Tarnished Happiness

My Fallen Angel

Yoona questioned the answer to Tiffany's word last night. Was Donghae really happy?

"Damn those stupid little goody two shoes." she growled to herself, slamming her magazine and spoon down into her porridge. 

The whole reason she become a Devil in Disguise was the same reason that all D.I.D's had - they had unfinished business and until they got what they want they would be left to wonder the Earth as if they were really human. In Yoona's case, her unfinished business was Donghae. Yoona had loved Donghae for many years and when she was involved in a hit-and-run five years ago which took her life. Ultimately, she was offered the choice to become a D.I.D which she took it immediately. She got up from the incident like it had never happened. Of course, she was non-human now, she couldn't get hurt like humans could but she also lost a sense of herself in the process. She became clouded with the strong desire to fulfil her own selfish desires. 

This was the first time she had ever questioned herself since the accident. Maybe it was her own selfish desires which caused her to see sense – to make Donghae happy.

No matter how much she tried to stop thinking about their conversation, she couldn't.


"Is Donghae really happy?"


Because deep down she couldn't help but already know the answer...


- - - - - 


Donghae was curled up in his big white sheets, unwilling to move even a millimetre out of bed that day.

"Hyung!" A voice called out when he heard the sound of his front door opening and his four closest friends stumble into his apartment - he made a mental note promptly take the spare apartment key from Yonghwa's procession once he recovered. 

"Hyung!" The voice called again as his bedroom door swung open and Taemin stood there along with Yonghwa, Taeyeon and Hyoyeon. 

"Are you okay, Donghae?" Hyoyeon was the first to ask, strolling over to where he was buried himself into a huge heap. Donghae felt the bed shift lower as he felt his friends surround him on the bed. He felt Hyoyeon place her hand over his head, or at least where his head would be if he had not refused to hide himself within the cotton sheets.

Hyoyeon exchanged a worried glance to all her friends as the silence was suddenly filled with the quiet, almost inaudible sound of Donghae's sobbing - their friend who had always been the happy optimist. Simultaneously, all four of them hung their head low. Taeyeon hugged Donghae over his sheets. Yonghwa looked on with worry on his face as his place a hand on his younger brother’s shoulder whose frown became more and more evident watching one of his favourite hyungs in such a mess. Hyoyeon patted him on the back as he wept. 

They sat uttering no words until Donghae's crying subsided; finally being drained of energy. His deep yet fragile voice suddenly croaked out, slashing the silence.

"I-I just want her back." he stammered like a hurt little kid. Immediately, all four of them exchanged the same concerned eyes and as if they had made an unspoken agreement, they scrambled on top of Donghae and hugged him tightly against his sheets. 

"We want her back too, Donghae." 


- - - - -



"Hey, I know you're listening up there. We need to talk." 

"You called?" said a faint projection of Jessica and Tiffany which appeared in front of Yoona as she stood in the middle of her apartment.

"So, what's your plan... angel?" Yoona asked with a smirk. 

 

 

 

 

- - - - -

two updates in two days. ^^ A sorry for the long hiatus! 

sorry, these chapters but I really wanted to finish this story quickly.