First Day Of School and First Meeting of L.Joe

My Life: On The Run!

 

Chapter 5

The next day, MinAh was woken up even earlier. Jiyong  told her that school started today, which did not make her happy. After the little blow up with Teen Top yesterday, she stayed out all night just walking around and talking to Kibum. She didn’t fall asleep until 2 in the morning and right now it was 6:30.

MinAh let out a loud groan into her pillow before getting up to get ready. She made sure her uniform was extra nice, just so she wouldn’t cause trouble on the first day, and walked outside. She was greeted, yet again, by a table filled with food with Jiyong waiting patiently at the head.

When Jiyong saw ShinKi, he smiled, hoping that he would eat this morning. “I made breakfast again.”

Jiyong watched as ShinKi gave him the cold stare then grabbed his bag and left. Even though he didn’t eat breakfast, Jiyong still smiled because he remembered placing a little gift in someone’s bag. He ate a plate for himself and placed the other food away. *Have fun today, ShinKi.*

MinAh grabbed out her schedule just to make sure she was going the right way. When she got to her classroom she immediately disliked it, because the first people she saw was CAP and Chunji. CAP saw her walk in and immediately made exaggerated waving motions.

“Hey, ShinKi! Over here!”

“Hyung,” Chunji muttered, “You do realize that we have assigned seat? He doesn’t sit next to you, he sits over there.” Chunji pointed at the window.

MinAh bowed her head and proceeded to her seat while CAP pouted. “But, I wanted to be partners.”

“Pabo hyung.” Chunji rolled his eyes and faced forward.

More kids filed into the room and went to their assigned seat. Almost all of them were looking at MinAh and they were all thinking along the same line of “Why is he wearing a mask?”

Later, the teacher came in and everyone shut up. He looked for ShinKi and called him up.

MinAh inwardly cursed but went up anyway and bowed, but didn’t introduce himself. It didn’t matter, the teacher did that for him. “Everyone, this is Lee ShinKi who got here based on a scholarship. Treat with him respect. Due to some special reason, he is wearing this mask. I don’t want hear an ounce of insult about it, got it?”

The boys all murmured their yes and MinAh went back to sit down. But then the door opened with a loud noise and in came a boy with blond hair and blue high lights.

“There you are L.Joe!” CAP cheered. The said boy smirked and nodded his head. “Hello, hyung.”

“L.Joe, you’re late again.” The teacher scolded. L.Joe shrugged. “What’s it to you?” The teacher opened his mouth but shut it with a disappointed look. He sighed and looked at the seating chart. “You sit next to our new student, Lee ShinKi.”

L.Joe eyebrows rose in surprise as he saw the said person sitting in his seat, looking anywhere but the people around him. He smirked and proceeded to his seat, his eyes never leaving the person. *Wow, just my luck. I think I’m in for an interesting year.*

L.Joe didn’t say anything when he sat down, but his eyes never left MinAh either. MinAh on the other hand, was fully aware of L.Joe’s stare and she didn’t like it one bit. When the teacher called for all attentions, she briefly let out a sight of relief when L.Joe’s attention was diverted. She didn’t take a look at him, nor did she want to.

Half way through the class, she studied on the teacher and the lessons. When the lunch bell rang MinAh placed all her new textbooks in her bag and looked around for her ID. But, instead, she saw a box instead. Curious, she placed it on her desk and observers it. *Who could possible give me this? Unless…*

MinAh opened it and saw a letter on it from Jiyong.

Hello! I hope you enjoy this bento I made for you. You better eat it, I worked really hard on it!

Your Sunbae,

Kwon Jiyong

MinAh scowled behind her mask and was ready to throw it away until Teen Top came up. “Hyung!” Ricky called out as he came running up to her and L.Joe’s desk. “How was your first day of class?”

MinAh shrugged and looked away. Niel smiled then noticed the bento on her desk. “Hyung! Where did you get that from?!”

MinAh looked down at the bento and held it up. Niel pointed to himself. “I can have it?” MinAh nodded and walked out. L.Joe blinked at the cold aura. “Is he always like this?”

Niel immediately opened the bento and wolfed down the food like it was nothing. “Yeah he is. Wow! This bento is so good!”

“Yah!” Chunji scolded. “Slow down or you’ll choke!”

