Mi Young

BY FATE

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Omma,

 

 I miss you so much…

Unnie is planning to enter a university. I know it will be hard on her since her savings isn’t enough to support her all the way so I decided to help.

This morning, while I was waiting for the catch of the day, I saw a newspaper and it said that someone is in need of a helper. It’s in Seoul Omma. Very far away and I don't know it I can make it on my own since it’s my first time to be away from you and Unnie. But I want her to reach her dreams so I’m going to work hard to help her and hopefully I can finally fulfill my promise to you. Hope you are not mad with the decision I made. Please bless with this one. I am truly afraid.

 

   With lots of love,

   Mi Young

 

 

 

 

 

“Jaejoong?” Mr. Lee’s eye brows furrowed. The man in front of him just gave him a ticket and he hated it.

“Three months.” Jaejoong signaled with his fingers. “I’m giving you three months of vacation and freedom Lee.”

“Who told you I need a vacation and freedom?” The old man voice rose.

Jae sighed. Mr. Lee can be so stubborn sometimes but he won’t give up.

“Uncle, you spent all your life here and you need a break.” He tried to explain.

“Now you’re calling me Uncle because you’re kicking me out of the house.”

Jae was taken aback.

“I’m not kicking you out!” So he defended himself. “I just want you to take a break and enjoy the world. That is a golden ticket to a world cruise for three months, all expenses paid so you don't have to worry anything!”

“And what will I do with that trip? I’d rather stay here and attend to all your need.” He said, still trying to decline the golden offer. “And beside, I’m seasick.”

“Lee!”

“No Jaejoong.”

Jaejoong slapped his forehead in frustration. In the past few weeks, Mr. Lee went under massive stress because of some antis who managed to sneak in to their exclusive village. He was the one who faced their grudge, trying to protect the family and he did it with a grand flourish

“It’s just three months. You can go back as our loyal butler again if you want. No one is taking this job away from you. Enjoy... find a girl!” Jae tried a different approach and hoped that’ll convince the old man.

“No.” Mr. Lee crossed his arms, not ready to retreat.

Jae sighed. “Uncle please? We will face the media anytime soon to clear our names. I’m sure that more people will try to sneak in this place just to get us and that will mean more stress to you. You’re getting old-“ It was too late for him to realized what he said.

“Who’s getting old Kim Jaejoong?” Mr. Lee snapped and glared at him. “Your father and I share the same age and this so-called vacation will just make my body weaker than facing your blood thirsty fans outside and one more thing, no one will handle all the chores here without me.” He said.

That made the younger man smile.

“Don't worry about that Lee, I have already advertised the need of a temporary butler.” He winked.

“What?”

“Genius eh? Applicants will soon arrive.”

“You’re joking.”

“I’m afraid I’m serious.”

“Kim Jaejoong.”

“Lee Seo Bin”  He smiled playfully, trying to piss the old man. He knew he was close to giving up.

Mr. Lee finally sighed. It was the moment that Jae was waiting for.

“Alright then, three months.”

Jae nodded victoriously.

“Three months.”

“In one condition.” Mr. Lee suddenly added.

“Huh?”

“I will personally chose and train the person who will temporarily take my position.” He said with head held up high.

“This will be bloody.”

 

 

 

“I’m Hwang Taecyeon.” One applicant bowed in front of Mr. Lee. Jae was right, applicants started pouring in when they read about the advertisement but none of them were aware that it was Kim Jaejoong who was in need of a butler.

“I’m from Busan and a great fan of DBSK!”

“Okay then.” Mr. Lee eyed the guy and his resume. “Thank you and we’ll just call.”

“That’s it?”

“Yes that’s it.” His expression was unreadable. “The door in on the far right corner of the hallway to your left.”

“B-but… I’m just starting up.”

“But I’m done. Good day Mr. Hwang.”

 

Time passed and 25 applicants went under the stick hands and watchful eyes of Mr. Lee, well not to mention his killer glares and harsh remarks.

“Brainless son of Adam.” He cursed loudly which made the newly arrive Jaejoong laugh.

“I heard that’s the 25th applicant.” He sat in front of the butler.

“Yes.” Mr. Lee said as he removed his black reamed glasses. “None of them met my standards.”

“You set your standards too high. I don't think it’s possible to even reach for them.”

“Well they have to if they want to be in my place.”

“You don't have to be that strict. The position is only open for a few months.”

“One wrong action and it would bring disaster, you know that very well my boy and having fanboys and fangirls giggling in the middle of interview was no joke and it made all this more difficult.”

Jaejoong understood Mr. Lee’s feeling. He stood as their father since his Appa died and he couldn’t give any flaw to his service and loyalty.

“Please.” Jae pleaded. “Don't hire fans as much as possible.”

“I know, that’s why I’m taking this very seriously.

“I'm counting on you Lee.”

 

 

The day was soon over and Mr. Lee, after 36 applicants called it as an unsuccessful day.

