Sacrifice

My Fallen Angel

"I had a talk with Tiffany. Switching is not going to be easy, it may not even work. If we are to do it, it must be done two days from now, exactly on midnight. I've been talking to the head angels, they've agreed that you may be switched into my place, you will have to fufill all of my previous duties and you will be under close supervision but you will not be destroyed in the process. You will still remain very much 'alive'... if you can call it that."

"And why would they allow me to be one of you?"

Jessica stopped pacing in her stepped and turned to face Yoona. She was using her energy to project an image of herself into Yoona's apartment whilst they discussed the process of switching their presence so Jessica could be on Earth.

"Because..." Jessica's eyes glowed as she looked Yoona straight in the eyes as they both stood facing one another. "You are willing to sacrifice something you love most in the world to give to another whilst disregarding your own feelings to help mend another’s. That is one of the most selfless act of good I have ever heard. It’s more than enough to earn yourself a place as an Angel." 

Jessica smiled and in that brief moment Yoona actually smiled softly to her fellow non-human rival. 

"Then what about the other Devils in Disguise? They surely would never allow this." 

Jessica returned back to her pacing, clearly in deep thought.

"They know. They know how risky this is; although you are safe they know there is nothing safeguarding my own life. The potential fall and death of an angel would do nothing but bring them victory. They want to see it unfold. They want to see me die." 

"Then don't do it. Don't risk your life."

"That's not an option now. My life is here on Earth. My life is with Donghae." she spoke softly, almost as if in pain. 

Yoona nodded, understanding. After all, it was the same feeling which drew Yoona back to wonder the Earth as a D.I.D - she would understand more than anyone.

"Then let's do it." 

Jessica nodded and they both exchanged a silent goodbye as Jessica's projection flickered disappeared. 

 

 

 

- - -

Apologises for the disjointed-ness of the world story. 
I really want to finish it so I can get on with my new story!

Dear Diary...  ~ Krissica