The Second (Part II)

Breaking ZoNE

 

Yuri grabbed Taeyeon’s arms and ripped them off her shoulders. “I wondered why you were taking so long, and it turns out that you were a little too fond of Jessica.”

 

“You’re going to pay.” Taeyeon said through her teeth. Taeyeon twisted her body and kicked Yuri in the side. Yuri staggered, but kept a hold on Taeyeon’s wrists. “Tell me why you’re doing this!” Taeyeon planted her foot on Yuri’s stomach and pushed off. This time, Yuri lost her grip and fell back onto the floor.

 

“Would you believe me if I said for the fun of it?” Yuri got up and kept her distance away from Taeyeon to avoid further attacks. “The look on your face tells me otherwise.”

 

Jessica huddled with Tiffany and Sunny. The layout of the room kept the trapped in the corner behind Taeyeon. They would have loved to run and escape, but doing that would mean running right into Yuri. “I have an idea!” Tiffany whispered to Sunny and Jessica. “Make sure Yuri doesn’t see me.” Tiffany whipped out her phone as she ducked down behind her friends.

 

Yuri didn’t seem to notice – if she did, she paid no mind to it. “Let’s just say that I’ve had my issues with the girl.”

 

“Issues? What issues?” Jessica asked from across the space. “I’ll give you some issues if you keep messing with my life!”

 

Taeyeon shooed her hand in Jessica’s direction. “Shush, will you? I’d like to get out of this with as few bruises as possible, thank you.” Not once did Taeyeon take her eyes off of Yuri. If she was able to be so close and keep her identity unknown, then what else could she be hiding? “Let me at least ask you one thing.”

 

“Sure. You probably wont be around much longer anyway.”

 

“Why didn’t you just kill Jessica? You seemed to be close to her since Sooyoung is your mentor.”

 

“It was too difficult. Someone was always with Jessica. I don’t like leaving evidence.” Yuri took a step towards Taeyeon. “That’s where you come in. You get the job done and take the heat while I walk off like nothing ever happened.”

 

“You’re a lunatic.” Taeyeon was careful with her movements. The structure of the room and hall made it difficult to fight without being restrained by the walls. On top of that, the furniture and decorations confined the open space even more.  One false move and Taeyeon could find herself in a pile of wood that used to be a table, or being smothered to death by a pillow.

 

“Maybe.” Yuri launched herself at Taeyeon and tackled her to the ground. Jessica and Sunny both let out scared yelps and huddled closer together. Jessica tried to remain calm, but she could feel herself having a slight relapse from when Krystal attacked her.

 

Tiffany finally stood up. “Don’t worry, things will be fine soon. I hope.”

 

“You hope?” Sunny said in shock. “This is not the time for an “I hope”. It’s time for an “I know”! Who were you calling, anyway?”

 

“You’ll see.” Tiffany turned her attention towards Jessica. “Just calm down. Breathe, okay?” Tiffany made Jessica sit down so Jessica didn’t have to strain herself to both stay sane and standing. “Look at me, okay?” Tiffany forced Jessica to lock eyes with her. “You’re going to be fine. Nothing wrong will happen to you.”

 

Sunny watched as Tiffany handled the situation calmly and maturely. Sunny wanted to help but she didn't know what to do. She kept looking at Tiffany and then at Taeyeon, but Sunny felt out of place.

 

Jessica started to relax a bit, but you could still see the tension that had built in her shoulders. Jessica shut her eyes and tried to remain composed.

 

Taeyeon was too preoccupied and couldn’t give Jessica the attention that she wanted. Yuri was still on top, but their tangled limbs made it difficult to decide who was actually winning. Yuri managed to tear at Taeyeon’s hair while Taeyeon’s hands were making it difficult for Yuri to breathe properly.

 

That’s when Sunny got an idea. She went to the table and grabbed the remaining glasses. She dumped them on Yuri, who let out a high-pitched squeal as the unexpected water hit her body. Taeyeon took the opportunity to get Yuri off of her. Yuri stumbled back into the hallway and steadied herself on a wall.

 

“You little…”  Yuri gave Sunny an icy glare.

 

Taeyeon stepped in front of her friend once more. “Don’t you dare touch her.”

 

“Tiffany!”

 

Yuri and Taeyeon both looked  towards the front door. Hyoyeon burst through the entrance with Eunhyuk close behind.

