Daffodils

The Fallen's

 

“You left without a single word!” Hae Jun brayed at me, slamming her locker.

“I-i…” I trailed off as I didn’t know what to say or rather how to say it. Everything was just too implausible for me to accept let alone explain. The whole thing about Kai being a fallen angel. Can you believe it? The way Kai run’s faster than any human and how he actually managed to get me home without having to explain to Gramyma—which I still dunno how he did—These type of things do exist and if I’m still taking a long time to comprehend these stuff, how in the blazes am I going to tell Hae Jun what happened?

“You what, huh?! Let me guess, ‘I’m Kim Yon Jei and I’m like freakingly jealous that my best friend has like THE hottest boyfriend!’ she said, acting like me.

It took me a while to process what she had just said. “What?! You think I’m jealous?!”

“I don’t think, I know. It was like written all over your face yesterday.”

I gave a sarcastic laugh. She just activated the horrible part of me. “Well, I guess you’re wrong because I don’t go after douche bags, just so you’d know,” I shot at her.

Hae Jun was taken aback. “Oh, I didn’t know that,” she said derisively. “Because you hardly talk to a boy!”

“That’s cuz I ain’t a like you!” Gosh, this is going bad. by this time, there were a lot of students crowding around us in the hallway.

Hae Jun gasped. “Take that back. Now!”

I crossed my arms. I’ve had enough of from her ever since she started going out with that boyfriend of hers. And now’s the time to let everything out. “Never!”

Hae Jun raised her right hand. I knew where it was going to land but I didn’t budge because everything was too fast. I shut my eyes as much as I could, ready to feel her hand on my cheek.

But surprisingly, I felt some one holding my wrist. I opened my eyes to see Kai standing next to me blocking Hae Jun’s hand with his arm. I looked over at Hae Jun who was just so shocked with what was happening.

“Excuse me,” Kai said calmly as he walked through the crowd grabbing me along with him. I didn’t resist because I knew it was better to get outta there than to actually continue brawling with Hae Jun; the person whom I called friend, best friend.

I bit my lip as I was hurt by that thought. Never in my entire life have I ever imagined the two of us fighting over something small like this. It’s not like I left her all alone in the mall yesterday; at least she had her boyfriend with her.

“It’s okay, I’m sure the two of you will somehow make it up to each other. Well, that’s what I think girls do,” Kai said, still holding me by my wrist as we sat on the bench outside of the school building.

I was actually slow to realize that Kai was reading my mind. “Gosh, Kai. Stop reading my mind. I’m a girl you know. Where’s my privacy?” I asked feebly nudging him.

“No can do. I’m not going to waste this wonderful gift. What if it goes away?” he asked playfully.

I gave him a weak smile at his effort of cheering me up.

“Not working, eh?” he asked with an arched brow.

I shook my head making him chuckle which made shiver at the feeling that traveled within me. Then, silence took over. By now, I’m sure lessons had already begin but I don’t even feel like doing anything let alone sit in class with Hae Jun.

“I want to take you somewhere,” he said, breaking the silence.

I looked Kai, confused with what he said. “Where?”

“Just come would you?” he said standing up.

“O—okay. But just tell m—” I couldn’t finish my sentence because just then, everything became blurry and all I could feel was wind and a pair of arms all wrapped around my waist; making me somehow feel safe, protected.

“Just close your eyes if you feel scared,” I heard Kai whisper at my ear.

After minutes of nothing but the sound of wind gushing, we came to a stop. I opened my eyes and almost choked at the sight. It was magnificent.

The whole field was flooded with nothing but daffodils. I looked at Kai who had his eyes closed enjoying this wonderful moment and the peaceful feeling that this place had. A smile formed on his face and I don’t know what came over me that I said, “Beautiful.” Not at the scenery but at Kai.

 


A/N: i wasn't plannin to make Hae Jun and Yon Jei fight but it just came to me as i started writing. infact the whole daffodil scene was to happen at night, where Kai sneaks into her room but...i dunno why i didn't stick to that.

Anyways, there's more to come(obviously...gosh, i'm pathetic XD) so don't forget to subscribe those new readers :DDD

p.s i won't be updating for like 3 weeks cuz my final year exam starts next week so i'll have to start doing my last-min revision :)

Please don't be a silent reader and comment~~