The Confrontation

Breaking ZoNE

 

Taeyeon joined her friends in the kitchen. Her friends and girlfriend were sitting and talking at the table. For whatever reason, the fact that Jessica was an idol didn’t faze Tiffany or Sunny at all. They just dealt with the facts of life that came with the complicated-ness that was Taeyeon. Taeyeon pocketed looked at the note from Hyoyeon once more. On the back it had the exact meeting time: 6PM. Before announcing her entrance, Taeyeon pocketed the note.

 

“Hey, did you guys figure out what you wanted for dinner?” Taeyeon asked as she stepped into the room.

 

Sunny shrugged. “Not really. We’re debating between chicken and pizza. Do you care?”

 

“Chicken sounds good to me.”

 

Jessica did a small victory dance in her seat. “Yes! Tied 2 to 2.”

 

“Poo…I was hoping we could get pizza.”

 

“We can do both.” Tiffany suggested.

 

“There aren’t enough of us to finish that much food.” Sunny said. “Can we please just get pizza from Super Pizza?”

 

“But Chicken Jr. is so good…” Taeyeon replied.

 

Jessica stood up. “I have an idea! Let’s invite Sooyoung and Yoona. Then there will be 6 people, and we can get both.”

 

Tiffany popped up from her seat, too. “Genius!” Tiffany and Jessica high-fived each other. “Get them over here so we can eat, girl!” Tiffany proceeded to call Super Pizza, while Jessica called Sooyoung and Yoona. Sunny called Chicken Jr., leaving Taeyeon free to just sit and think for a minute.

 

“I need to go pick up Sooyoung and Yoona. I’ll be back in a little while.” Jessica gave Taeyeon another kiss on the cheek before heading out the door.

 

“Be careful!” Taeyeon yelled as Jessica shut the door. Taeyeon took Jessica’s seat gleefully and relaxed a bit knowing that everything at home seemed to have gotten better. Not enough to forget Hyoyeon’s little message, but enough to know that she no longer had to pretend around her friends.

 

“So,” Tiffany asked as she slid her chair next to Taeyeon, “What’s it like dating Jessica?”

 

“It’s nice, but I can’t see her as often as I want.” There was an obvious blush creeping onto Taeyeon’s face, but she didn’t care. “Just don’t make this super public, please? We don’t want a lot of attention about us...”

 

“We wont!”

 

The girls continued to chat while Jessica was off getting Sooyoung and Yoona. Time passed quickly and Jessica returned sooner than expected. “Hello~!” She said as she returned to the kitchen. Taeyeon scooted to the side so that Jessica could share her seat.

 

There was a round of exchanges filled with awe and excitement. With the entirety of ZoNE in Taeyeon’s house, Tiffany and Sunny were starting to get star-struck. Taeyeon leaned into Jessica and quietly asked “Is that how I was when I first met you three?”

 

“Not really.” Jessica let Taeyeon rest her head on her shoulder. Everyone continued to talk while waiting for the food to arrive. The doorbell rang and Taeyeon stood up to get the door.

 

“Uh, delivery of two pizzas for Tiffany?” Said the man at the door. He was a really handsome looking guy.

 

Taeyeon stared for a moment before accepting the food and paying the man. He had dyed his hair blond, which made him stand out quite a bit. Taeyeon could see he had a nice build even with long sleeves covering his arms. “Thanks, how much is it again?” Taeyeon asked.

 

The man showed Taeyeon the receipt as Taeyeon pulled out some money. The two exchanged food for money. “Have a nice day!” Said the man before he turned to leave. Taeyeon shut the door and walked into the kitchen with the two boxes of deliciousness. “How much longer until the chicken gets here?” She asked as she put the boxes on the kitchen counter.

 

“Give them a few minutes. They’re farther away from here.” Sunny said.

 

And it really did take only a few minutes. Taeyeon repeated her earlier actions. “Order of Chicken for…Sunny?” Taeyeon nodded and paid the nice man for the food. He, too, looked really handsome. For food delivery people, Taeyeon didn’t think she would meet such attractive people.

 

“We shall feast!” Sunny exclaimed as Taeyeon brought in the chicken. Sunny brought around plates and utensils for everyone.

