Da Wei/ Vlad's POV

As the Moon Rises...

I slowly crept out of the cave I've been staying on the moon slowly turns into a big circle. I feel even more thirsted when it's a full moon, so I ran and searched for Kumori and his minions.

"Ah, Vlad, you've arrived. I've been expecting you..." he said as he came near me and smell my disarrayed hair.

"Of course you do master. It's a full moon today."

"Ahahahahaha! You know I do! Now go and clean yourself up. Make sure you look tidy, neat, polished. Get the tastiest and juiciest human being you can find. You know how many we are. Oh, and catch some extra for the gongju. I wanna make her and her family happy."

With that, I bowed and went into the lake for a swim. I stripped my clothes off and jumped into the water. It felt refreshing.

"I may  be controlling time, but there is one thing I can't control.... The appearance of a full moon..." I said to myself as I remember the tragic day when my life changed forever....

FLASHBACK:

"Fùqīn, Mǔqīn, I will be going now to the market to deliver these vegetables before it rots." I said as I began to pack the vegetables in a basket.

"At this late hour?" Fùqīn asked. "What if you ran into some Japanese soldiers?"

"Don't worry baba, I will come home early. And I'll try to avoid running into one."

"How can I refuse when you're using that term of endearment?" he laughed and patted my back. 

I bowed and went out with the basket. After delivering some of them I figured that I have brought too many so I decided to bring it back home.

"Oi! You!" oh no. a japanese soldier saw me.

"What are you doing loitering at this hour? You want me to beat you up?"

I bowed repeatedly and said sorry.

"What do you say we take those vegetables for free and then we'll let you go?" one of his companions suggested.

"I'm sorry but you can't. You see, we're very poor and we can't even harvest enough to feed ourselves..."

The head soldier grabbed me by my hair.

"You dare disobey me? Do you know what will happen to you?"

Realizing that he might kill me, I kicked his crotch and ran away from them, speeding up into somewhere I don't know, looking for a place to hide.

"Well, well, well. You think I wouldn't find you?" he suddenly said, appearing from behind. I gasped. How did he find me when I hid so well?

"Please don't kill me...." I begged.

"Oh I will do a more horrifying thing than that." I slowly saw fangs coming out of his mouth. what the? Are... vampires real?

Before I could think of escaping he grabbed me again by the hair and whispered in my ear.

"I can smell you, you know.... You're going to be my dinner!" he bit me and I screamed in excruciating pain. Before he could drink all the blood left in my body,

I felt his hands loosening up on my hair. He slowly backed away from me and laughed before I completely passed out.

Minutes passed. I woke up to find myself at home.

"Oh Da Wei! You're awake!" mama said as he my back slowly. For some reason, I wanted to get away from them and leave this narrow, suffocating house.

But I figured they're my parents, and I can't think of leaving them, now that I know vampires truly exist.

"What happened?" I said as I try to remember the moments that happened the night before.

"We saw you laying down unconscious outside when we woke up. What happened? Your skin even looked paler now than before." mama said.

I looked at my arm skin, and she was right. It looks paler. Does that mean... I'm.... No Da Wei. Let us not jump to conclusions yet.

"Some group of japanese policemen saw me. They tried to get the left over vegetables that I was about to bring back here. I told them they were not free so they.... "

I don't know what to alibi with. I can't possibly tell them one of the policemen was a vampire and it tried to my blood.

Thankfully he spared some, I'm glad I'm still alive.

"I didn't know what happened next. I think I passed out." I lied.

"Oh, so maybe that's why you were pale... Don't worry and rest for today okay? We will just be the ones to harvest the rice." baba said.

I agreed and lied down. I don't really feel so good either. Whenever I look at them, I feel my mouth water, like I'm craving for something....

"Can I have a glass of water?" I asked. mama passed me a glass and I drink it, but instantly spit it out afterwards.

"Why?" mama asked worriedly.

"I don't like the taste of it.... I want something else to drink...." I said. I slowly stood up, never minding that I wasn't feeling well, and ran outside. I searched something I don't know in the forest, until I found myself catching a live deer. I tried to control what I think my mind was about to do, but I can't. I slowly crushed the deer's neck bones and placed it near my lips.

"Oh please tell me it's not what I think it is..." I said. But still, I felt that fangs were starting to sprout on my mouth, and still, it was painful. Like you're being stabbed a hundred, no, a thousand  times. What happened next was what made me realize something.

"I'm not.... normal.... anymore." I said as I wiped some blood off my lips. I slowly crushed to the ground and cried.

"But if I stay like this, I might harm Fùqīn and Mǔqīn...."

I tried to stay positive for the next couple of weeks, thinking that this will be gone and I will wake up from a torturous nightmare. But everyday, I find myself wanting to drink their blood, and so I resulted to always walking out whenever they tried to speak to me.

"Da Wei, can you tell me what is the problem here?" baba asked one day.

"What problem?" I tried to sound uninterested.

"You are not like this before, Da Wei. It's like you're turning into a bad boy. You always walk out whenever we try to talk to you, and you answer us with indifferent reactions." mama said.

"I'm fine. Don't worry about me." I smiled and pretended that I was fine.

Just then there was a commotion outside. I rushed and saw a wild hyena chasing the villagers and eating the crops. I tried to ran out to stop it, but baba stopped me.

"No Da Wei! You might be in harm!"

"Baba, I have to do this! If I don't we will lose our livelihood!"

I ran without letting him stop me anymore, and after a few minutes I found myself face to face with the hyena. I tried to let my fangs out and bite it, but I thought what if the villagers saw me? They will think I'm a freak and they might not buy vegetables from us anymore. I could see the hyena slowly coming near. I shut my eyes and prepared for it's teeth to sink in to me.

"Da We-!" suddenly, everything was quiet. I opened my eyes and got the shock of my life. The hyena was floating, as if it was about to jump on top of me an bite me, and everyone was frozen! Did I do this? Did I... stopped time?

Weeks, Months, a few years passed. It's been 2 years, and I should be 21 by now, but I still looked like a 19 year old, and everyone was wondering why.

Everyone was starting to think I have been cursed by a shaman, or stepped on a mountain sprite, not knowing the real reason why I wasn't aging. For some reason, I wasn't freaking out much than before. I only freak out when it's a full moon, for I suddenly turn into an uncontrollable beast that I have to leave the house at dawn and come back the next day. Somehow I feel when a full moon is coming, and so I learned to prepare for it. Baba and Mama also said that during daytime, especially when it's hot I suddenly disappear from where I was standing or sitting on. I then concluded that I get invisible when I was hit by sunlight.

At the age of 25 I couldn't take it anymore, because the villagers were freaking out because of me.

"He's already 25 but he looks 19! I know east asians are baby faced, but this is too much. I think you need to see a priest." on of the villagers told my mama.

I couldn't take it anymore that I make them worry. So I left, I left during the famine in our village, not minding if my parents would die of starvation. They'd rather die like that than I myself killing them because of my weird ability.

END OF FLASHBACK.

I found myself on the vast mountains of Gangwon Province, in South Korea. That's where I met Mema and her family, and the leader of our clan of vampires, Kumori. I know Kumori and I and the rest of the clan do bad things, like killing innocent people. But I was waiting for something. The special type of blood that would stop us vampires from innocent human's blood.