Heartbeat

The Popular Students - EXO?


thankyou for reading ♥

filler chap^^

i'm on break now, so that means more chapters will be coming!

-xxharachixx

 

 

"The students and staff of the Korean National University of Arts gathers here today to remember and celebrate the life of Jeung Misook, who took her life on the night of the 20th of May."

 

You sat in the chairs next to Myungsun, Sehun, Kai, Chanyeol, Baekhyun and Suho, looking down onto the floor, fiddling with your fingers in your lap. The whole school had gathered in the assembly hall after the news of Misook's death had spread. You could hear the sobbing of her friends in the back of the hall. Kyungsoo wasn’t at school, and it wasn’t suprising; after the interview you hadn’t seen him once.

 

"Her family have asked to keep the funeral private, and only her close friends have been asked to attend. For those who knew her and would like to have counselling, please come up to the office after. Classes will be on, but students are allowed to skip today if they feel compelled to do so. You are dismissed."

 

The students started to stand up and walk down the aisles, flooding out of the hall. None of you uttered a word. Even though the group of boys despised Misook and what she did, they used to be close to her and were struck by her death, even the slightest bit. You made your way over the the benches, everyone sitting down around on the seats. No one bothered going to their classes, and neither did you or the rest of the group. Everyone ate silently until Baekhyun spoke.

 

"Where's that  Kim Junghye girl? Ever since Kai beat the out of her ugly face, she hasn't come back to school."

 

Kai nearly choked on his food. "No one knows. She just left."

 

"Where do you think she went?" Yeonghee asked, clinging onto Chanyeol's arm. Everyone shrugged.

 

"I heard she comes from overseas. Maybe she went back there?" Suho offered, looking up from his phone. 

 

"No way, thats not possible," Kai said, shaking his head and adjusting his cap. "She's probably just gone to Busan to hide." You looked up at Kai and he kind of half-smiled that slightly lit up the sad mood. You turned your head and saw Baekhyun whisper something in Myungsun's ear, to which she shook her head and looked down.


"What-chu talking about?"

 

Baekhyun sighed. "...Nothing."

 

"Really? Then why did Myungsun just shake her head?"

 

"Because I asked her something."

 

"Well, that just completely voids the question I just asked. What are you talking about?"

 

"Jeongah, I'll tell you later," Myungsun said, smiling at you. You sighed and nodded, agreeing with her. Something was going on between Myungsun and Baekhyun, and you were eager to find out what.

 

--

 

You unlocked the door, wiping your shoes on the mat before pushing it open and taking a few steps inside, shutting the door behind you. You pressed the light switch, the bulb flickering above you, illuminating the hallway of your boyfriend's apartment. You took your shoes off and walked down the hallway, throwing your bag onto the floor and taking your school blazer off and putting it on the table. Letting out a sigh you fell onto the couch, rolling your sleeves up and ruffling your long hair, your eyes fluttering closed and your thoughts fading into the darkness of slumber. You were awoken hours later by sounds in the room.

 

"I didn't know you had come home yet Jeongie," the voice said, detectable among millions. Your vision came back and you looked up at the tall figure standing in front of you, his hair tousled and uniform dishevled. He leaned down onto the couch and lay down next to you, stretching his arms, letting out a light yawn.

 

"You look tired. Did Jongin make you do his homework again or something?"

 

He laughed. "No... I'm just tired." 

 

You looked at the boy, his dark circles evident under his eyes. "Well, you should go to your room then. Get some sleep."

 

He shook his head, snaking his arms around your waist, his hands clasping together behind your back. "It gets so cold in there sometimes. But it's warm here, and I like it. I'd rather stay here with you than in my bedroom."

 

A blush creeped up your cheeks, your heart starting to race. You sighed and nuzzled into his chest, all the stress evaporating from your mind. He brought a hand to your neck, slowly brushing the hair away from your face. You just stayed like that - not uttering a word, just enjoying each other's company.

 

"I'm so happy to finally be with you," you mumbled into his chest after a few minutes had past.

 

"Me too," he mumbled, running his fingers through your hair. "I apologise it took so long to finally work everything out. But now we're together, and there's nothing that will get in our way."

 

"I know, Sehun-ah," you replied, moving your hand up to his waist and settling it there. "I'm sorry for leaving you after the performance. It put me through a lot of pain, and I know it did for you as well. It was very selfish of me-"

 

"Stop thinking about all of that," Sehun interrupted, placing a finger against your lips, shushing you. "Go to sleep, now. It's late."

 

You nodded and smiled as he placed a kiss against your forehead, the clock ticking in the corner of the room the only sound you could hear except for his faint heartbeat beating in his chest. The lights of the buildings of Seoul lightened up the sky as it got darker outside the window of his apartment, the two of you finally falling into a light slumber.