Day Off Surprises

Plot Twist

 

You woke up quite peacefully the next morning. Knowing that you had no work or classes on that lovely Saturday morning, you were put to ease by the comforting thought that you could wake up whenever you felt like it. Which is exactly what you did. When your body beckoned you to get up, that’s what you did. You were covered in a mess of sprawled sheets and tangled clothes. You grinned to yourself as you looked at the time. Eleven in the morning, what a great time to wake up at. You could easily have brunch, and use your laptop without feeling any guilt because you were a complete internet addict. Getting up, you grabbed your laptop and meandered into the kitchen, opening the device as you set it on the island. You let it start up, perusing your fridge for anything that could peak your interest for breakfast. When you couldn’t think of any creative recipes to use, you turned to your best online friend. Your blog. It was full of food ideas and recipes that you loved trying on days like this. You perused for a moment, only taking a moment to sidebar and open your email before running back to your blog to find the perfect breakfast pizza bagel idea. You smiled to yourself, ignoring the fact that you had quite a few new emails in your inbox that you had yet to notice.  You pooled together supplies and ingredients, and as you placed your bagels in the oven to broil, you decided it was time to check your email.

Usually you had no emails first thing in the morning; you weren’t much of an email person. If things were needed or you were needed, people knew that they could just text you. You blinked a few times as you saw the number two in the task bar and you had to pull it up right away, one from twitter, and another from the site me2day. The messages were worded differently, but they both conveyed the same message: Kwon Ji Yong, leader of big bang, the G-Dragon, was following you.

When had he even found your accounts?!

You logged in and accepted him anyway, after last night’s experience you would have been stupid not to.  You smiled to yourself as you went and pulled out your broiled pizza bagels, happy with how they looked. The smell of tomato, cheese and oregano filled your kitchen. You smiled to yourself and plated your meal, pouring your tea and sitting yourself at a bar stool. Since twitter had notified you, you figured your phone would have gone off too. Pulling the apple device over to you, you confirmed your suspicions; yes they had notified you twice. But, instagram as well had a notification, which like the others carried the message that xxxibgdrgn was following you on instagram. You sat there for a moment in shock. The famous G-Dragon was following you, on everything you had, after one night of conversation and a lift home?

Clearly you must have left a good impression.

Taking a bite out of your bagel, you contemplated how exactly you could message him and yet not sound too flirtatious or too much like a fangirl. You bit into your delicious breakfast and grinned in satisfaction. Damn you were a good cook.

You contemplated your problem over homemade pizza bagels and tea. Mulling over what exactly were the right words to say and which device to say it on. Quite frankly, you had absolutely no idea, and were honestly quite shocked by the events in general. You knew anything you said would be analyzed by him, and any fan who managed to find your conversation. You had to be completely platonic with this message. You’d figure it out once your food was done, couldn’t let it get cold now could you.

You: @IBGDRGN wah~ you found me! xD we really should talk more, our conversations are fun!

You sent it as is, it was plain and basic and all you needed. It got the point across as well; he didn’t even have to reply. But just in case, you kept your email open because you knew it would message you if he did. You caught your lower lips between your teeth, chewing on it as you stared at the screen for a whole minute, waiting for him to process the message and see if he’d get back to you. You sighed, remembering that he was indeed a famous person, who probably had better things to do than reply to your messages. You stood with your dirtied dishes in hand and walked over to the sink, washing them quickly before you returned them to their rightful places and cabinets. You forgot about your computer once you were done by the fact that you had to go check the mail. It wasn’t imperative, but you had to check the mail.

You slid into a pair of shoes and grabbed your keys, leaving your phone and laptop behind as you quickly ran downstairs and checked your mail. Bills, bills, bills and a holidays card from your mother. Even though you had seen her on Christmas. You grinned and opened the envelope as you greeted a few neighbours, making your way back to the stairs and climbing them as you read your mother’s New Year greeting. You smiled to yourself, chastising her mentally for doing something so silly. You’d have to call her later and tell her over the phone your opinion of her adorable actions.

You trudged back into your apartment, calling out and telling absolutely no one you were home. You didn’t understand why you did that but after year of reading manga and watching anime and dramas, you had just grown accustomed to it. You trotted back over to your computer, looking to see that once again you had an email. You didn’t even bother to opening as you slide your phone open and typed in your key to find a tweet, sitting there and waiting for you.

