OneShot (of Tequila) Part 1

OneShot (of Hyunmin) and other drinks!

 

Hyun Joong was in a middle of a meeting when his iphone rang.

 

"Hello"

 

"Hey, it's me."

 

"I know. What's up? Why did you call?" Hyun Joong replied while looking at his watch. He had to go to another meeting in 10 minutes.  

 

"Is that how you greet me? We haven't seen each other for three months for god sakes." Somin said. She was disappointed of Hyun Joong's response.

 

Hyun Joong took a deep breath and said in a low tone, "Somin, I am sorry. I am in the middle of a meeting, and I have another one in 10 minutes. I'll call you back as soon as I get the chance, okay?"

 

"But... "

 

"I have to go. The next meeting is about to start. Bye!" Hyun Joong turned down the ringer of  his phone and went inside the conference room.

 

Somin looked at her phone. "He hung up on me." She stared at her phone for 5 minutes and weakly laid down on her bed.  “Well it was my  fault for calling him when I know he is busy… pabo Somin!... but he sounds so cold”. She hugged her pillow, tightly “Hyun Joong I miss you, I don't understand what's going on between us." Tears started to form in her eyes.

 

Two days have passed and Somin didn’t get any call from him. She was very upset.  “I’m not going to call you”… Deep inside, she's hurting.  “Ahh Hyun Joong, Why  are you not calling me?… I’m waiting for you, I miss you."

 

Hyun Joong was watching the evening news while having dinner. The news was interrupted by   SK - II skin care commercial. Somin's face appeared on the screen. A smile suddenly formed on his face.

 

"She's so beautiful". Hyun Joong reached for the remote control and pressed the freeze button. He stared at the screen for a long time and sighed. He was feeling a little uneasy thinking about his relationship with her. Finally, he picked up his iphone and dialed Somin's number.

 

"Hello"

 

"Hi, it's me" Hyun Joong said in a low voice. "How are you?"

 

Somin did not answer. Hyun Joong could hear her slow breathing.

 

"Can I see you tonight?" he asked.

 

Hyun Joong heard a sigh.

 

It took a while for Somin to answer. "Okay. Are you hungry? I could prepare something light."

 

"No, I'm full. I just had my dinner.  Thanks. See you soon."

 

After 45 minutes....

 

Somin opened the door of her penthouse apartment when she heard the door bell rang. She was excited but at the same time didn’t know how to act in front of him; they didn’t see each other after a long time. “Would he be like a stranger now?" she wondered. She smiled weakly and gave Hyun Joong a peck on the lips. He pulled her closer to him and gave her a quick hug.

 

"Come in".

 

"How are you? " He asked casually.

 

Somin looked at him and gave him a sarcastic smile.  "Hmmm, I am alright I guess. Do you want something to drink?".

 

"Yes. Merlot if you have it." Hyun Joong looked around with hands in his pant-pocket admiring Somin's elegant apartment.  

 

While pouring the red wine, Somin watched Hyun Joong closely. "He looks tired and sad."

 

"Here" She handed him the wine glass.

 

"Cheers" both said. They sipped their wine while eyeing each other quietly, not saying anything. “Cheers for what?” Somin thought. Her eyes were sad.

 

"I am surprised you remembered to call me." She finally broke the silence.

 

"I am sorry. I've been very busy." He said quietly.

 

"Too busy for even a 5-minute call?". She felt a little pinch in her heart. She cleared .

 

Hyun Joong looked down.

 

"Hyun Joong," Somin moved closer to him. "What happened to you, to us? It seems like you have no more time for me. You hardly call me". She waited for a response, but she did not get any.

 

"Do you love me?”. She bravely asked. She might not like his answer but she wanted to know.

 

"Somin, I ..." He put down the wine glass and faced her. He held her hands tightly and looked directly into her eyes “I don't know how to say this... I care about you... a lot... but ... not the way you want it. I think is better If we just be friends".

 

"Ha ha ha" Somin gave a sarcastic laugh and covered her face with her hands. Her shoulders started to shake and tears rolling fast down her cheeks.

 

“Somin. I am sorry". He wrapped his arms around her.

 

"Please don't." she got up and walked out to the balcony. She bit her lips while crying. She did not want Hyun Joong to hear her cry.

 

After few minutes, Hyun Joong followed and said. "Somin. I'm sorry. I don't want to hurt your feelings, but it is best for us to just remain friends. There's nothing I can offer to you right now but friendship."

 

"Are you kidding me Hyun Joong? You made me believe that you love me.  Why suddenly you were avoiding me, and now you are telling me that you want us to be just friends? Did you ever love me at all? Answer me?  Was it all a lie? What did I do to you to deserve this from you?" She cried. She did not care if she looked pathetic in his eyes... she didn't care anymore!

 

Hyun Joong pulled her towards him and let her cry on his shoulder. When she stopped sobbing, he lifted her chin with his finger to make her look at him. "Somin" his voice cracked when he saw her teary eyes, she was in pain, and he was causing it. He swallowed hard.

 

"No, don't say anything anymore. I don't want to hear it. I think you should leave." Somin pushed him, walked back inside and open the door for Hyun Joong. 

 

"Can we still see each other as friends?  He asked in a whisper and looking sad.

 

"I'm sorry." She shook her head vigorously. "I don't think that's possible. Good bye Hyun Joong." She closed the door and sat on the floor with her back resting against the door. She clutched her chest and cried. "Why, why, why?... Why did I fall in love with someone who   doesn't love me back? A friend? Is that possible the way I felt for him? Being introduced in public as a close friend but never his lover, the woman of his life was hurtful enough."

 

Tears dropped from Hyun Joong's eyes as soon Somin closed the door. He punched the wall near the  door. “It's better this way, isn’t it?" He asked himself. " It’s what you want!" ... again he reminded himself. “I’m really sorry for hurting you” he whispered.

 

Somin looked at herself in the mirror. "You are pathetic Somin. Look at you... a successful model, an heiress, but a failure in love. You have everything except the man who is in your heart and soul". She poured more wine then raised the wine glass and said while staring at herself in the mirror... “Congratulations Somin for a job well done. You cannot even keep a boyfriend next to you". She laughed hysterically while tears kept on rolling down her cheeks. “You", pointing at herself in the mirror, "Next time...you find a man that truly loves you and who is not afraid to introduce you as the woman of his life. No more man for you like Kim Hyun Joong,  a famous Hallyu star." She finished the whole bottle of wine and cried herself to sleep, lying on the sofa.

 

-------------------------------------------------------

So here's first chap dear HyunMins.

Your comments are always welcome!.. leave some love!!

Sorry for the grammar errors!!

Have fun!