Volleyball

The Popular Students - EXO?

 

“Jeong-Ah! Where are you?”

 

“I’m at the school with Myung-Sun! Hurry up!”

 

“She’s still walking,” you told Myung-Sun, sighing. School started in fifteen minutes and Yeong-Hee hadn’t arrived yet.

 

“She’ll come! Just wait!” Myung-Sun replied, smiling. You giggled and sat back down on the bench, Myung-Sun doing the same.

 

It was your second week at KNUA. So far, nothing had happened much – you had progressed with all of your school work, attended singing class and gone shopping afterschool with Myung-Sun and Yeong-Hee occasionally. On the EXO side of things, Kai had continued to annoy you, sit next to you and call out to you in the middle of class. He constantly kissed you on the cheek, but fortunatly, didn't have nerve yet to kiss you on the lips. You were constantly getting looked at by girls you didn’t know, but you weren’t bothered by it. Sehun and you talked more often, but he still stayed the mysterious boy he always is.

 

“Jeong-Ah! Myung-Sun!”

 

You looked up to see Yeong-Hee running down the path to the school gates. Standing up, you waved at her. Yeong-Hee crossed the road before running up to you and hugging you.

 

“Ah, it’s good to be back after a weekend!” She sighed, stretching her arms.

 

Myung-Sun stared at her, jaw dropped.

 

“You’re happy to be back?” she asked, laughing. “It’s terrible! With EXO, and everything. Unless it’s that Chanyeol kid you like.”

 

Yeong-Hee blushed, wiping her cheek. “No, no! I just… don’t really like weekends.”

 

Myung-Sun laughed. “Haha, you can say that! Should we go in?”

 

The three of you walked through the school gates, walking down the pathway into the corridors to get to the lockers. You walked past a girl who looked  up and down at you, scoffing.

 

“Ignore it,” Myung-Sun murmured to you, pushing you through the corridor. “They’re just mad, because you’re dating Kai.”

 

You walked over to your locker, typing the code before opening it, looking through your books.

 

“We’re not even dati—”

 

“Hi, you’re Kang Jeong-Ah, right?”

 

You looked to your left to see a girl, a few inches shorter, looking up at you. Her heels were extremely tall and her eyeliner made her look like a raccoon. You nodded slowly to her question.

 

"Ah," she replied, patting you on the shoulder with her manicured nails, before turning to you and murmuring, "Be careful... Kai cheats alot."

 

She looked at Yeong-Hee and scoffed. "By the way... you, you have alot of split ends."

 

Once she walked off, Yeong-Hee turned to look at Myung-Sun.

 

"Who is she?" she asked closing her locker door. "She comes off as rude."

 

Myung-Sun laughed before shutting her locker. "Rude? Of course she's rude, she's more than rude. She's the most popular girl in the school, and I can bet you she's dated all the guys in our year 3 times each. She's Jeung Mi Sook."

 

Jeung Mi Sook? Where is that familiar from?

 

You shook your head before turning to Yeong-Hee. "What do we have first?"

 

"Sport," she replied, before the three of you walked down to the courts.

 

---

 

"Okay! Today we'll be playing Volleyball!" Mr Kim shouted across the stands, filled with students.

 

"Again?" Baekhyun called from the seats behind you. Everyone turned to look. 

 

"Yes, again," Mr Kim replied, rolling his eyes. "Get yourselves into three equal teams, red, blue and green. Red versus blue first, green on the sidelines. Let's go!"

 

After Mr Kim called, the students all got up off the stands, the sound of students chattering loudening. After finding yourselves with Yeong-Hee and Myung-Sun, you were put into the red team, along with other girls and guys in your class you weren't familiar with. Team Blue was EXO, Jeung Mi Sook and other popular girls, and the Green team was students who didn't really care about sport.

 

"Positions!"

 

You walked over and stood next to Yeong-Hee.

 

"Chanyeol looks so dreamy, doesn't he!" she said, jumping up and down to warm up.

 

"Yeong-Hee?"

 

"Yeah, what?"

 

You stared at her before she realised what she said out loud.

 

"I don't like h-him!"

 

You laughed before patting her on the back. "It's okay! It's pretty obvious, Yeong-Hee."

 

She sighed. You turned to look at Mr Kim, who was walking up to the middle of the sidelines, holding his whistle. The blue team was warming up on the other side of the net. Sehun waved at you and you waved back.

 

"Red team versus Blue Team. Go!"

 

The Blue team served first, Baekhyun holding onto the ball. In one hit, it flew across the net, a boy from the back of your team sending it back to the blue team. Chanyeol took control, hitting the ball over to your side.

 

"Yeong-Hee! Get it!"

 

Yeong-Hee snapped out of her thoughts, and on reflex, jumped to her right, hitting the ball with her fists. The ball flew to the other side of the net, no members of the Blue Team able to catch it.

 

"Good Job, Yeong-Hee!" You and Myung-Sun shouted, running up to her. 

 

The blue team were pissed off, but Chanyeol stood there and smirked. He shook his head before shouting,  "Yeong-Hee noona! That was a good hit!"

 

Yeong-Hee blushed.

 

"Thanks!" She called over the net, before turning to you and Myung-Sun, smiling as if she had won the lottery. 

 

"H-he's so nice!" she said, before jumping up and down. You and Myung-Sun laughed before Mr Kim called out again.

 

"Red team 1, nl! Red team serves!"

 

Yeong-Hee passed the ball to you. You served it and hit it across the net, flying straight to Mi Sook. Skillfully, she sent it back to Myung-Sun, who hit it across to Kai. This continued for a few minutes, and you weren't in contact with the ball for the whole time.

 

You watched the Blue Team as Kai and Kyungsoo laughed at each other, Kai constantly looking at you. Sehun was standing in the corner, not doing much.

 

The girls on the team, on the other hand, were into the game and obviously trying to impress EXO. But then you realised something weird between the girls; they were looking at you constantly, as though you were prey, and you were unsure why. Jeung Mi Sook, the one who talked to you earlier, had pointed at the other girls, nodded,  before serving the ball.

 

And that's when you remembered where you heard her name before.

 

"I nearly got a one-night-stand with Jeung Mi-Sook and she thought I was a because you kicked me in my junk. Thanks a lot."

 

And before you knew it, the volleyball hit you straight on your head. That was all you remembered before you out.