 

“Get Yuri!” Tiffany screamed from afar. “She’s one of them!”

 

Hyoyeon hesitated as she processed the information that Tiffany yelled at her. When her brain had grasped the situation, Hyoyeon quickly approached Yuri and tried to hold her from behind. However Yuri eluded Hyoyeon’s arms and retaliated with powerful hit to the shoulder. Hyoyeon fell in Taeyeon’s direction but caught herself before hitting the ground.

 

Taeyeon took a turn and went for Yuri, hoping to catch her off guard. “You’re going down!”

 

Yuri barely recovered in time to save herself from Taeyeon’s attack. But, being unfamiliar with her surrounding area, Yuri instead hit her arm against the wall hard enough to leave a small dent. Taeyeon grabbed Yuri by the collar and threw her over her shoulder towards Hyoyeon. Yuri hit the ground with a loud thud. She rolled away from Taeyeon, but was getting dangerously close to Hyoyeon.

 

Taeyeon and Hyoyeon closed in on Yuri. Yuri stood up and tried to back into the kitchen. Tiffany, Sunny, and Jessica stayed where they were. Eunhyuk joined them as they tried to stay safe.

 

“Oh no!” Sunny exclaimed. “The kitchen…that’s the worse place for them to be!”

 

Everyone else suddenly understood the potential dangers that could arise from fighting in the kitchen. Knives and copious amounts of glass were begging to find their way into flesh and red rivers. Eunhyuk proceeded to inch his way to the kitchen entrance to keep an eye on Yuri.

 

Taeyeon and Hyoyeon were both wary of the very thing Sunny had brought up to the others. They both looked at each other and made a silent agreement to take down Yuri together. “Be careful. No guessing what could happen in here.”

 

Yuri took advantage of the situation and her closeness to Taeyeon’s drawers that likely housed the very knives that everyone was worried about. She had leverage and was ready to use it as much as possible.

 

Taeyeon stepped to the side. “Yuri, tell me. Why are you so interested in the killing of Jessica? I think I deserve that much of an explanation.”

 

“I’m just a lunatic, don’t you remember?” Yuri carefully observed her position. There were many drawers and cabinets around her. The oven and fridge were both to her right and a small table was to her left. Various appliances were scattered on the counter. The sink was right behind her. Taeyeon and Hyoyeon were both at least three big steps away from anything useful and easily attainable.

 

“Screw you.” Taeyeon tried to approach the table. There was a bowl of fruit that she thought would make for a nice weapon. Hyoyeon was still standing near the entrance of the kitchen as she looked for a way to get close to Yuri.

 

Yuri didn’t take her eyes off of her company. She opened the drawer and blindly looked for a weapon. Her hands found their ways through spoons and spatulas before skimming through the other drawers. Then she found a knife. She drew out two knives – one large knife and another knife that was long, slender, and sharp.

 

Yuri didn’t have to say anything. Hyoyeon and Taeyeon both knew that they were in no position to move. If they did, they would likely find a knife flying at their faces. “Now, if the two of you would like to keep your head free of metal, I suggest you do as I say. Hands up and back up into the hallway.”

 

Hyoyeon and Taeyeon did as they were told. They slowly made their way into the hall. Yuri followed their lead with the knives still up and ready to kill. Hyoyeon turned into the hall. Her eyes went wide as she saw Eunhyuk so close to the door.

 

Eunhyuk mouthed something silently to Hyoyeon. Taeyeon noticed, too, but neither girl quite understood what was being said. Yuri stepped into the hall. Her back was to Eunhyuk and she didn’t notice his presence. Yuri was too preoccupied with making her escape.

 

“No you don't!” Eunhyuk grabbed Yuri from behind and restrained her arms over her head. “Drop the knives, now!”

 

Yuri struggled to get her arms free, but Eunhyuk resisted her pushes and pulls. “You’re gunna get it, you hear me!” She screamed. Yuri refused to drop the weapons.

 

“Will someone just take the knives already?” Eunhyuk asked desperately. Yuri was starting to wear on him and he could feel her slowly slipping out of his arms.

 

Tiffany skipped to Eunhyuk’s side and took the large knife from Yuri – with some trouble, of course. She tossed it aside into the kitchen so it was out of everyone’s reach.

