Wedding Ring

Hopeless Romantic ; a collection

cr:livejournal,tumblr


She smiles as he slips the ring in her ring finger. Sighing dreamily, she feels excited for them. She still remembers the feeling when he did it to her. His smile, oh, he was so beautiful at the moment. His eyes lit up with so much joy that she thought he was the happiest man ever walk on earth.

“You may kiss the bride.” She hears the priest says. And that is her cue to walk out of the place because she promises herself not to witness it. The sea breeze makes her shiver. As she walks towards the shoreline, she hugs her body to make herself warm. Joohyun took off her heels and walk along the seashore.

Humming soft melody for her own comfort, Junmyeon is now someone else’s husband. She stares down at her finger. Their wedding ring, she still wears it up until now. Sighing, she ended up sitting on the ground. She faces the wide view of the sea, somehow, she feels relief. She tucks strands of her hair behind her ears, Junmyeon used to do it for her. Chuckling to herself she wonders when she will be someone else’s wife.

Witnessing Junmyeon’s wedding ceremony makes her happy but in the same time, she is hurts. Where did she done wrong. What happened to their happily ever after. It doesn’t exist in the first place you dummy. She scolded herself.

“Hey, Joohyun. You came.” A familiar voice greeted her from behind. She turns around to find his smiling face. She patted the space a few centimetres away from her. Indicating him to sit there and he did.

They sit in silence. Not an awkward silence by any mean, just comfortable enough for the both of them. “Thank you for coming.” He said.

She nodded “Yeah, sure. Thank you for the invitation, too.” She paused, “Your bride look so breathe taking today. I was amaze by her look. No wonder you fall for her hard.” She says calmly while playing with her wedding ring.

Silence surrounded them once again. Joohyun shifted a little, hugging her knees. She is wearing a long white dress. “I love the wedding theme.” She said while looking a head of her. She could feel him nodded next to her.

“Soojung choose it. It’s what she dreams of since she was kid, at least that what she told me.” Joohyun swear she could hear him smiling.  

“I’m pretty sure she told you the truth.” Joohyun turns to look at him. She smiles when he looks straight into her eyes. His gaze turns softer as he reaches out to ruffle her hair.

“Hey!” She protested, slapping his hand away. “Stop doing that.” She said.

He chuckles lowly. “Are we….okay?” His voice is almost like a whisper.

The side of curved upwards. “We’ll be okay.” She assured and she slipped out her wedding ring off her finger, gripping onto it in her fist tightly. You’ll be okay. I’ll be fine. She has the urge to say it out loud but she keeps it within her. She smiles.

Yes, we will be perfectly fine with our own life. She told herself.

“Junmyeon, I hope you won’t feel guilty over all of these.” She claimed. Junmyeon find her hand and hold it in his own. He nodded his head. He is staring into the sea. “I really mean what I’ve said Junmyeon. Don’t you ever feel guilty over what have happened to us, it’s not even your fault to begin with,” She pauses, inhaling a deep breath. “We thought we could make it through, but in the end of time, we know we were already broken after that incident.”

No one talk about that incident after it happened. They were happy, like they were on top of the world. He was going to be a father. They will have their own little family. But unfortunately, she had her miscarriage. He was broken hearted and she was frail as a glass. Nothing can be fixed but they tried their best. In the midst of healing the bleeding wound, he found someone new. Someone fresh and can give him a baby. Because she can’t gets pregnant after the second miscarriage. Yes, that’s how unfortunate her life is.

“I’m sorry.” He apologizes. See, that is why she refuses to talk about the miscarriages incident. She shakes her head.

“I told you not to be sorry. It happened and we changed. You found someone new and I’m having my own perfect life. You don’t have to be sorry, really. I just want you to know that, I’m happy with every little thing you did to me. I’m thankful to be married to you. Soojung’s lucky to have you. It’s unfortunates that what we have before end drastically. But remember this Junmyeon I’m never mad at you.” She concluded.

He sighs, squeezing her hand lightly. He brings it to his lips to kiss it. But before he could do it, she slips her hand out of his grip. “I don’t think that appropriate.” She shrugs. “And your bride is waiting.” She pointed at the slim figure not to far from where they sit.

“Joohyun thank you for being strong. I’m sorry because I walked out of your life after what we’ve been through.” He said, standing on his feet. “I can’t think of anything to pay my debt to you.” He claimed. Eyes still locked on her face.

She smiles. “There’s one thing that you can do for me.” She says softly. “Just be happy with your life. And I’ll pray for you.” She said. He nodded his head.

“Thank you.” He said before he walks towards his bride.

She opens her fist and stares at the infinity symbol wedding ring. Nothing will be the same. She stands up, purposely dropping the platinum ring without the intention to pick it up again. She takes one last glance towards the wedding party before walking out of the venue, walking out of his life forever.

 


A/N: This was supposed to be posted on last Sunday but something occured and I end up to post it today. Anyway, I haven't updated this collection for so long. I hope you enjoy this drabble/one-shot. This is boring and I'm not very confident with it. So yeah, leave some comment? Thank you for reading. -Aida