I

Playful Boy

 

This one-shot will be set during World War, soldiers are returning on a break.

Please click the link in blue 


 

"Alright lads! It was nice serving with you guys, I trust that I'll be seeing you guys very soon" the Sergent spoke while he walked to and fro infront of his lined soldiers. Little smiles plastered on the soldier's faces as they agreed and sharply replied with a "Yes sir."

The sergent quickly dismissed them and walked away leaving the boys to hunch their back and let out little sighs of relief, they all looked at each other and nodded in acknowledgement before quickly dispersing themselves into their own barracks and packing as soon as possible.

"Suho, do take photos of your little boy and bring it in for us to see" Chanyeol said while patting Suho on the shoulder, Suho returned with a gentle murmur and looked up, nodding confidently he replied, "I will, I'll show you my little pride" Chanyeol smiled before hugging Suho and walking to the other members for little small talks before they all left for home.

"Luhan" the said boy looked up, his eyes looking up in wonder, Chanyeol smiled brightly, walking towards him, Chanyeol squeezed Luhan's shoulder in comfort, "I trust you know what you do when you get home, I want a picture, mark her yours."

♞   ❤   ♞

 

"Mama, I'm home" Luhan bellowed, he unlocked his front door and setted his bag down and quickly opened his arm for his mother to jump in, a giggle escaping her lips and she savoured her hug before breaking apart to plaster Luhan's face with kisses. She smiled up to her son, a look of proudness and adoration, a cough came from the side of the room, both whipping their heads to see Luhan's father looking at the scene unfolding.

"Baba" Luhan said while walking to his father slowly, his mother trailing behind. Father looked at him and cracked out a smile before turning on his heel and walking out from the main room, Luhan stopped and his mother gently comforted him, "He's only mad you left, you're only 16." Luhan nodded solemly and embraced his mother again, she gently patted his back while both of them started rocking side to side, she broke apart and caressed his face. "Come now, I've set dinner."

 

 

♞   ❤   ♞

 

"How is it out there Lu?" Lao Gao asked, his eyes twinkling in curiosity. "Do you reckon I should join too? Fake my age and go straight in" Luhan absent mindly nodded, "Luhan, help me get in" Lao Gao said while turning his friend's shoulder and staring his friend straight in the eye. "Look at how grand you've become, no one dare say anything to you now! They cower away in fear. You're not little dear boy Luhan anymore, you're Soldier Luhan- The Brave."

Luhan slowly jerked himself away, "Lao Gao, the fields...it isn't how it seems. save your childhood now." His eyes travelled beyond the field they were sitting on, "I've seen so much and I'm not even at the frontline." 

"Next time I might not come back, I was just awfully lucky, wait two more years, you'll have enjoyed life by then." Lao Gao looked confused but took a moment to cast his eyes on the image of his friend, sure there were riples on his shirt where muscle has grown on, and the sharp jawline showing off his friends masculinity but his friend, ever since returning seemed dazed, sunken eyes and the loss of the deer twinkle he used to have, it was his friend Luhan alright, but he'd seem to have been dragged through a pit of death to have become so immune.

Sensing the quiet atmosphere, Lao Gao interjected by softly nudging his friend, "It's the church fare today" he spoke, his eyebrows lifting in a mischevious manner, "Do you remember Ling?" Lao Gao asked, leaning closer to Luhan, seeing his friend snap out and now focus on him, with his lips slightly parted made him laugh aloud. "You should see her now. She's a beuaty"

Luhan shyly played with his fingers, threading  them into one another. "She was always a beauty."

 

♞   ❤   ♞

Dance  With me Tonight

Little fairy lights dangled from the trees surrounding the church, little table stands full of cakes and snacks were dispalyed, was there even a war? Everyone seemed so merry, little kids running around, while young females-at the peak of their teenage sat gossiping at the side, staring at the newcomers. Luhan spotted Xiumin and Lay from his regiment walking around, he quickly walked towards them and patted their back, they looked back in suprise but quickly pulled Luhan in for a hug, soon all of the remaining soldiers gathered there, clad in their uniform, looking dapper and standing amongst the crowd, with their dominating aura.

