Chapter 13: Almost

"IF HE COMES BACK"

 

 

| Beach | 8:00 pm |

Ahnna’s POV

After 3 hours, we’re finally here! We took the room with 2 beds and complete appliances inside. We placed our things in the small cabinet then we started preparing the foods for dinner. Yina helped me preparing. Onew and Taemin are inside the room watching TV. After eating, we went outside to see the ocean. It was beautiful even though it’s already evening. I mean, the moon and the stars are reflected on the sea. And the sound of the waves is really relaxing. We set up a bonfire in the sand near the shore. Good thing Yina prepared hotdogs and marshmallows we can eat. The four of us sat around the bonfire and there, we stared chatting.

“What are you guys planning after graduation?” Yina started the conversation.

“I will apply in the best modelling agency here in Korea to be the best professional photographer. Hahaha.” Taemin answered.

“I still don’t know but I want to put up my own business. I’m still not sure.” I said.

“How about you namja oppa?” Yina asked.

“Hmm?” Onew seems to be not with us. He was thinking of something deeply. I bet he didn’t even here what we said.

“She’s asking you what you are planning to do after graduation.” Taemin explained.

“I don’t know. Maybe I’ll go back to states. Hahaha.” Is he kidding? I don’t like these kind of jokes.

“You want to go abroad again?” Yina asked.

“But what about Ahnna? You’re gonna leave her?” Taemin added. I could not look at him.

“I said I don’t know yet. Hahaha. Let’s change the topic. Taemin ah, how did you meet my cousin?” Okay he’s good at this. Changing topics.

“Oh that? I met her when we were in 1st year college. Ahnna’s not yet our classmate that time. I met Yina since we were classmates. Seatmates actually and she always ask me to lend her a pen or she copies my assignments that’s why I noticed her. Hahaha.”

“What the heck are you saying? You’re changing the story! You’re reversing it! It was actually him who always asks for a pen and copies my assignments! Hahaha.” Yina defended.

“Okay okay. Hahaha. She’s right.” Taemin chuckled.

“Did you like her the first time you saw her? Hahaha.” Onew asked again.

“Not really. She’s too loud. And she’s a bit childish.” Taemin said. Yina was just looking at the shore.

“How did you know you love her?” He asked again. What is this? A talkshow? Hahaha.

“I knew it when I told her I love her.” That’s a bit hard to understand. But his tone changed a little more serious. Yina’s still looking at the shore. I know she’s hearing everything and I know she’s feeling a bit awkward. It seems that these guys are having a guy-to-guy conversation in front of us.

“Ohh..Did she respond when you said that?” Onew asked curiously. What is he saying? This dork! Of course she loves him!

“Of course. But that was the last. She never repeated it. Hahaha.” Taemin chuckled. But I could feel that there is sadness in his eyes.

“Are you freaking serious? But you’re together for more than 2 years already right?” Onew said.

“Ya..Yina. Did you hear that? Why are you not telling him those words? Hahaha. That’s absurd.” He added.

“Hahahahaha. That’s alright. As long as I know she does.” Taemin uttered. But still, he’s getting a bit teary-eyed.

“Ya. Let’s walk. I want to go there!” Yina told Taemin.

“Let’s go! Hahaha.” Then she made him carry her on his back. Piggy-back ride. They’re really a weird couple.

*****

| 11:00 pm |

Yina’s POV

I heard everything. I know I never told him those 3 words after we were officially together. I only said it once. What can I do? I’m not that showy when it comes to words and feelings. But one thing I’m sure of, I love him, even though I don’t tell him.

Taemin’s POV

Walking here at the shore while holding hands with her is enough for me to say she’s only mine. But somehow, I still want to hear those words. I used to tell her I love her but she never says it back. She only smiles or hugs me as a sign of accepting it. When will she tell me those words again? Come on Yina..I love you..I want you to say you love me too.

 Now we’re here standing at the shore, looking at the sky as the stars and moonlight shine upon us. I love this view. And the fact that I’m with her, I just want to stay like this until the sunrise.

For few minutes we stood there in silence. I looked at her.

“Ya..” I whispered.

“Huh?” She looked at me curiously.

“I love you..” I told her as I held her other hand. Now we’re facing each other and holding each other’s hands. She smiled as usual. I’ve waited if she would respond. But she just looked at the sky again. Then there was silence again.

“Taemin ah..” She said softly.

“Hmm..” I uttered.  I did not look at her.

“Look at me.” She ordered but she said it with a soft tone of voice. I looked at her. She’s looking at me straight then she moved closer to me. She wrapped her arms around my neck, tip-toed, and closed her eyes. Then she kissed me. That was only the 3rd time our lips touched. I love the feeling she kisses me romantically in this scene. Now I know she really loves me. She just can’t say it.

After a few seconds, she released her lips from mine and looked at me eye-to-eye again.

“What did you tell me a while ago?” She asked.

“What did I tell you?” I asked back.

“Don’t mind it.” She’s a bit disappointed.

“I’m kidding. Hahaha. Of course I remember.” I said. She smiled.

