oo5

As Long As You Love Me (HIATUS)

 

Kyungsoo was staring at the ceiling of the hospital, feeling drowsy due to the sedative that the nurses had injected him with. Twelve stitches on the bottom of the feet and one across the cheek tainted the white, smooth canvas with of crimson from a fury-encased hand. But the artist did not mind, for it was his work anyway. It was him. 

 

Slowly turning his head to his left, Kyungsoo could see Baekhyun was dozing off as the male sat there, head perched on his arms against the side of the bed. With not much energy left, Kyungsoo struggled to sit up as inconspicuously as possible, although Baekhyun's senses seemed to be more alert for the little movement immediately woke him up. Baekhyun supported Kyungsoo into the position that his friend wanted.

 

Silence. It was lethal, but Kyungsoo's sobbing and barely comprehensible words were ammunition and bombs simultaneously entering their open window.

 

All Baekhyun could do was apologize for a situation that he was not even a tad responsible for and give Kyungsoo a hug. Only that nothing could lift Kyungsoo's spirits up. There were only tranquilizers, and anodyne would not work. At least not for stabbed chests and perforated hearts.

 

"Ssh, it's okay," Baekhyun said for the nth time, hoping that Kyungsoo would just fall asleep and let himself rest. It had been a long day.

 

"Liar," Kyungsoo shook his head. "It's not and it won't be. I know it won't be. He—Jongin—he kicked me out and he—what about—I don't know where I went wrong, Baekhyun. Why was I not enough? What even changed? What do I have to change? Maybe I should be more attractive—he might have found someone w-who's skinny—I should be skinnier. I must have been getting fat—ha." Despite Kyungsoo not making that much sense anymore, Baekhyun was still there. And he did his best to understand what his friend was saying. He swallowed hard—hard enough to keep him from crying because Kyungsoo needed him. Because he had to be strong enough. Stronger than the crash that dismantled Kyungsoo.

 

"You're perfect, Kyungsoo. You didn't have to change. Jongin just changed," Baekhyun rubbed Kyungsoo's back.

 

"I wish I could change too, Baekhyun. I wish I could do it overnight, or I could have prepared myself beforehand. I wish he could've warned me; 'Kyungsoo, I'm going to hurt you so bad, and I'm telling it right now because who knows, it might lessen the pain'. But who am I kidding? It wouldn't make a difference, because my heart on Jongin's sleeve just keeps on growing and growing and that's so pathetic because his heart is not on mine anymore," and Kyungsoo said all of these slowly for he was too feeble to speak with persuasion. "I wish I could steal his heart and sew it back on my sleeve."

 

A too-broken Kyungsoo snatched away pieces of Baekhyun; the Baekhyun with the bright smiles, the Baekhyun with hugs not made out of comfort, the Baekhyun who entrusted Kyungsoo's future on Jongin's palms. He just listened to Kyungsoo until Kyungsoo finally was in deep slumber. And in those hours that the drug was working, Baekhyun promised that he would take care of Kyungsoo until Kyungsoo was not anymore the shards of ceramic that he was when Baekhyun arrived in the house.

 

- - - - -

 

The day was long, and so was the night. It seemed as though the milliseconds had turned into minutes with how Jongin downed the beer, walked towards his room, and pulled out an antique, maple wood box out of the corner, seemed to be in slow motion. As soon as his hands came into contact with the box, Jongin was certain that there was no turning back. He might have been weighed down with conflicting emotions hitching a ride on his back, but anger reigned, with it becoming his temporary soul.

 

And then the minutes turned into hours when Jongin took out the black and silver Ruger P345 gun, eyeing the beauty of its capability. How it could end someone's present and distort someone's future. Or, in some cases where it was raining miracles after a millennium, it could bring peace to someone.

 

Jongin could feel the rain as he headed to his car, placing the gun into the pocket of his trench coat.

 

- - - -

 

Jongin took advantage of the knowledge that Kyuhyun told him; use the back entrance because it's past work timeit's not locked, no one monitors itand I don't want people to disturb us when I'm ing you. Caution was at the bottom of his feet until he reached the elevator. Fortunately, it was far enough for its chime to be audible enough for the guards at the front. He the gun in the pocket, pondering about how everything was once merely for pleasure, about the possibilities had he not been such an idiot. Actually, it wouldn't have to be this way if not for Kyuhyun declaring Jongin as his without Jongin's consent. Kyuhyun, the responsible for Jongin's fame and pain and all the sophistication. He was sick, and he had vowed that he would stop at nothing to keep Jongin.

 

But how could he even keep Jongin when in the first place, Jongin was Kyungsoo's? Jongin made it clear, revealing more of the evil in Kyuhyun with a, "you may have my body, but you will never have my heart." The reminiscences were bitter, and Jongin was gripping on to the gun as he stepped out of the elevator.

 

He didn't even bother knocking on the door, just like the old times. He didn't even bother locking it at all. Madness, the longing for answers and revenge, was apparent on his face and Kyuhyun didn't even look a bit anxious at what Jongin might have in his pocket. In fact, he even had a smirk traced across his lips as he approached Jongin.

 

"I knew you'd come," another step closer, "and that you'd done what I wanted you to do.

 

When Kyuhyun was inches away from him, Jongin took out the gun and pointed it at Kyuhyun's forehead. "And I'm about to do what I wanted to." It was only after what seemed to have been five minutes that a gunshot was heard, and the soft voices coming from the only room in the seventh floor being occupied at the moment had died away, like the lifeless body on the floor.

 

Revenge is sweet but victory is sweeter.

 

- - - - -

A/N: We're so sorry for the late update! We've been busy with college and finals and work and ugh finally we were able to have a break today so we updated! Hope you enjoy this update! We don't know when we'll be able to update again but please stay with us ;A; We love you guys so much!! ^-^

P.S. I wonder if you can figure out what's going on up to this point in the story? We at trying to leave things a mystery so you guys prolly know already T^T

Comment and subcribe if you like the story so far! :3