Kimchi or Burritos?

Chanyeol's Epic Fail

 

I don’t know what I’m doing. I can’t.

What does one wear when their super hot Oppa boyfriend Byun Baekhyun decides to bring all of his friends over to your house?

I can’t.

I sit on my bed, watching as Sehun shuffles through my wardrobe for something passable to wear.

“Wow, all your clothes are rubbish, Chanyeol,” he tells me.

“Thanks.”

Sehun is on with whatever Baekhyun’s got planned. He’s already tossed up a stack of kimchi that is lying on our kitchen bench, and a garden salad is sitting in the fridge.

“What about this?”

I smile, perhaps the biggest smile I’ve smiled in the past few weeks. That is the shirt Byun Baekhyun bought for me that’s just been sitting in the back of my wardrobe because I was too scared to wear it.

“OK.”

Sehun chucks the shirt at me and walks out of the room. The doorbell buzzes.

“Just a second,” Sehun yells.

I scowl.

You are shirtless, Chanyeol. Put some clothes on before…

“Chanyeol?”

I turn around.

Oh.

“Uh, hi Baekhyun?”

Byun Baekhyun looks me up and down with a smile. Once his eyes hit my damaged skin low on my waist he pulls the shirt out of my hand and helps me put it on.

“I remember this shirt!” he tells me.

He places a gentle kiss on my cheek, grabs my arm, and drags me out to see the friends he’s got gathered in the living room of my small apartment.

Kai stands, casually leaning on some guy that I have never met before in my life.

“Oh Chanyeol, this is Kyungsoo.”

I nod.

Kris is here too, with short little Chinese boy whose name escapes me. That boy that was gliding. Yeah, him.

Sehun stands in the doorway with his lips firmly attached to Luhan’s neck. Charming.

Hey, you could be like that with Byun Baekhyun.

Sorry, but no. Baekhyun would never do that with me, I mean seriously brain. Are you on something?

The way Baekhyun is undressing you with his eyes says otherwise.

Avoid eye contact, Chanyeol. Avoid eye contact and nobody gets hurt.

Baekhyun’s glorious .

Damn.

Stop thinking Chanyeol.

“Chanyeol?”

“Uh yes?”

Kris gives me a smile and I am stuck staring at his perfect, pearly white teeth and his really quite angular eyebrows.

His partner gives me a small smile and a wave. Later I realise the black-haired guy doesn’t speak much Korean, which is fine because I’m not much conversation to begin with.

Why are all of Byun Baekhyun’s friends like this? All perfect, attractive people that look like they own the place. Well, Kyungsoo aside I suppose sure, they all have this sense of… complacency? Security? They know themselves.

Hey Chanyeol, you know who you are, don’t you?

Well yeah, but-

Then stop talking to me. You’re just as good as they are.

Yes, but my eyebrows aren’t as smug as Kris’ eyebrows.

Your eyebrows aren’t dancing on your face either.

I look at Kris’ face. Surely enough, I imagine little Mexican hats sitting on the top of his angled features, with a little man sitting on his shoulder holding a Spanish guitar singing ‘La Bamba’.



Para bailar la bamba

Para bailar la bamba

Se necesita una poca de gracia

Una poca de gracia pa mi pa ti

Y arriba y arriba

Ay arriba y arriba

Por ti sere, por ti sere, por ti sere

 

Yo no soy marinero

Yo no soy marinero, soy capitan

Soy capitan, soy capitan

 

Bamba, bamba

Bamba, bamba

Bamba, bamba

Bamba


I have the sudden urge to eat burritos.

That would be a waste of Sehun’s marvelous cookery.

“Pfft,” I make strangled sounds as I flail my arms around.

“Chanyeol?”

Oh dear Lord. Do not scrunch up that right eye of yours. Do not.

Too late…

“Why are you laughing, Chanyeol?” Sehun asks as everyone looks at me like I’ve grown a second head.

“Eyebrows!” I respond between a series of shrieks and girly giggles as I point to Kris’ face.

Kris looks at me like he wants to bite my head off, but says nothing. Baekhyun drapes an arm around my shoulder.

“Chanyeol’s a bit different,” Baekhyun explains.

“I can see that,” Kris says in his very deep voice.

“That’s why I love him.”

I smile a massive smile and lean on Baekhyun. Baekhyun stands up on his tiptoes and plants a tiny peck on my lips, pulling me into the kitchen.

I actually never realised he was this short.

Byun Baekhyun picks up the bowl of kimchi and sits it on the dining table that Sehun and I hardly use.

There’s not enough chairs, but people don’t seem to care, just as much as people don’t seem to care about my strange antics.

I feel like I belong.

I feel like I belong as Kris ruffles Chinese guy’s hair, as Sehun and Luhan (not so secretly) smash their lips together after a bit too much to drink, as Kai and Kyungsoo just stare at each other and burst into fits of spontaneous laughter.

But most of all, I feel like I belong as Byun Baekhyun curls his fingers around mine as we all sit and watch Luhan’s favourite movie, Twilight, for the eighty-sixth time.

The kissing still isn’t believable, but Baekhyun’s lips make up for it.

 


A/N: Sorry for the wait guys... I was a little too preoccupied with finishing my Love and Loss Hunhan story, and then I flipped out because I had an idea for another story whilst simultaneously developing some serious writer's block for the Taoris one.

Uh, again sorry! I hope you enjoy this anyhow!

Also, this is the song of Kris' eyebrows!