Do You Mind?

pinkishribbon's one-shot collections

 

Do You Mind?
Pairing(s): Jeti
A/N: Jessica is such a tease. Cheesy, actually.


 

 

I walked down my locker to drop my binder before I went to the cafeteria to eat. I would occasionally greet people as I made my way toward my locker, but today was exception. I saw that annoying girl went out from woman's restroom, turning right on the corridor intersection. I bet she didn't see me, because if she did, she'd show me her teasing smirk. I realized she and I were walking toward the same direction. I distanced myself from her not too far behind as I carefully watched her. She posessed a small and thin body. Her height nearly reached me, or we could say we had the same height. Her brunette hair was messed up, tied up in a sloppy bun. I also noticed that aviator glasses she liked to wear in campus. As much as I liked the design, I prefer looking at her dark brown eyes that glistening even when it was covered by the dark frame. I had seen it once, when she bumped me earlier this morning.
 
I frowned as the accident replayed in my mind. 
 
 
I hurriedly ran my way for my class upon realizing that I was late. Had I previously known that watching movies until late midnight would only bring disaster; and late to my 8 am class it was. I hugged tightly the only thing I had for class. It was a simple pink binder with small blue ribbon attached on the cover. I slowed down my pace when I finally reached the classroom. Having a hard time to breathe after dashing from my dorm, I took some time to catch my breathe in front of the door. I could see the class was about to begin from the tiny window on the door, and I heaved a relieved sigh. I was fixing my messy bangs when someone suddenly bumped me from behind. My face met with the dark wooden door. God It hurts.
 
"Watch your step, !" I bellowed, caressing my nose.
 
"Uh, sorry."
 
I didn't really care who bumped me, all I care was my injured nose. It hit the door quite hard It felt like bleeding. I grunted under my breath as I sent daggers to that person. Exasperation doubled when the culprit who just made my nose red like cherry just walked past me casually. I just realized it was a girl. It was the new girl who was transferred from Arizona to here. I catched a glimpse of her eyes behind her shades. She got a very beautiful eyes there. We made a slight eye contact when she proceed to go inside the class. She coolly strut inside the class, looking for a vacant seat on the back row. I watched at her with awe, all she could do was just saying sorry and then nonchalantly go like that?
 
"Miss Hwang, are you gonna stand in front of the door like that the whole time?"
 
My attention was diverted from that annoying girl to the source of the voice. It was my lecturer, he had his arms crossed while leaning against his desk in the middle of the room. Everyone laughed. I clenched my teeth when I saw that annoying girl giggled along.
 
 
 
"Are you done gawking at me?"
 
Her question snapped me back to reality, her tone fulfilled with sarcasm. Did she just accuse me for gawking at her?
 
"I'm not gawking at you."
 
Why did suddenly I become anxious? I should be nagging at her now for her reckless doing, but I didn't do so.
 
"Then what are you doing?"
 
"I'm walking to my locker."
 
I swear I'd punch her in the face if she ever grinned creepily like that again at me. I skipped to my locker that happened to be just three lockers away from hers. She watched me as I hastily opened my locker and put my binder there. I glanced at her and I saw her approaching me. As much as I wanted to run, something inside me told me to just wait for her next action.
 
"I'm sorry I did bump you earlier because I was in hurry and honestly I didn't see you standing there."
 
"Well, it's fine.. only if you did something to help with my nose."
 
"Did I harm your nose?"
 
She advanced closer. Her hand removed her sunglasses and let it hang on her dark grey loose shirt. Now we were just few inches away, her eyes eyeing my nose closely. She cupped my face and examined my nose. She touched the tip of my nose while her brown pool staring back at me. My breathe hitched as our eyes met.
 
"Your nose is fine. At least it's not broken." She smiled cheekily. I found myself lost in her eyes and when she snapped me back, she offered me her extended right arm. "I'm Jessica. Nice to meet you..?"
 
"Ti—Tiffany."
 
Damn you self, why did you stutter? A small smile formed on my lips when her warm hand reached out my hand.
 
"Tiffany ..well it suits you." She glanced at her wrist watch. "Oh I gotta go, see you later, Tiffany."
 
I watched her gracefully turning around, disappearing into a bunch of students away from my place. My jaw dropped.
 
 
"What on earth had just happened?"
 
 
**
 
 
I lazily dragged my feet toward the library. I was gonna finish my papers that due tomorrow. No I'm not a procrastinator, I'm just too clever that I could finish the assignments a day before the deadline. Or maybe it wasn't a good decision at all. I saw her again. Her slim figure had her back against one of the brownish bookshelf; as she held a book with one hand while the other on her left ear. I assumed she just tucked her hair behind her cute ear and left it on it so it'd look seductively attracting. It worked pretty well, but no, not for me.
 
I searched for some books for my references and sources, looking from one aisle to another. As I looked around, I realized that Jessica was missing. I shook my feeling off and tried to stay focus on my purpose of going to the library. I went for empty table to do my homework. The first couple of minutes went well, until someone pulled the chair across me to sit. I didn't mind if I had company, but for this one...
 
 
"Hi, you're Tiffany from earlier right?"
 
I looked up as I could not mistake this voice. It belongs to her; the endearing voice. Hearing her calling my name sounded so right like she had been saying it for her entire life.
 
"Yeah, do you need any help?"
 
"Sort of." She smiled. "I forgot to bring my library card."
 
"So..?"
 
I waited for her answer patiently because she paused for like a very long time before she finished her words. She seemed hesitant. When her tender gaze fell on me, I tightened my grip on my pen. Even her answer got me dumbfoundedly choke on my own saliva.
 
"Can I borrow yours? Because I'd like to check you out."