chapter seven

C(_) Love Café

 

“The college entrance exam is around the corner. At this point, please focus and study smart. And of course, please take care of your health too.” All students nod when hearing what Mr. Man Bo said.

“Yah! How was your preparation? I’m scared.” Min Jung look at Min Young who spacing out. Like always. Min Young shakes her head.

She doesn’t know what is wrong with Min Young.  Even when she asks, Min Young will mostly change the topic or give unreasonable excuse.

She realize, Min Young become like that especially after Yonghwa; their school sunbae and also Min Young first crush appear.

There’s must be something going on with both of them...Min Jung thought.

“Go Min Jung and Han Min Young. Both of you come see me after class finish.” Min Jung nods her head and look at Min Young.

“Hey!” Min Young startle when Min Jung suddenly nudges her arm.

“What?” Min Young tilt her head and look at Min Jung.

“Mr. Man Bo asking us to see him after this class finish.” She whispers to Min Young.

“Oh! Okay.” Min Jung bit her lower lips. Unsatisfied with Min Young’s reaction.

 

“Both of you please make a decision after carefully think about your future. Do what your heart want to do. Don’t make

something that makes you guys might regret later.” Both Min Jung and Min Young nods when heard their classroom teacher’s lecture.

“You guys have a bright future ahead. I’m proud with both of you. Study harder and make sure you guys take care of your health too. Are you already having something in your mind, Min Jung?” Mr. Man Bo looks at the curly-curly hair girl.

“I’m thinking to continue my study in fashion or mass communication.” Min Jung smile proudly. She really wants to continue her

study in fashion since fashion has been her interest since long time ago. Just thinking to stand on the same stage with other

popular fashion designers or study in Paris already makes her excited. Even she can’t be a fashion designer; she will just be shoes designer. hehe

Mr. Man Bo nods his head. “Then, how about you, Min Young?” He looks at Min Young who looks blank.

Min Young let out a small sigh. “I don’t know.” Yet.

“It’s okay. Take your time. Both of you can leave.”

After excuse themselves, Min Jung and Min Young go out from teacher’s office.

“Can you believe that some giant companies want to sponsor our study? I heard it’s hard to be chosen nowadays. Who thought

we’re the chosen one.” Min Jung clasps her hands. Just like a dream, she will continue her study in fashion’s field and become

successful fashion designer but she realizes that she must always have a back up plan if something unexpected happen.

“Yah! What actually is bothering you?” Min Jung stands in front Min Young and put both of hand on Min Young’s shoulder. Annoying with Min Young’s silence.

“I’ll skip the next class. See you at café later on.” Min Young smile a bit before walk away. She really needs a place to clear her

head and she just knows a perfect place for that. Her territory.

--

The sun warmed her skin and the gentle breeze moved over her body. Min Young had been lying on her back; legs spread

slightly, enjoying the moment.  She look at two monarch butterflies chased each other through the blossom, and a couple of tuis,

ruffling their white neck ties, the honey and plunged around from water pothole to blossom tree before gone to god know

where. She looked up at the blue sky, watched a rabbit-shaped cloud morph into a dragon.

“Dragon…Yong..” Suddenly, Yonghwa, her sunbae’s image crosses on her mind before change to Dujun’s. She closes her eyes.

Remembering something what happen one week ago after Dujun’s fiancée appear.

[flashback]

She looks around before hide behind the lamp post. What a coincidence…She rolled her eyes up before quietly watch Dujun

and his so called fiancée walking hand by hand. The silence between couples make Min Young’s breathless and yet, she

doesn’t know why.

“Oppa.” Min Young startle when the couple suddenly stop not too far away from her hiding. Min Young breathing lightly. Scare

her absence will be sense by those two.

Dujun look at his fiancée who suddenly stop. “Let’s get marry.” Dujun’s eyes grew bigger meanwhile his fiancée keep showing her serious face.

“Why so suddenly?” After a while, Dujun spoke.

“What do you mean suddenly? We’ve known each other for four years. Don’t you think this is a right chance to get marry?” Byul bit her lower lips. Furious.

“By any chance…Do you have someone else?” Byul finally speak when she can’t bear the painful silent between both of them.

“What nonsense are you talking about?” Dujun furrow his eyes brow.

“Then follow me back to States and get marry there.”

Min Young then, quietly walk away from that scene when Byul suddenly kiss Dujun. She know that she can’t watch that any  

longer or her heart will completely crush into pieces

[end of flashback]

Min Young sigh in exasperation. She knows now that she already falls in love with Dujun. Where and how? She also doesn’t have any idea about that.

Its been a week after that incident happen and to take care of her heart, she tries to avoid Dujun as much as she can.

Min Young sigh after look at her wrist watch. Time to go to works…She stand up and shove anything that might stick at her clothes before leave.