Few seconds of silence strikes again.

“I love you Yina..” I told her. She smiled again. I’ve waited for a few seconds but she didn’t respond.

“Let’s go to the room now. I’m sleepy.” She said. Then we walked our way to the room.

Yina’s POV

He told it to me twice but I wasn’t able to tell him I love him too. What’s wrong with me? Yaaaaaaa!

We reached the room and we did not find Jinki and Ahnna there. I wonder where they are. But I’m sleepy now. I lied down on bed after cleaning up and changed into pajamas. Taemin was already sleeping. I brushed his hair with my fingers as I look at his innocent face.

“Taemin ah.. I’m sorry I couldn’t tell you this when you’re awake but I really really love you..” I’m sure he won’t hear me. He’s sleeping. I closed my eyes after saying that. And when my eyes were completely shut..

“I love you more..” He whispered. He heard me. He’s still awake. I opened my eyes when I heard that. His face was right in front of mine. He opened his eyes..

“Yina..can you repeat what you said? Please..” He begged.

“I..I..I love..you..” I uttered.

 “I’m so happy to hear that from you..I love you.” Then he moved his face closer ‘til our lips touched. I hugged him tight and he did the same. Then we fell asleep with smiles etched on our faces.

*****

Ahnna’s POV

It’s almost midnight but we’re still here on the shore walking. For hours we’ve been talking about memories we had since we we’re in highschool and now awkward silence keeps on coming our way.

“Ya.” He called me as I ran closer to the water.

“Why?” I looked at him and smiled.

“Where are you going?”

“I want to swim. Hahaha. Let’s swim!” I grabbed his hand and took him to the water. Then we started the water fight.

“Gyaaaaaaa! Hahahaha.” He kept on chasing me until we got into the deeper part of the sea.

“Hahaha. Catch me if you can! Hahaha.” I swam faster and dived under the dark water. I won’t let him catch me. Hahaha. I went up to see if he’s still chasing me but he isn’t. Where is he? I can’t find him. Then my heart started pounding fast. It’s not the same beat as when he’s trying to kiss me. It was totally different. I’m getting more nervous. Where is he? Is he trying to trick me? I don’t like this kind of joke.

“Onew ya!.” I started calling him. No response.

“Onew yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!” I tried to call him louder. I looked all over the place. Where is he? Now I’m feeling tears forming beneath my eyes.

“ONEW YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!” I screamed as loud as I can. I started crying.

“Onew ya! I don’t like this kind of joke!!!!!! Come out now please!” I begged. But still, I got no response. I started searching again. I looked to my right, left, in front, I looked back. I saw something, someone. It’s him! Oh my! He drowned! I swam immediately to where he was then when I got him, I took him to the shore. Oh my gad is he breathing?

He’s not moving. Immediately, went on top of him to do the CPR. 1, 1001, 1002, 1003, 1001… I repeated the cycle. I’m panicking now. Oh my.

“Onew yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Wake up!” I cried harder and did the cycle again. I placed my ears on his chest to hear if there’s a heartbeat. Then, I repeated the cycle again. I placed my mouth on his’ and blow as hard as I could to give him air. Then, I felt hands wrapped around my body. He’s alive! Thank gad he’s alive! Instead of CPR, it became a kiss. He started kissing me. I pulled myself up to see if he’s okay. Then he started laughing.

“Hahaha. You fell for that. Hahaha.” He laughed harder. I didn’t say a word but I’m sure I’m crying.

“Ya..” His laugh started to fade when he noticed I was crying. Still, I remained silent except from the sob that was produced because of my crying.

“Ahnna..” He said softly then he pulled me closer to him. He hugged me.

“I’m sorry..” He whispered. I pulled myself away and hit his chest with my small hands repeatedly.

“Aww. I’m sorry I’m sorry.” He stopped me. He pulled me back to his arms again. Then I started crying hard again.

“Don’t you even think of what I would feel before you did that?!” I said. Tears are flowing from my eyes down to my cheeks again.

“I’m..I’m sorry..it’s my fault. I won’t do it again..” He said after pulling me back to his arms.

“I don’t want you to leave me..” I whispered.

“I won’t.. Promise.. Never..” Then he kissed me again. Passionately..

 

 

 

I WROTE THIS MAYBE 2 YEARS AGO AND NOW I AM STILL NOT MAKING THE CHAPTER 14. GOSH. I WROTE THIS WHEN I WAS IN SECOND YEAR COLLEGE AND NOW I AM GRADUATING FROM COLLEGE. I REALLY WANT TO FINISH THIS COZ IT IS A STORY INSPIRED BY ONE OF MY BESTFRIENDS. ANYWAY, I WILL WRITE AS LONG AS I HAVE TIME BUT PLEASE UNDERSTAND OKAY. I PROMISE AND SWEAR TO FINISH THIS BEFORE I GRADUATE FROM COLLEGE. ARASSEO~~~ OH! AND PLEASE PRAY THAT WE ALL PASS THE BOARD EXAM :) THANK YOU SO MUCH MY DEAR READERS :)