“Do we have a new butler?” Jaejoong was hoping. He just got out from his room to check on the lasts and based on the old man’s expression, his hopes went down.

“I’m sorry but I still can’t find the right person to fill in my shoes. None of them was qualified. Most became giggly when they found out that they will serve Kim Jaejoong.”

“I’m not losing hope.” He smiled. “Let’s continue it tomorrow.” He lazily sat on the couch on the living room. The sun was already out and that day brought no luck.  “I’ll help you find one tomorrow.” DBSK was once again free from any schedules thanks for the bombs that were thrown at them.

Mr. Lee was about to stand up when someone rang the bell. He opened it and a girl popped out.

“H-hi.” She bowed. “I read the newspaper and it said that you are in need of a helper.”

“A butler.” He corrected her.

She looked down but the determination was still up. She slowly handed him her resume with trembling hands.

Mr. Lee then scanned her from head to toe. He frowned at the way she dressed. She was obviously not form the city and she was carrying a huge suitcase with her, so huge that the whole house could fit in.

“I suppose your read all the requirements on the advertisement.” He said as he once again out his glass and read her resume, frowning at every words written on it.

“R-requirements?” she bit her lower lips for not reading those requirements. She got too excited when she learned that someone was in need of someone.

“Your penmanship is like that of an elementary pupil who is still learning how to write. Are you hoping to get hired because of this mess? And you arrived late.” he once again frowned, adding some wrinkles to his skin. “And some- no most of your word are misspelled.”

She looked away, ashamed and hurt with what the old man in front of her said. How can she tell him that she barely finished her elementary level and reading and writing is always a struggle?

“We need at least a high school graduate. Can read and write.” He started to recite all the requirements and her heart sank with every word mentioned in front of her innocent face.

 Jaejoong on the other hand was just listening from the inside. He didn’t want to interrupt him. He was sure that Mr. Lee knew what he was doing and he will hire the best one.

“At least 25-30 years old and by the look of you…” he raised his left eye brows and scanned her face once gain.

“I’m turning 23 soon.” She whispered, hope almost gone.

“You are just a little older than my master’s sisters. Are you skilled when in comes to household chores?”

She smiled and raised her head at that question. At last, there was something that she can answer.

“Very much sir.” That’s the only thing she was good at.

“Hmmm… But that’s not enough for you to get this job.”

And her heart finally gave up.

Jaejoong laughed silently at Mr. Lee’s attitude. He was giving the girl a hard time but for sure, he will just shoo her away like a wet chick.

“And the most important requirement is…” She wanted to cover her ears. She heard the word requirements too much.

“…You must be a guy so you can come again if you’re already a guy.”

And Jae was right, He shooed her away and closed the door right in front of her face.

But the girl never backed down. She took a deep breath and knocked at the door once again.

“Yes?” It was Mr. Lee.

“Sir, I know I’m not fit with some of your requirements-“

“Most of them actually.” He interrupted.

She sighed and continued.

“But I promise to do everything. I’m used with heavy and hard chores so I’m sure that I can do anything.”

“Oh really? I see otherwise.”

“Please.” She begged, ready to kneel down. “I came all the way from Jeju so please give me a chance.”

“Lee.” Jaejoong suddenly popped out behind him. “Why don't you give it a try? It’s okay for me if my butler is a girl.”

She looked up but didn’t even flinch. She saw Jaejoong and gave nothing but a blank reaction. Mr. Lee wrote that on his imaginary note. Jaejoong was obviously surprised.

“She’s too young for the job.” Still, Mr. Lee wasn’t convinced.

“But my skills are like that of a grown up man.” She insisted.

“Lee, it’s cold here. Why don't you let her in and ask whatever you want inside?”

Mr. Lee sighed and signaled the girl to go inside that huge house, the same time Jae went back to his room to rest.

 

 

“This doesn’t mean that you’re already accepted. I’m actually having third thoughts if I should hire you or not.” The butler explained. They were currently at the small office where all the applicants were interviewed and rejected.

“Please Sir, I won’t leave you disappointed.”

“Tell me about yourself.” And so the interview finally started.

She smiled and bowed.

“I’m Han Mi Young and I’m from Jeju where I worked as a fish delivery girl. I live with my Unnie and my Omma.”

“What brought you here?”

“Ah…” she reluctantly smiled. She was actually happy for the chance but she already missed home. “My. Unnie will soon enter a university and I want to help her pay for her expenses.”

“How about your parents? Are they working?” That was too personal but Mr. Lee suddenly felt the urge to ask her that question.

“Appa left us for another woman and Omma can’t work.”

The man nodded.

“If ever you’ll get hired, do you know who are you working for?” He looked at the girl intently, examining every moving muscle on her face. One wrong expression and she will surely be sent out of the door and it will be totally over for her.

“The guy a while ago?” she innocently asked.

“Who’s that guy?” He wanted to make sure. It was very easy to get fooled but it won’t allow it to happen to him.