Niel stuck his tongue out but no sooner than he did, he started choking. Chunji patted his back while muttering something along the lines of pabo. Changjo just snickered while L.Joe looked at the retreating figure of ShinKi. Something compelled him to follow ShinKi, so he got up and started walking out. As soon as he exits the classroom, though, he ran straight into Jiyong who was going to follow ShinKi as well.

“Bwoh? What are you doing in the sophomore’s section?” L.Joe asked harshly.

Jiyong glared and dusted himself off of any ‘L.Joe infection.’ “Wae? Am I not allowed to walk here? Besides, why are you addressing me like that? You should be addressing me as ‘sunbae’ not as some unwanted bug.”

“You are an unwanted bug.” L.Joe murmured. “But, if you’re just walking through here then I’ll be on my way … sunbae.”

L.Joe gave him once last look then walked away. Jiyong cursed him mentally and sighed. Then his eyes caught sight of the familiar bento box that was being held inside of Niel’s hand. *Is that … Did that little rascal seriously gave my bento to someone else?*

Jiyong marched over to the Teen Top group and snatched the bento box away. Niel glared at who did that then glared even more when he saw who it was. “What are you doing? Give that back!”

“Yeah, it’s not yours.” CAP warned.

Jiyong gave a small smirk. “Not mines? For your information … It is mines. Did you take this from ShinKi?”

“Ani, ShinKi gave it to me.” Niel answered. “But wait … Are you saying that you made the bento box?”

“Yeah, what’s it to you?” Jiyong nonchalantly answered. “Next time ShinKi offers you a bento box, refuse it.” With that he left.

Niel processed what Jiyong said then he started wiping his tongue and screaming. “EEWW!! I ate … I ate a bento box that was made by Jiyong! I need to get it out of my body or I’ll die! EEWW!!”

Chunji rolled his eyes and slapped Niel in the head, who pouted in return. “What was that for hyung?”

“You’re overreacting here.”

“I am not. You would be acting the same way if you ate it!” Niel started wiping his tongue again until something hit him. “Wait … He did admit that he made the bento box for ShinKi, right?”

“Ne.” Changjo answered. “Which I find surprising. Didn’t Jiyong have the reputation for being a ‘lone wolf’ sort of?”

“Yeah, I mean he’s supposed to be nice, but it isn’t also said that he doesn’t make friends since he’s always focusing on his studies?” Ricky wondered.

They all went into silence for a brief moment until CAP announced, “I’m hungry! Let’s go eat!”

They all agreed and left for the lunch room.

 

MinAh sighed as her stomach growled. *I think it was a bad idea to give that bento away. But that Jiyong guy irritates me! I felt like if I had accepted it, I would be … submitting to him or something. Ugh, what’s wrong with me? Usually I wouldn’t feel this affected by anyone.*

MinAh heard her stomach growl once again. She was in the busy plaza wandering around. A guy suddenly bumped into her and she shot him a ‘cold’ look. The guy bowed and scurried away.

*I’m going to suffocate here!* MinAh rushed through the plaza and out to the pond. There was no one around and it gave off a peaceful vibe. She decided it wouldn’t hurt to just enjoy it for a few moments and sat down by a tree.

She probably would have enjoyed it if it wasn’t for her stomach that was just growling in hunger. All of a sudden, an apple along with a hand appeared out of nowhere. She looked up to see the blond hair boy with blue high lights.

L.Joe had an expressionless handsome face and a hand in his pocket while the other was holding out an apple. MinAh looked at it, wanting to take it, but shook her head and looked the other way. L.Joe shrugged then sat down and started eating it.

“Suit yourself. It’s not healthy to not eat lunch though.” L.Joe said as he took a bite. MinAh could hear every bite he was taking and it took all of her will not to take it right then and there. “Wow, this is a really good apple.”

*Is this guy seriously baiting me to punch him?* MinAh scowled and sneaked a peek at the so called ‘L.Joe.’ He was extremely good looking and he seemed like the type of person who was content with the smallest thing in life.

“I know I’m handsome, but I don’t roll that way.” L.Joe’s words broke through her focused stare. MinAh scrunched up her nose and looked away. *Psh, if you knew I was a girl you probably wouldn’t be saying that.*

“Anyway, here. It’s best for you to eat something. After all, you are part of Teen Top now, and we members have to watch out for each other.” L.Joe said before disappearing. MinAh turned and looked at the apple that he left. She was tempted to throw it away to prove that she didn’t need anyone, but … instead she slowly took off her mask and ate it, after making sure no one was around. *Watch out for each other my … I’m perfectly fine by myself.*