"Guys, as you know. This is my wife" Suho said while looping his hand around his wife's waist, he then lifted a little boy off the floor and carried him, "This is Hyun woo. My son" all the men gathered waved at the little boy and bowed to Suho's wife, she giggled slightly when Suho whispered  into her ear, Chanyeol covered his eyes dramaticaly before locking his eyes onto the teenage girls whispering, he then looked at the boys again, arranging his tie, "I must look extrememly good today, ladies have their eye on me" Chanyeol said while giving a playful smirk and trying to flip his gelled hair causing the whole group to break out into laughter.

"So Luhan..." Chanyeol said after the laughter had died down, "You seen Ling around?" his eyebrows quirking up, the whole group of soldier men looked at Luhan, that was blushing beet red, "no..." he mumbled while attempting to hide his face, but too late. The show was seen. Yixing quipped in, "I didn't think she could get any more prettier, but miracles do happen." 

Kai spoke as well, "Remember he used to like her since a really young age but was a little dopey cow to express it."  Somehow even Lao Gao seemed to creep up on the group and speak, "He would always shake when he hand to hand her milk during class." the boys all broke out into fits of laughter, "They were named the Dear Couple, pretty sure she liked him back" Baekhyun reminisced, before Luhan could interject, Suho's wife Hye Lim spoke, she pointed subtly "Speaking of the doe" her lips turning upwards in a teasing manner.

Luhan whipped his head back with such force that he believed it was probably the only reason why his breathe was caught in his throat and his stomach seemed to flip, His jaw hinged and he looked ahead at the said female, she adorned a white dress, knee length and a small shiny necklace that showed off her collar bone, her hair was in a smart updo while a strand of loose hair sat on her cheek, her cheeks seemed rosy and she had applied, the ever-famous red lipstick, she walked hand in hand with her bestfriend, laughing merrily.

"Tao, Luhan snap out of it" Luhan coughed akwardly while looking at him co-mate, the lad also seemed slightly pink, "here comes double combo for those two beautiful ladies" Chanyeol shouted above the crowd, everybody stopped their activities and so did the two girls, the group of soldier boys pushed Luhan and Tao while the two girls seemed frozen in their spot, hoots and cheers sounded, mainly from the group of men and the girls seemed to have dropped their linking hands and waited for their pair.

A sudden movement of hands and a sound of trumpets and piano sounded, Luhan held offered his hand for Ling, which she gladly accepted, so did the latter's pair. The boys nodded at eachother before spinning their ladies. Ling looked up shyly at Luhan, "How was war? Do you like it?"

Luhan plastered a smile on his face and looked down, "I might not like it but Dulce et Decorum Est Pro Patria mori"


 

Hey I'm BubBlEp0p1, as my subscriber may remember, I also posted one-shots before and I've recently came back from my hiatus. I realised how awfully written my one-shots were, yet I still had the support of you guys, since I'm back (I have a more flexible schedule) I'll be looking to adjust my pre-chapters. I've drafted all the older chapers so I can re-write the chapter. Hopefully you can see the improvements I've made through this chapter. Currently I won't be accepting requests, I'm working to set out a page where you can request on a different site, so that it is more convenient for you and  me. Please leave feedback, if you'd like to request a continuation of a one-shot you like , please don't hesitate.

I've deleted a lot of things here, because I've wanted a new start. So if you (old subscribers) don't see your comments then it's probably because I've removed it, not because the comment was offensive in anyway way but just because I'd like to start everything afresh, I hope you understand.

The story was set to be written during World War, the boys know each other because often, boys from the same town were selected so that they could form their own regiment during World War, they set out differently because although the're from the same town, they live in different places within the town. Everybody knows one another since they're from a tight-knit community. They also attended the same school thus they know about Luhan's not so little crush.

Dulce et Decorum Est Pro Patria Mori "It is sweet and glorious to die for one's country." - Wilfred Owen

Thank you for you patience