Sit With Me

The Howling - Part III: Imprinting

 

A moment after Jongin placed the cookies in front of him, Joonmyun moved the plate to the side table, just the thought of food making him nauseous now. He wrapped his arms back around his legs, leaning forward to rest his chin atop his knees; it wasn't the most comfortable position, but the ache in his back made it harder to think, and he didn't want to think anymore tonight. Sleep would be preferred, but he wasn't sure how easily that would come and if he'd sleep soundly when he did. 
 
He glanced up at the mention of a movie, thinking for a moment before shrugging his shoulders. "You could try, but I'm not sure if it'd help." There was almost no life to his tone, no emotion, but Joonmyun no longer had the energy for it. If he could sleep, he would, but his mind and heart -- his entire body in general -- was still working at a million miles a minute, and it was frustration to the point where he wanted to cry. 
 
Biting his tongue, he tightened his grip on his legs, as if the action would protect him even more, or perhaps make him invisible to the world, even if only for a moment. Then, and idea came to him, something he'd done in the past to keep himself calm when he was too stressed to do anything but scream and curse at the world. It would be an odd suggestion, though, especially after what had happened just a bit ago, but he knew they'd be safe. 
 
So, with a bit of hope in his eyes, he turned to Jongin. "Do you think... we could go out to the gardens in a while and watch the sunset?"

 

Jongin smiled faintly, shaking is head as he imitated Joonmyun's actions and rested his chin on his knees, eyes closing as he breathed in and then out. After a moment, his ribs began to ache from the multitude of blows Yoochun had thrown at him, and he dropped back into a flat position, before he grunted under his breath and rolled off the bed. He was wired, and sore. And there was no way he was going to be able to ing sleep any time soon.
 
After shooting a glance at Joonmyun, forcing something of a smile onto his lips to offer a sort of...what? assurance? That he was okay, before he straightened and stretched his arms over his head. His shoulders and back cracked in about four places, and he huffed a little before turning to look at Joonmyun. 
 
At the question, he tilted his head to one side, then frowned. "I don't think that's... What about the balcony? You'll get a better view, and it'll be more comfortable to sit out in one of the chairs while the sun sets..."

 

Joonmyun flinched when Jongin rolled off the bed, but he was only concerned for a moment before realizing that the boy was okay. He was tough. Then again, he was also stubborn, so he could have been in pain and the elder would know nothing, but he had to trust that Jongin knew his limits and would say something if he really needed help. 
 
The balcony was mentioned after a moment, and he glanced up; Joonmyun had forgotten about that. Jongin was right, but the elder knew the other reason why the boy thought it would be better, what he was likely going to say before he'd stopped himself. It was safer on the balcony, and they wouldn't have to venture out or risk another encounter with Yoochun who was likely still wired and dangerous. 
 
With a nod, Joonmyun shifted, stretching his legs out in front of him as he turned to look at the clock. It was later than he'd first thought, and the sun would be setting in the next forty-five minutes or so. So, he pushed himself off the bed, giving Jongin a half-hearted smiled before shuffling over to where the balcony door was and pulling it open. 
 
"Come sit with me?" he asked, more hope in his eyes this time as he waited for an answer. Joonmyun knew he was safe out on the balcony, but he'd grown to enjoy Jongin's company over the past few days; besides, he was sure that the boy could use some quiet time to unwind after their long day.  

 

Jongin's eyes followed Joonmyun's movements for a long time, before he nodded slowly, the action causing some of his bangs to fall into his features and curtain his eyes from view. For just a moment he hesitated, eyes masked by his hair as he watched the elder's silhouette carefully before he frowned andd moved to the wardrobe. 
 
Things seemed different. It wasn't that the encounter with Yoochun had been a good thing, but maybe... just maybe, it had caused something between the two boys, because all of a sudden Joonmyun was... well, warmer towards him. Not that he hadn't been earlier, but before he'd been less trusting, more withdrawn, more concerned with wanting to find a way home. And now...? It was like Joonmyun was opening up, letting Jongin in.
 
He followed the elder outside, thick puffy blanket in tow since it was getting colder at nights, and he sat it on one of the chairs before he leaned against the railing, a slight smile on his lips as he listened to the sound of the elder's breathing.