 

Tiffany looked into the bucket of chicken and pulled out a small drumstick for herself.  Everyone eventually followed suit. Part way through the meal, Yoona started poking through Taeyeon’s fridge. “Do you have any juice?”

 

“Ah, no, I didn’t expect everyone to be here so I didn’t really stock up…I’ll go out and buy some.” Taeyeon said. She put her plate down and quickly washed up.

 

“No, it’s okay. I’ll just get some water.” Yoona replied as she look for a cup.

 

“I insist. Just wait here.” Taeyeon was about to leave, but Jessica momentarily stopped her.

 

“I’ll go with you. It’s almost 6, and it’s dark. I don’t want you going out alone.” Jessica said with concern.

 

“I’ll be okay. You know I can take care of myself.” Taeyeon gave Jessica a reassuring squeeze on the arm. “Besides, wont it be bad if you’re seen in public? And with me? Tiffany and Sunny figured it out, someone else might find out, too.”

 

Jessica made a face of disappointment. “Fine…Just be careful.” She knew Taeyeon was right, but she didn’t want to be away from her. “Call me if something happens, okay?”

 

“Be back in a few!” Taeyeon ran out of the house. Everyone looked at the door once before tending to their stomachs once more.

~~~~

 

Crud, it’s already 6:02… Taeyeon thought as she ran down the sidewalk. The park was close by, but it still took at least ten minutes for Taeyeon to run there. Hyoyeon better have a good reason for calling me out here. It was a little cold. Wind rushed at Taeyeon’s face as she made her way to her destination. Unexpectedly, the concrete beneath her feet turned into soft patches of grass. Trees took place of buildings and the sound of cars speeding down the road was drowned out by the dancing of leaves caught in the breeze.

 

“Hyoyeon!” Screamed Taeyeon. “Where are you! Come out!”

 

“A loud one, aren’t we?” Hyoyeon stepped behind Taeyeon. She placed an arm on Taeyeon’s shoulder, but Taeyeon didn’t take any chances. As soon as Taeyeon felt Hyoyeon’s skin on her own, Taeyeon jumped to the side and readied herself to fight. “Hey, now, I’m not here to pick a fight. I’m here on my own accord, girl.”

 

“If you’re here on your own accord, quit hiding behind you boss and face me, you coward.” Taeyeon lunged at Hyoyeon. “And stay away from my friends!”

 

 

Hyoyeon really wasn’t a fighter. But you wouldn’t have guessed that. Her swift movements and graceful steps kept Taeyeon from touching her. Hyoyeon’s dance kept her safe from Taeyeon. “Give me a second, and I’ll explain myself.”

 

Taeyeon didn’t have much of a choice. She could hardly touch Hyoyeon, and Hyoyeon was breathing normally. “You’ve got three minutes before I rip you apart.”

 

“Me? Don’t you want to shred this?” Hyoyeon held up a small blue chip. “Although, this isn’t really something you can shred. But you would probably want to delete the images, no?”

 

“The memory card!” Taeyeon took a step forward.

 

“Tsk, tsk, calm down, girl.” Hyoyeon motioned Taeyeon to follow her. The girls went deeper into the park where there were benches to sit on. The girls sat opposite each other.

 

“Hurry up and talk.”

 

“Well, the truth is I don’t care what happens to Jessica. And boss lady has been pissing me off a lot more than normal these days.”

 

“Get to your point.” Taeyeon was ready to pounce if Hyoyeon didn’t give her a good reason for calling her out into the cold.

 

Hyoyeon sighed. “I’m thinking of ditching boss lady, but I need money. If you bought me-“

 

“No.” Taeyeon got up and was about to leave.

 

“Hey, you don’t even know what I was going to say!”

 

“You want me to buy you out of your boss’ hands, right?”

 

Hyoyeon was silent.

 

“Just give me the chip. I’m not trusting someone like you if all you do is look for money.”

 

“I just need enough to do something. I promise, if you just give me some money, I’ll leave you alone!” Hyoyeon was begging. “Please, I know I’m not in a position to beg, but I really need your help.”

 

“If you wanted my help, you never should have treated me like dirt.” Taeyeon stood in front of Hyoyeon and started to frisk her for the memory card. “Just give it to me already!”

 

“No!” Taeyeon and Hyoyeon started to wrestle for the chip.

 

The girls were to wrapped up in their fight to notice anything around them. Or, in this case, anyone.

 

“…Hyoyeon?”

 

Taeyeon looked towards the voice. He looks…ah! “You’re the guy from earlier!”

