"

"Maybe if I approach you, you'll be brave enough to come to me and stop looking at me from afar. Not that I hate you to approach me, but I enjoy that kind of company you've been giving me, you make me feel like someone is protecting me. I like it, really. Until..."

"Until what?"

"Until it bothers me a lot. It worries me if you don't come or late." Jessica explained.

Tiffany was taken aback. She didn't do anything except to process everything Jessica been telling her just a moment ago.

"Huh?"

"Don't you get it?" Jessica shook her head and sighed. "Nevermind."

Jessica turned around and was about to leave when a pair of hands pulled her into a hug from behind.

"I'm not letting you go. No, not when I know you also like me, or at least the way I watch you from far away." Tiffany chuckled.

"You know what? I think I regret my decision to not come up to you earlier." Jessica tilted her head to see Tiffany, who sneaked her arms around her waist.


Soon, they both fell into silence. Tiffany couldn't stop smiling, relishing every second passed. She breathed in the scent of her hair, pulling Jessica closer. "I thought it’d only happen in my dream if I could hold you this close, Jessica." Tiffany said, burying her face on her shoulder.


"Wait!!" Jessica launched forward, breaking the hug they shared.

"I don't even know your name! We should introduce ourselves first!"

Tiffany could only laugh and nod, seeing how cute Jessica was being.


"I'm Tiffany from class C. It's my pleasure to meet you." Tiffany extended her right hand and gave Jessica a wit smile. Jessica welcomed her hand with a big grin plastered on her face.

"I'm Jessica and I'm from class A."

They shook hands and laughed at their silliness.