In the Beginning

Plot Twist

 

You sat on the floor, watching amusedly. It was nice to get away from the stresses in your life in order to sit back and let go. Within the week you had broken three plates at work, been dumped by your boyfriend, and worst of all, you were pretty sure you had failed your most recent assignment for English class. The best part? It was only a Wednesday. What a week. Breaking plates was not really a big deal, albeit embarrassing, it’s a trivial worry. Getting dumped by your cheating boyfriend for one of his floozies hurt, but it was a pain you could live with. It proved how unworthy he was for you. The last straw had been the assignment you were pretty sure you were going to fail. You had called your friends, the Kwon twins, while you were going through a mental breakdown. So they dragged you to their real work as a distraction. They treated you like a princess; thoroughly distract you from what felt like the worst week of your life.
You watched your muscular and y best friends as popped it, locked it and dropped it like it was hot. On multiple occasions you had tried to convince yourself to fall for them, but it just wasn’t happening for you. You smiled to yourself, admiring them like the good fan you were. You thought they were the best, and you enjoyed watching them. Your eyes didn’t move from their bodies and soon you got lost in your own thoughts. As the unfamiliar song died down for the fifth time, the twins bounded over to you happily. Each one decided to take a seat on either side of you.
 
“Hey Olivia,” They chirped together. They were never in sync though, these twins lacked that ever so stereotypical twin synchronicity. 
 
“What? Tired already?” You teased as you weakly back handed the both of them on the arm in a playful manner. “Lazy oppas~” You cooed with a devilish grin.
 
The boys cocked their brows upwards as if you had challenged them. All of you were quite competitive, especially when it came to each other. They could not, would not let you get away with this “lazy” talk. You missed the wordless exchange between them as they planned their next move.
 
“Aish, since I’m so lazy, there should be nothing better to do than cuddle.” Young Deuk said as he pulled you into his lap, and kept holding you as he laid down. Of course you obliged, not that you had much of a choice since he was holding onto you, but you guys were like family. All of a sudden you felt the weight of Young Don as he entrapped you between the muscle clad dancers. Something most girls would dream about. “Olivia sandwich!” He exclaimed as he rolled on top of you. The air left your body through a loud squeal.
 
“Oppa! Get off! You’re so heavy!” You gasped as you tried to kick off Young Don, while your hands pressed against Young Deuk’s chest in an attempt to push off. Neither worked to your benefit; you were stuck.
 
“Ani, take back calling us lazy!”
 
“I can’t! We’re still laying down!”
 
The flaw in their plan in them like a truck. Laying down was not going to make you take back your accusation of laziness. So Young Deuk reached around you and hugged you tightly, pinning your arms to your sides. “Young Don now!” He said quickly. Your face paled as you felt fingers ghost up your sides. That was not fair. Raucous laughter escaped from your lips as the torture refused to stop. “Take it back Olivia!” Young Don laughed as he temporarily paused your torture in order for you to calm down and answer.
 
You paused, letting everything settle down before you pretended to take their demands into consideration. Within five seconds you scrunched up your nose and shook your head. “… Never!” You shouted as you attempted a desperate escape.
 
“Kim Hye June!” Young Deuk squeezed you tighter as he addressed you by full name, stopping your lame attempt at escaping. “Then you must accept your punishment!” The fingers eagerly spidered back to your sides, refusing to stop as you begged and screamed through your laughter and tears for mercy.
 
“Fine!” You gasped, conceding after long last. “I take it back! Just stop!” You begged desperately, only to sigh in relief as you were freed from your torture. You pouted when you sat up, whacking them both. “You guys , get back to work.” You muttered as you rubbed your sides.
 
“I was about to say the same thing. Guys, impromptu meeting. This shouldn’t take too long.” Their choreographer scolded, winking at you. You had befriended most, if not all, of the YG dancers since you worked with them at Se7en’s restaurant. They pretty much ran the place so it was hard not to have worked with most of them. Smiling you let the boys run off with their choreographer as you lay down on the hard ground, finding a comfortable position.
Next thing you knew, you had fallen fast asleep.
 
GD’S POV:
I was walking through the building; it was great to finally be back in Korea, especially since it was just in time for my releasing of the new album. I greeted so many people on my way in, but there was only one person who mattered to me at this point. Olivia Kim. I hadn’t seen her since well before I left for Japan, and now that I was home there was nothing more I wanted than to see her.
 
But that just wasn’t my luck now was it.
 
I walked around the headquarters, waiting for the time when I could go and start filming the countdown to the release of my new album. It was going to be a fun event and everyone would know about it. Especially her. Everything I did right now was for her, for her to notice me and give me some attention. Any attention would be fine so long as it came from her.
 