@IBGDRGN: that would be great! I’d love to!

You grinned to yourself; you had successfully made a new friend! You grinned and sent a reply. He seemed like a great guy and you would love to get to know him better, but those types of conversations were not held over the internet. At least not twitter.

You: @IBGDRGN well, if you’d like, you could always bug the twins for my number? Nothing better to do than text on a day off~

You locked your phone again as you sat down on the barstool, perusing your blog and the blogs you followed.  Your phone vibrated, causing you to jump in your seat. What was actually not even an actual jump felt as if you had gotten 3 feet of air. With your heart beating a mile a minute, you quickly checked your phone.

xxx-xxx-xxxx: hey it’s ji yong

You: hi~ i figured so (: how are you?

GD: awesome! i’m fantastic right now! i get a day off to do whatever i want so life is good. how about you?

You: haha same here! days off!! wooooo (:

GD: woot woot! so what’s the plan for today or are you just chilling at home?

You: that seems to be the plan for now. can’t think of doing much else :/

GD: well, let’s hang out i had a great time yesterday!

You: that’d be awesome! where/when?

GD: anywhere you want.

You: ngl, tempted to not leave the house today, come over? :3

GD: sure, makes it easy to hide from the press too. when?

You: tonight? takeout and chatting?

GD: sure thing, text you when i’m on my way over.

You: hell yes! see you then?

GD: we can’t talk until then?

Your face lit up as you texted him an obvious yes. That’s when you realized, you had a ridiculously messy apartment, and a guest who was going to randomly pop by sometime that night. So much for a relaxing day. This apartment desperately needed some cleaning, or at least your things needed to go into hiding. A sigh escaped your pouty lips as you stood, shutting your laptop and rolling your sleeves. It was time to get to work.

His replies kept coming almost instantly after yours. A picture drew itself in your mind, a lounging Gd, watching TV, or looking at his computer, and his phone going off like crazy because you kept texting him back. But with the rate of speed these incoming texts were arriving, you could almost imagine him sitting next to his phone eagerly awaiting your replies, which took a moment each time due to you attempting to actually clean your house. You ended up sitting on your sofa, debating what to write back after every instantly returned text. Needless to say, nothing much was getting done. After a few hours of lounging and texting, you had to dismiss yourself in order to actually get some work done.

It wasn’t until you were lounging in a bath that you decided to check the time. It was sometime between late afternoon and early evening, the fine line between the two indistinguishable as you floated in a sea of Epsom salts and bubbles. Eyes shut; all that was really left to do with whatever time you had left before your date for the night decided to leave his house. Positive that he was going to text you, you took the time to pamper yourself. Little did you know that he was already on his way, and almost at his destination. Not that you would be expecting him any time soon.

You groaned softly as your cellphone buzzed, catching it and unlocking it to read a few words that would send you into a frenzy.

hey, i’m outside (:

“WHAT!?” You shrieked in panic. Getting out of the tub quickly and draining all the water inside as you frantically searched for a towel. “He said he would text, I swear he said he would text!” You told yourself in shock, wondering why this was happening. You had no time to get ready! You cussed to yourself, knowing you had to text him back eventually. It was quite impolite to leave him out in the cold.

With quick feet, you trotted to your room. Panicked and shaky as you attempted to pick an outfit that would not only look cute, and maybe a little bit y, but you had about five minutes before he was at your door.  Rummaging through your closet, you could feel your heart so close to bursting through your chest as you raced against the clock. Time was not on your side as you heard a faint rapping against your door. You cussed under your breath just before calling out a, “Sorry, give me a second!” Your hand found a familiar fabric, a cute top that failed show off too much skin but still revealed some of your figure. Like a true tease. It would have to do. You threw the shirt on and your hair in a bun as you ran for the door. When your feet had brought you roughly a body’s length away you dug both heels into the ground and came to a sudden stop, almost lurching yourself forward and onto the floor. Quietly taking some calming breaths, you walked to the door and opened it, a bright smile on your face.

“Hey!” 

hi guys! i know it's taken me so long to update but i am so glad that i've managed to come back!

i've actually prepped the next chapter as well so all i need to do is write it.

warning, the next chapter will be rated m ;)

hope you enjoy this chapter and can't wait for the next!

~ alice <3