~~~~

 

“It does not take thirty minutes to buy enough juice for all of us!” Yoona said. “Who else could be buying juice at this time?!” Yoona really liked her juice.

 

Everyone finished eating a while ago, but Taeyeon had yet to return. Jessica walked back into the kitchen.

 

“Still no answer?” Sooyoung asked.

 

Jessica shook her head. Tiffany and Sunny had both sent messages to Taeyeon, but neither got any reply. Everyone was worried. “I’m going to drive to the corner store and see if anyone saw her.” Jessica said.

 

“Let me go,” Tiffany said as she gently pushed Jessica back into her seat. “You remember what Taeyeon said. She’ll call if anything really bad happens, and if you go out it could draw more negative attention to you guys.”

 

She’s right…why do they have to be right… Jessica accepted defeat calmly. “You be careful, too.”

 

“Thanks.”

 

Jessica sat with a big weight on her mind. Why am I so useless! I can’t do anything for Tae…

 

“Uh, guys?” Tiffany said from the doorway. “I think I know why Taeyeon isn’t back yet.”

 

Jessica rushed over. “Why?” Jessica saw the note in Tiffany’s hand and proceeded to read it. “Hyoyeon?! That girl…where is this park?” Jessica asked.

 

Sunny and Tiffany looked at each other. “Maybe ten or fifteen minutes away by foot?” They replied. “Do you want us to take you there?”

 

“Please!”

 

“Sica!” Yoona called, “You can’t do this. The company said th-mmph!”

 

Sooyoung covered Yoona’s mouth and pulled her aside. “I don’t approve but hurry up. I’m giving you three twenty minutes. If you aren’t back by seven, we’re going to call the police.”

 

Yoona was able to rip Sooyoung’s hand from “Sooyoung!” Yoona screamed. “You can’t be serious!”

 

“I don’t like this, but Jessica isn’t going to sit still until Taeyeon is back. Just let her go for now.” Sooyoung turned to Jessica, Sunny and Tiffany. “Seven. Got that?”

 

Jessica nodded and pulled Sunny and Tiffany with her. “I’ll drive.”

 

“It’s faster if we run. We can cut through the parking lots and parking is horrid at this time.” Tiffany threw Jessica a pair of sneakers. “They might not be the right size, but better than those heels.”

 

Jessica changed her shoes and followed Sunny’s lead. Tiffany tried calling Taeyeon again, but there was still no answer. She looked at the time. It was 6:39. Over thirty minutes after the meeting time.

 

Will they still be there? Tiffany wondered. It’s possible, but if they left then there would be no way to track down Taeyeon.

 

When the girls arrived at the park, it seemed empty. “Sunny, Tiffany, is there a place that is secluded? Hyoyeon would likely try and be out of sight.”

 

Sunny and Tiffany glanced around the park for a while. The park was open. There were trees, but not enough to provide adequate hiding space. “Should we split up?” Sunny asked.

 

“Too dangerous.” Jessica replied. “Let’s stick together.”

 

Tiffany and Sunny nodded. They led Jessica through the park. The group checked around trees and bushes for traces of Taeyeon and Hyoyeon. There was little to be found.

 

It was 6:45 when the girls heard something.

 

“No!” screamed a voice in the distance.

 

“Taeyeon!” Tiffany gasped. “It came from over there!” Tiffany grabbed Sunny, who in turn grabbed Jessica, and ran towards the voice. The girls dove behind a bush and looked at the scene before them.

 

Taeyeon, please be okay!

 

They finally found Taeyeon. She was tangled on the ground Hyoyeon. Both girls were staring at a guy with blond hair. None of them noticed Jessica, Tiffany or Sunny yet so they just eavesdropped until they felt necessary to interfere.

 

“You’re the guy from earlier!” Taeyeon said loudly. “Oof!”

 

Hyoyeon pushed Taeyeon away from herself and stood up to address the man. “What…what are you doing here?” Hyoyeon asked him.

