Weaknesses

Love Road

 

“You are human and mortal;

we are the sum of our weak moments and our strong.” 

-Mercedes Lackey, The Black Gryphon
 
 
 
 
 
I was a broken soul.
 
No one would understand me, would they?
 
That's what I thought and it's what I still think. 
 
Changmin took me in, I felt so out of place.  
 
His house is huge.  A mansion even.  He's got the most beautiful dogs, expensive too.  He lives with his brother, Yunho.   Changmin assures me Yunho is truly his brother even though they have a different last name.  
 
I've found out many things while staying with Changmin and Yunho.  Changmin is twenty-fours years old.  The guy has a major obsession with expensive food making him seem much younger than he truly is.  It's kind of.. cute to watch.  His face lights up like a kid in a candy store when the maids bring out the dinner.  
 
Oh, yes..  there are maids.  Forty to be exact and thirteen butlers.  There are six cooks, all trained in the world's finest cooking countries.  France and Italy.  They are wonderful cooks.  The food they serve is exceptional, but I can only ever eat a few bites of it each night. 
 
I'm still not used to it in Changmin's house.
 
"You'll get used to it, Hyunchul." Changmin tells me that every night.  
 
He makes sure I make it to my room, he's always so afraid I'll collapse.  I don't see why.  I'm perfectly healthy, even the doctor agreed with me.  My health is great, physical and mental.  
 
Still, that man forces the doctor to come out twice a week to check on me.  So what if I get fevers?  It's happened all my life.  
 
"Sir.. I assure you, he's fine." I look over from my spot on the bed to see Changmin's back towards me and the doctor's exhauseted face.
 
"He keeps getting those fevers! There has to be something wrong with him!" The tall young man yell out to the doctor.  It caused me to flinch, I've never heard Changmin raise his voice before.
 
The doctor shushes Changmin, he realized I was awake, "Sir, he's up.  Best not to frighten him.." 
 
Changmin rushed to my side and felt my forehead.   His eyes had something in them, something I didn't quite understand.
"Why is your fever not going down?" Changmin's eyes filled with some kind of emotion stared at me.  
 
I just shrugged.  
 
Changmin sighed and stood up, he told the doctor he was to come in three days.  No exceptions.  My eyes followed Changmin's back as he walked out of the room.
 
'What was that emotion in his eyes?'  I wondered as the doctor came back over to check me over once more.
 
"Are you going to tell him, Hyunchul-ssi?" he asked me, I was still too focused on the door the other man just walked through.  I heard the doctor sigh then pack his things.  He walked out through the same door, but it didn't mean the same thing to me.  I had no urge to watch him.  
 
"What should I tell Changmin exactly?" I wondered to myself, now completely alone.  "I'm healthy.. I am very healthy.  What is there to tell him, then?"
 
The drugs started to kick in, my eyelids became heavier and breath slowed.  I was falling asleep.  
 
Like everything, I tried to fight it.  What good would it do if I were to fall asleep?  I was trying to think.  I needed to just.. think.  What was I supposed to tell Changmin? 
 
 
 
After I left Hyunchul in his room, I walked back to the living room.  The couch was so uncomfortable yet, I sat there.  My face in my hands.  The boy worried me.  He was always so sick.  
 
It's been a few months since I've taken Hyunchul off the streets.  Yunho says I'm becoming obsessed with the boy, I don't see it.  I just care about him.  How could I not?  He's always just so sick.  So so sick.  I don't understand why he refuses to admit it, also that damn doctor.  He's in on it, too.  That sorry excuse of a doctor, just goes along with him because it's what he wants.  
 
Maybe I should find a new doctor? Oh, what a wonderful thought.  Hyunchul needs a real doctor, not someone who will just agree with him because he gives them puppy eyes.  The best puppy eyes in the world.  Why does the boy have to be so cute without even trying?  Why am I thinking of him as cute?  
 
I ran my hands through my hair, feeling someone sit beside me with a sigh. Yunho.  
"You know.. you like him." he told me patting my back.  
 
I rolled my eyes at my older brother, well, I was adopted but he's still my brother, "In which way are you using 'like'?  Because there are many definitions of the word when used as you have."  I informed him in my usual snarky tone. "There is the friendly like, the frienzoned like, and the elementary like." 
 
He smacked my head. 
 
"Yo, smartass.  You care for him, you're constantly worried about him." he spoke as I rubbed my head. He really needs to learn the words 'be gentle'.  "Oh, and I used the elementary form of the word.  Because you Liiiiiiiiiiike him!" he ran away before I grab him and strangle him.
 
My brother Yunho, is a kind man.
Strong.  
Reliable.  
Perfect.  
Well, close to perfect.  He has one weakness.
 
The name of the weakness is..
 
"JUNG YUNHO! GET YOUR OUT HERE NOW!"
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Kim Jaejoong.