My feet were dragging, I didn’t care. The others looked at me with such disdain because they knew. They knew I wouldn’t be happy until I saw her again, even if it was two blocks down and all I caught was the tip of one of her hairs, it would make me happy. My world revolved around her in ways I didn’t comprehend and knew were unhealthy. How was this happening to me?
 
My footsteps were growing heavier because I was in turmoil! What was I doing here when I knew I could be running around the city trying to find her? My own self-control astonished me in times like this. How I was able to put my work before my idol was beyond me. Maybe I was still holding onto the idea that maybe, because I was famous, she would somehow notice me.
 
Then I saw a pair of familiar friends, the twins. Despite being good friends with Olivia, I wasn’t going to get my hopes up that they knew her whereabouts. As well, it was weird to ask about her all the time. Just as I was about to open my mouth, I overheard what they were talking about.
 
“… Is it okay to just leave her in the room like that by herself?”
“It’s a dance studio, and all the dancers are in a meeting, what would happen to her?”
“Maybe we should have brought her with us; she’s been having a hard week…”
“She’ll fall asleep knowing her. She can sleep anywhere.”
“And we won’t be too long, right?”
“Right…”
 
My jaw hung loose as my feet came to a screeching stand still. My shoes which one squeaked against the shiny floors of the workplace were silenced. The members shot me a look of warning, as if to say don’t do it. But I couldn’t help myself, my feet moved on their own. Soon enough I was running through the corridors, trying to look into every window to find her. I sprinted past empty dance rooms; I was running so fast that I almost missed her.
 
I saw a blob of something out of the corner of my eye, and if I had not done a double take to check exactly what it was I would have zoomed right past her. My feet quickly spun me around when I confirmed what the blob was and my face and hands pressed up against the glass looking into the dance studio. It was angelic, how her chest bobbed slowly and her face looked so peaceful.
 
I took action; I needed new photos for the collection. Slowly, I crept into the dance studio, leaving my noisy shoes at the door behind me. I felt like a predator closing in on the perfect prey. She looked so defenseless, and here I was the perfect stalker. When I was at her side, I quietly made crouched down next to her, trying to figure out the quietest way to sit down. I didn’t want to wake her because this version of her was too perfect to pass up. I quickly transferred to my stomach, my nose maybe five inches from hers. 
 
I pulled out my phone and snapped the picture of her peacefully sleeping face. This was by far the creepiest photo I had of her, but she was so pretty I couldn’t help myself. I smiled to myself as I snapped a couple more, just in case I looked at one too much and memorized it too well. Once I was done taking pictures, I quickly slipped off my jacket, laying it over her body, just in case it got cold. I pulled my knees into my chest, now sitting in crouched formation. I knew I would have to leave soon, so I was preparing myself to go.  I didn’t want to though.
 
I placed a hand on her hair hesitantly, hoping she wouldn’t wake up and petted it as I whispered into her ear. “Pay attention okay? This is all for you.” My lips were so close to her perfect and flawless skin. I wanted to kiss her all over and keep her locked somewhere as my own. But a light buzzing from my phone pulled me away from doing something dangerous and getting myself discovered. I got up, checking the photos one more time on my phone. Unable to restrain myself, I took a few more and took my leave.
 
YOUR POV:
Your eyes fluttered open to the sound of loud chatter and laughter as the twins re-entered the room. You absentmindedly sat up, rubbing your eyes with your fists like a child would. You had failed to notice the jacket which had fallen into a crumpled mess in your lap. “Welcome back.” You croaked as you looked up groggily at your friends.
 
They smiled and sat down next to you, Young Deuk moving so that you could lean your head on him. “Did you sleep well?” He cooed softly. You were glad how much they respected your inability to wake up. You were not a morning person, hell you weren’t even a wake up person.
 
“Looks like someone came to visit you in dreamland~” Young Don teased as he pointed to the jacket. You looked down into your lap and blinked a few times. There was a jacket that wasn’t yours in your lap. Confusedly and drowsily you turned to your friends, eyeing each of them in your suspicions. Both of them shook their heads. 
 
“It looks like Ji-hyung’s… Maybe you looked cold?” Young Deuk mused as Young Don quickly nodded in agreement. “But he’s too busy at his debut event now, so you can drop it off at the office. We were thinking of bringing you home now.”
 
You nodded drowsily at the idea, liking it because you knew it meant you would be in bed soon enough. With the help of the twins, you were “standing”. Actually, you were swaying. So one of them grabbed your stuff, telling you it was already midnight. Their “quick meeting” ended up lasting two hours and half, and you didn’t even notice. The other twin wrapped his arm around you so you wouldn’t fall face first or first. They had to protect two of your best assets.
 
The guided you to the front counter, where you returned the jacket of the powerful idol and left him a quick sticky note:
 
Dear G-Dragon-ssi,
Thank you for the jacket! It was very warm!
Good luck with your comeback!
Hwaiting~
<3 Olivia