 

“I just felt like relaxing after work.” Hyoyeon looked down and noticed the man was holding an old mp3 player. “I had a few deliveries in the area…” The man glanced at Taeyeon, “…so I decided to just work out here for a little bit. I called to see if maybe you wanted to join me, but you didn’t pick up.”

 

“Hyoyeon, give me the memory card!” Taeyeon said after getting up.

 

Hyoyeon’s expression had drastically changed. Before the man showed up, Hyoyeon looked confident and collected. Now that the man was around, Hyoyeon started to act a little timid. “Just…please, Taeyeon…”

 

“Who is she?” The man asked Hyoyeon. “She seems really different from when I met her earlier.”

 

“You two have met?” Hyoyeon asked surprisingly.

 

“Delivery.”

 

When the man said “delivery”, Jessica noticed that his clothes had the Super Pizza logo on. Is he dating Hyoyeon, maybe?

 

“Hyoyeon, can you please explain what’s going on?” The man asked.

 

“It’s nothing, Eunhyuk…”

 

“Hyoyeon!” Taeyeon screamed. “Quit messing around and give me the memory card. If you really are sorry, then just give me the memory card so I can delete the pictures.”

 

Eunhyuk stood in front of Hyoyeon. “Hey, I don’t know what you have against her, but please calm down. I don’t really know what’s going on at all, but I don’t like seeing Hyoyeon like this.”

 

Taeyeon paused and took a few breaths. “Fine. Hyoyeon. Let’s talk. Why do you want the money?”

 

“Can we not talk about this right now?” Hyoyeon asked.

 

“You called me out here!”

 

“That was before…!” Hyoyeon secretly pointed to Eunhyuk. “Can we please talk about this in private?”

 

“Hyoyeon” Eunhyuk interrupted, “who is this girl?”

 

Hyoyeon looked Eunhyuk in the eye. “She’s…I…Um…” Hyoyeon continued to stutter.

 

Taeyeon watched the two carefully. “Yah! Who are you? Why do you know Hyoyeon?” Taeyeon tried to not sound frustrated, but it was hard to hide her feelings.

 

“Ah, I guess I haven’t introduced myself.” The man bowed. “My name is Eunhyuk. I’m a childhood from of Hyoyeon. Now, would you kindly tell me about yourself?”

 

“Taeyeon.” She bowed, too, but was wary to not let her eyes drift from Hyoyeon. “I guess you don’t know what your friend has been doing out late at night, do you?”

 

Eunhyuk have Hyoyeon a questioning look. Hyoyeon started to run at Taeyeon. Tiffany and Jessica screamed from the bushes as Sunny ran out and stood between Hyoyeon and Taeyeon.

 

“Sunny! Why are you here?” Taeyeon asked. Tiffany and Jessica also ran out of the bushes.

 

Tiffany passed Taeyeon the note. “You dropped it on your way out. We came to find you.”

 

A ringing went off from Jessica’s pocket. “Crud, it’s already seven!” Jessica called Sooyoung. “Hey, did you…no, frick. We, no, just, call them off if you can. We’ll be back soon.”

 

“They already called the police?!” Tiffany asked. Jessica nodded. “Tae, we need to get out of here.”

 

“But the memory card!”

 

“Just bring her with us and we can talk in the house.” Sunny said.

 

“No way I’m going with you people!”

 

Jessica walked up to Hyoyeon. “I don’t think you have a choice.” Jessica gave Hyoyeon a deadly glare before grabbing her by the wrist and dragging her along. Jessica stopped and turned to address Eunhyuk. “You come, too. But don’t you dare say a word to the police. Follow us to the house.”

 

Eunhyuk nodded, but his confusion was clearly visible. He left his car and ran with the girls back to Taeyeon’s house. As everyone walked inside, Jessica manhandled Hyoyeon to the living room couch. Eunhyuk shut the door and quietly followed the girls. He was a bit scared at what was happening, but he tried is best to not show it.

 

With everyone in the living room, Tiffany explained the events to Sooyoung and Yoona. It didn’t take long.

 

“Now that we’re in private,” Taeyeon said as she started down Hyoyeon, “Talk.”

 

--------------

A/N
Decided to throw in another chapter ^^

but aigoo >< been so busy with school and trying to write a fic for a contest my other fics have been on an unintended hold. RAWR T.t