 

As Tiffany went for the second knife, Yuri managed to snake her way out of Eunhyuk’s hold. She violently whipped her arm at Tiffany. There was no skin connection, but there was a clean rip through Tiffany’s shirt. “Hey! This is one of my favorite tops!”

 

“Tiffany, not the time for that!” Taeyeon pulled Tiffany backwards as Yuri came at her with another swing. “Thanks for getting the other knife off of her.”

 

“Leave the other one to me.” Hyoyeon made her way around Tiffany and approached Yuri with caution. Eunhyuk had already backed off after seeing Yuri attack Tiffany. “Yuri, you don’t want to really do this, do you?”

 

“What? Drive this knife through Jessica’s heart? Of course not. That’s why I wanted that girl to do it for me. But I don’t mind changing plans.” Yuri quickly turned in Eunhyuk’s direction but held the knife towards Hyoyeon to impede her progress.

 

“Stop it!” Jessica screamed. “Please, stop this!”

 

Yuri didn’t pay any mind to Jessica. Yuri and Eunhyuk carefully danced around the table as she tried to trap him in a corner. The knife was still pointed at Hyoyeon.

 

Taeyeon crawled into the kitchen and grabbed the knife that Tiffany threw aside. She carefully made her way back into the hall. The knife was hidden behind her back so that Yuri wouldn’t notice it until Taeyeon had to use it.

 

“So, Hyoyeon, instead of Taeyeon, you can go ahead and kill Jessica.”

 

“What makes you think I’ll do it?”

 

“This.” Yuri pulled out a gun from a mysterious pocket. “I didn’t want to use this because I thought it would draw too much attention to myself.” Yuri pointed the gun at Eunhyuk. He was trapped between the wall and table with Yuri and the gun waiting for him on the other side. “Take it.” Yuri tossed the knife in Hyoyeon’s direction. It landed at her feet.

 

“Don’t do it Hyoyeon.” Eunhyuk tried to reassure Hyoyeon from afar, but the gun made it difficult to hide his fear.

 

Hyoyeon bent down and picked up the knife. She looked at Jessica as she caressed the blade with her fingers. “You’ll…let him go?”

 

“Both of you. I won’t even tell the boss.”

 

“If I kill Jessica, right?”

 

“Yup. Easy as that.”

 

“Okay. But…to make sure we’re clear as glass, I don’t get hurt, and Eunhyuk doesn’t get hurt, right?”

 

Yuri nodded. “Well?”

 

“Just, making sure that I’m not on thin glass or anything.” Hyoyeon tried to make eye contact with Eunhyuk. “I wouldn’t want to get out of this with the short of the stick and suddenly have the glass shatter on me, you know?”

 

“You can trust me.” Yuri was getting a little impatient, but she knew that it would take Hyoyeon a moment to work up the confidence to kill Jessica.

 

Hyoyeon kept looking at Eunhyuk. “Okay. It would just be a shame if things weren’t clear as glass, you know?”

 

“Just shank her already.” Yuri said roughly. “Soon you do that the sooner you can leave.”

 

“Sorry, I’m just…I don’t want the glass to suddenly…oh for crying out loud, throw it at her already!”

 

Eunhyuk ducked below the table as he threw a glass at Yuri.

 

“Yah!” Yuri tried to shield herself from the glass. It shattered into sharp shards. Bits of glass rained onto the floor as large crystals lodged themselves into Yuri’s skin. Her blood started to drip from her arm and lacerations on her face. The gun dropped from Yuri’s hand as her grip loosened from the pain.

 

“If anyone is getting a knife in their back, it’s you, Yuri!” Hyoyeon pulled her arm back. As she approached her target, Yuri turned to try and stop Hyoyeon. However, Hyoyeon drove her knife through the space between Yuri’s hands and into Yuri’s side.

 

Screams of agony escaped Yuri’s lips as the pain started to drive her mad. “Ahh! You…ah…” Yuri fell to the ground and collapsed as her energy drained with every drop of blood. Yuri struggled to make words let alone breathe.

 

No one dared move. No one dared to say what was one everyone’s mind.

 

Yuri was dying.

 

Hyoyeon killed Yuri.

-------------

a/n:

a little on the short end of an update...

Thanks for all the comments <3 I've been trying to reply to them all individually, but I'm sorry if I missed yours ><