Strangers

Love Road

 

     We sometimes encounter people,
even perfect strangers,
who begin to interest us at first sight,
somehow suddenly,
all at once,
before a word has been spoken.

~Fyodor Dostoevsky

     Sometimes being strong isn't enough.  Sometimes you actually have to actually feel like somebody is standing beside you.  Letting you know, "Hey, It's okay. I'm here." Why is it that so many people are afraid to ask for help?

     Because sometimes.. People just can't help but to feel lonely.  Like no one understands them.  Hell, how could anybody understand them? I sure as hell can't even understand myself. What makes me so selfish to want somebody else to understand me?  What will I gain from it? 
 
 
     So what if some people have it harder than you?  To you, you will always feel like you have the worst.  It's a selfish want.  You want attention.  You don't..need it.  I was always told that.  Even when I was on the streets and begging for money, I was never important enough to get someone's attention.  No matter how hard I tried I just couldn't get someone's.. anyone's attention.  
 
 
     There were days I walked past the church, the church where all those wealthy people would gladly give money to.  I used to stand there on the steps, begging for some amount of money.  Even if it were just coins.  
 
 
     I never got anything.  They would just walk past me with an icy glare, telling me I wasn't important enough.  I used to ask myself, "Can't I just be important?  To anyone? Will anyone care for me?" The answers were still no.
 
 
     While taking a different route, hoping to find someone who would care enough to spare some change, I encountered a man.  A lovely man.  He was tall, with the perfect gorgeous face, he wore nice clothing.  Rich.  He was the kind of person I would just walk past knwoing I would never get anything from them and that's just what I did.  I walked passed him.
 
 
      The man reached out and took my hand in his, a shiver raced through my body just feeling the touch.  My eyes trailed up from his long beautiful fingers, travelling up his arm, crossing over his visible collar bone to the beautiful neck that held up his head that portrayed his otherworldly appearance. 
 
 
"You're young." He told me, I know I am.  No need to tell me, Sir. "You're..so skinny." I heard him say, I just nod along to his words slowly. "Come.. I'll take you somewhere safe."  My head shot up, that was new.  
 
 
      I felt the man pulling me along with him, my feet carried me without realizing it.  Isn't this selfish of me?  I'm letting this man take me with him. 
 
 
"I'm Changmin by the way.  Shim Changmin." He spoke softly as he opened the door to his magnificant car for me. "What's your name?" Changmin asked me as I buckled my seatbelt.
 
 
      I thought if I should answer.  What would happen if I didnt tell him?  He looked rich enough to find out my real name.  My eyes trailed up his body again stopping on his face once more.
 
 
      "Hyunchul.  Park Hyunchul."