The Proposal

My Fallen Angel

[Please, read the previous chapter if you need a recap! I'm sorry for the super late update!]

 

 

Donghae pulled down his dark cap as to exit a store grasping a steaming cup of coffee within his palm. Hardly even noticing the heat penetrating through the feeble card and almost burning his own hand. His life has become like this since she had left. He never paid much attention to things and his mind seemed to wander easily, becoming more and more distant from society itself.

 

- - - - -

 


Yoona on the other hand was on the other side of town tapping her long finger nails upon a glass table impatiently. She would often switch her tapping hand to extend it forward to take a quick sip from her latte. 

"Donghae, why do you keep ignoring my calls?!" she murmured to herself. 

"Maybe he doesn't want to speak to you." An angelic voice sounded, almost as if the voice was singing softly, Yoona perked up her head and smirked. Although the cafe she was sitting in seemed desolate, apart from a few workers and customers sitting somewhere in the distance, she was not alarmed by the voice which had seemingly come from nowhere.


"Tiffany..." she said in a velvety voice, almost mocking. “My old friend.” she chuckled.

"Having fun up there? How’s dear old, Jessica?" her eyes scanned around, looking nowhere in particular when she addressed the angel. 

"You've over stayed your stay." Tiffany stated, ignoring her initial questions. 

"Oh? And who says?" 

"Me. Jessica may be willing to give up Donghae and let him ‘move on’ with you but I most definitely will not. Jessica belongs with him.”

Yoona was interested now.

"Apparently, an angel can return if she switches roles with another fiefdom presence on Earth whom is not a human her or himself."

Yoona scoffed. "And you expect me to just switch with your annoying angel friend?! You naive little girl! And aren't you forgetting something, angel? I am a devil in disguise. No one has switched roles with someone who does not share the same mythical bloodline. Why would I want to take part in this whole... charade? An angel and devil switching places? I will be wiped from existence and who knows what you happen to you. Your feeble attempts to reunite Jessica with her precious Donghae could all be in vain. Sorry to be a downer on your plans but I'm sure I can keep Donghae perfectly happy whilst she’s gone." 

"This may never have been before. Angels have switched roles with angels and devils have switched roles with devils. Maybe it will be in vain, but I have nothing to lose."

"But I have everything to lose - Donghae to be exact." Yoona stated, picking up her drink she headed out onto the city lights which illuminated against the darkness.

"Why, why do you want Donghae so badly?" Tiffany asked again, only this time with a sincere tone, with no grudge held in her voice. She just genuinely wanted to know. 
 

“You… you did the same thing with my Siwon. You took him away from me and now you want to do it all over again! But I won’t let you! Letting go of Siwon was the hardest thing I have ever done and that is the exact reason I will not let Jessica suffer the way I did.”

 

Yoona narrowed her eyes at Tiffany. “My feelings for Siwon were just lust. Donghae is different. I want Donghae for the same reasons as Jessica.”

Tiffany stopped speaking. Yoona had begun to think she had left until she finally spoke up for the final time.

 


"But... do you think he's really happy?"

 

 

 

- - - - -

I am very very sorry for prolonging the finishing of this story!

I am happy to say I have written a few more chapters of this story and it is coming neatly to a close. They just need a little tweeking.

 

In the mean time you can check out my other Jessica Jung orientated fanfictions if you would like!

Dear Diary...  ~ Krissica
a whole bunch of Jessica Jung Parings 
The Real Cinderella ~ Kyusica (hiatus)