Examination

The Popular Students - EXO?

 

Here's chapter 32 for you guys ^^ If you need to.. read chapter 30 again so you can recap on what happened~ Thankyou for waiting...  I apologise again >__< -xxharachixx


 

"I'm sorry for calling you here at such late notice," Mrs Jeong apologised, ushering you to sit down on one of the leather covered seats in her office. You put your bag down and sat at the seat in front of the table, your mood still at a low.

 

"As you may have heard already, Misook's suspension has ended and she has resumed school as of today," she said. "I'm very sorry to tell you this. That experience you had a few months ago must've been very traumitizing to you, your familiy, and your friends."

 

You nodded quietly and let Mrs Jeong continue. "We've already warned her that any suspicious activity between her and yourself may result in an expulsion. We are trying to keep you as safe as you can be."

 

"Thankyou," you mumbled, reaching a hand behind your back to touch your neck awkwardly. 

 

"If there is anything you need to ask, or if you need to report something, feel free to tell me anytime you want."

 

You nodded again and stood up before shaking her hand, slinging your bag over your shoulder and walking out of the office into the corridor flooding with students. The news of the schools popular girl coming back had spread, and because you were the main reason why she had left, everyone was paying attention to you as well. Walking through the corridors back to the benches where you and the others sat was harder than usual; stares from students were piercing into you. You pushed past people in the corridor and walked down the steps out into the open, looking over where Yeonghee, Myungsun, Chanyeol and - to your suprise, Kai - were sitting. As you walked towards them, you could tell all of them knew what was going through your head. You put your bag on the table and slumped down onto the bench, putting your head on the table and letting out a groan. You felt someone scoot over next to you and they patted you on the back.

 

"Ignore her," you heard Yeonghee whisper. "She's going to do whatever she can to make you scared."

 

You pulled yourself back up and looked over to where Misook was sitting. The group of girls were all standing around her, chatting and letting out fake laughs. Kai snapped his fingers infront of you and you looked over at him.

 

"Yah, stop looking at them."

 

"Sorry," you mumbled, looking down. "She's just..."

 

"Stop thinking about her. It'll only make you more sad, OK?" He crooned, before looking back down at his studies.

 

The next few days consisted of working, studying, eating, and the occasional text to Myungsun, Yeonghee or Kai. Every morning waking up to begin studying for the upcoming tests, you would look at the mirror at your and the large scar that still ran across your left shoulder, the sharp sensation of the knife stabbing into your skin replaying every time you looked at it. Your mother was worried for your wellbeing because you barely got any sleep the past few days,  but you put up with it because you needed to get full marks for the tests. You couldn't concentrate very well because the thought of Misook lingering around at school stuck in your mind, but you pushed through.

 

Eventually the morning of the tests had come. Instead of applying makeup in the morning like usual, you shoved a tube of BB cream and mascara into your bag to not waste time, and brushed your hair a few times before grabbing a piece of toast, saying good bye to your parents and running out of the house. Yeonghee and Myungsun wanted to get to the examination early to get good seats.

 

"Welcome students," an angry looking ahjusshi shouted out into the hall, hair and clothes messy. "You have 2 hours to complete the examination. Don't look at other students work, and - oh whatever, you kids know what to do. You can start now."

 

The test went past in a blur. You finished 15 minutes before the 2 hours was done, giving time to look back over your work. You looked around the hall when you were done at all the other students still scribbling down answers to the questions. Your eyes darted over to the group of boys sitting to the left of the exam hall, still in the midst of finishing their tests. Sehun looked tired and sickly, his face pale. I feel sorry for the poor guy, he must be working hard. I wish I could just go up to him and hug him-

 

You shook yourself out of your thoughts. What the hell am I thinking? I need to get over him. 

 

"Pens down," the ahjusshi shouted across the hall. Pens clanging onto the tables filled the room, the ahjusshi coughing into the microphone. "Left side may leave."

 

You stood up and looked over to Yeonghee who was sitting behind you the whole exam. "It was so difficult for me," she mumbled, putting her bag on her shoulder. "What about you?"

 

"It was easy," you responded. "I guess the studying has paid off." 

 

Myungsun caught up with you and Yeonghee and patted you on the shoulder. "I saw who you were looking at near the end of the exam," she giggled. 

 

"Shutup," you said jokingly, hitting Myungsun on the back. "I was looking at Kai."

 

"Like that makes any difference."

 

You rolled your eyes and continued to walk with the two of them. "Misook seemed to have noticed, too."

 

"Misook seemed to have what?"

 

Myungsun bit her lip. "Near the end of the exam, she was looking at you, she was a few seats in front of me, right? She said something to her friends and they all laughed."

 

You let out a groan and continued walking. I bet they were laughing at me.

 

--

 

Misook lifted up my body with her strong arms, throwing me onto the concrete, the floor cutting and slicing into my skin. My fingers clenched together as her shoes slammed into my ribs, breaking more after each hit. The pain was unbearable and I thought I was going to die as the blood started to pool on the concrete below me, my eye sight starting to fade. "You !" she screamed into my ears, over and over again. I felt limp and weak as I looked up and saw her face looking down at me. She was trying to kill me. She wrapped both fingers around my neck and squeezed, the blood draining, I couldn't see, I couldn't hear, I couldn't breathe. I was going to die. She took one final slam into my rib cage and I inhaled sharply -

 

You sat up in your bed quickly, your body covered in sweat. You were hyperventilating, your body shaking. Taking a few breaths to calm down, you realised you were at home in your bed - you were safe. Standing up slowly, you walked over to your table and poured yourself a glass of water, before sipping the cold liquid down your throat, calming you down. You put the glass onto the table and looked to the blinds; it was pitch black outside. You pressed your palms on the table after the ordeal. It seemed so vivid and so realistic to just be a nightmare. Slowly, you walked back to your bed and lay back down, trying to force yourself back to sleep.

 

--

 

BZZT. BZZT. BZZT.

 

Your phone woke you up out of your slumber. Why is someone calling me at 1 AM  in the morning? You wondered, before sitting up and grabbing your phone off the table and holding it up tiredly to your ear.

 

"Hello?" 

 

There was no voice on the other end. 

 

"Hello?" You asked again, fiddling with your bed sheets between your fingers. You waited again, but there was no reply. Confused, you hung up and put your phone down and lay back down again.

 

BZZT. BZZT. BZZT.

 

You groaned and sat up again and put the phone to your ear. "What do you want? I'm trying to sleep."

 

There was a static noise on the other end, then the sound of heavy breathing.

 

"A storm is approaching, Kang Jeongah," the male voice said with a harsh voice. "Lock your windows. You don't know who's going to come... and find you." The voice let out an eerie laugh before the line went dead.