“That guy?” She fell on a deep thoughts but nothing went inside her brain.

“Yes. That’s Kim Jaejoong.” He told her and eyed her like some kind of a criminal.

“Kim Jaejoong." she nodded without a single spark of anything on her eyes.

Mr. Lee secretly smiled.

“Does the name ring a bell?”

“Oh?” suddenly, her innocently eyes widened. “He’s a bell boy?”

“Huh?”

She then looked around, amazed on the richness that surrounded her. “He’s quiet rich for that job. Bell boys in Jeju are poor just like us. Maybe the salary here is far higher than in the province.”

Mr. Lee’s jaw dropped open.

“You got to be kidding me.” He hissed as he looked at the ceiling in disbelief.

“I’m sorry sir but this is the first time I've seen that guy and I don’t have any idea who he is.” She truthfully said, partly convincing him.

“Are you sure?”

“Uhm.”

“Well…” he finally stood and removed his glasses. “The interview is over. Now I have to see your so-called skills. Follow me.” He said and went to the state of the art kitchen that was about five ten times the size of their kitchen in Jeju.

 

Mr. Lee keenly observed her as she carefully washed the dishes on the sink. She was so careful not to let the expensive plate slip out of her hands.

After washing the dished, he told her to do other things. She wasn’t familiar with most of the kitchen gadgets but Mr. Lee decided that he will just teach her about that, aside from that, no major problems occurred during that observation.

Her forehead was wet with sweat but she’s still wasn’t sure about her fate.

“Well…” he started and she waited for the verdict to be read.

“Tomorrow will be your orientation and you will be under probation for three days. I want you to rest well and prepare for it. I don't want a lazy butler understand? Your room will be that door at the corner of that staircase.” He pointed at the room Jaejoong gave to Rei when she first arrived.

She looked up and smiled. She finally can breathe.

“Sir… does it means...” well, she wanted to make sure.

“Mr. Lee, call me Mr. Lee and yes Ms. Han, you will take over my place for three months while well…” he rolled his eyes. “…I explore the world.”

 

 

 

 

 

“Good Morning!” Saki happily greeted Mr. Lee and sat at the dinning hall.

“Good Morning Saki.” He smiled back.

“Pour some milk on her glass and be careful.” He then instructed the newly hired butler trapped in a maid’s uniform. The girl did what exactly she was told and Mr. Lee was satisfied which was quite rare.

“Hi!” Saki’ eyes widened and smiled at her. “I’m Saki… you are?”She offered her hand for a shake.

“H-Han Mi Young…” she bowed shyly, reluctant to get her but Saki took it and shake it giggly for her. She can’t help but to admire the Japanese beauty in front of her. Mr. Lee had informed her about some things she needed to know and some dos and don’ts to be followed inside that house.

“She will take my place for three months.” Mr. Lee informed Saki.

“Welcome!” she said, not looking at him. She was excited about Mi Young and she can’t wait to get to know her more.

“Jaejoong wants banana milk for breakfast but he doesn’t like it too cold in the morning.” One fact that made Mi Young laugh secretly. Jaejoong’s manly image was suddenly ruined by a small bottle of banana milk. It’s also her favorite but she wouldn’t dare to touch those dozen of bottles in the refrigerator.

“And lots of peppers on his eggs.” Saki winked at her and started to eat.

“Good morning!” They all looked to where the voice was coming from and they saw Jaejoong still in his pajamas.

“Speaking of the devil.” Saki smiled.

“A very handsome devil.” He smiled back and kissed her cheeks before he headed to his seat.

That was also the time that he noticed Mi Young. He suddenly turned serious.

“So I guess you finally made your decision.” He said to Mr. Lee.

The friendliness in his voice vanished and that made Mi Young step back. He was friendly last night but he suddenly turned cold and that surprised her a lot.

“Yes.” Mr. Lee nodded. “Introduce yourself.”he told Mi Young.

“G-good morning Master Jaejoong… I’m Han Mi Young and I’m from Jeju.”

“Wow Jeju? I’ve never been there.” Saki’s voice was full of enthusiasm but Jaejoong was showing otherwise.

He then had a strange feeling towards the girl. He didn’t fell it the first time he saw her but there was suddenly a feeling he couldn’t describe. The feeling was a mixture of anger and hate and he didn’t have a clue where it was coming form. It was a feeling he never felt for a long time.

 

 

 

 

 

 

*************************************************

Oh there.. I thought I wont get to finish it on time…

 

oh my gosh... i dont know where to start replying... but never the less... im so happy that you took time to read my fic... please support me till the end....gsoh.. i dont know what to say... love yah all.!!! and oh.... the weddint that i attended was a total disaster....hehe

so... who will be Jae's girl?

haha... too early to decide!!!!! remember... im a bad girl... haha

Love yah all…

 

Comments… suggestions and violent reactions are loved!!!!!!

 

 

 

aejae22

BY FATE