Dancing in Silence

Love Road

Once more, I walk into the emptied dance room.  The studio walls seemed so constricting lately.  I heard footsteps echo through the empty studio, I should be afraid, yet, I can't seem to find that deep in me.  

"You need to eat, Jihwan-ah." 

Turning around, I noticed my hyung coming back from the store, ramen noodles and drinks in his hands.  Even he couldn't smile anymore, his face seemed to be stuck in a scowl forever, "Neh, Hyung.." We both walked to the mirror, sitting our backs against it as we ate in silence. 

Silence... We've become too used to this.  

My eyes wonder to the bag in the corner.  A nice bag, full of clothes and photos.  Obviously belonging to someone with money.  The bag that had been dropped by our hyung when he was shoved into that monster's car by the monster himself.

I remember that day clearly, it was three weeks ago.  We were taking a simple stroll through the city when we noticed a familiar figure getting off the bus, our hyung.  Our beloved hyung who's been missing for so long.  He had that bag in his hands and from our point-of-view, he seemed to have tears streaming down his face.  

As we ran up closer to him, Siwon had pulled up.  Yelling at him and pushing him- hyung dropped that bag.  We ran as fast as we could, but still Siwon had managed to get hyung into the car by shoving him.  Siwon looked back at us with a smirk and quickly reached his side and sped away.  I picked up the bag, yelling after them.  Injun hyung and I, for a second, stared at each other before we broke into a full out sprint after the car.  Siwon wasn't stopping.  

Siwon sped around the corners to escape us, we managed to keep up for a while until he escaped to the interstate.  We lost him. 

I stood up, placing the empty ramen cup on the floor.  Injun was still eating so I danced to the silence.  A silence that beckoned me to keep searching.  Searching for our hyung.  Find the person who gave him this bag.  We had to find the people in the pictures.   I pull out one picture in particular. 

Were these the three people that hyung was living with?  Who were they?  Why can't we find them? Aren't they looking for him too?  Those thoughts ran through my mind as I danced more after putting the photo down.  The one on the left had even more photos together with hyung... didn't he care?