Chapter 7

Enemies? or Lovers?
 

 


 

 

Dara and Jaejoong pointed their guns at each other. Each trying to assess the other with each of their index finger stilled on the trigger of their guns. They were both itching to pull the trigger but something tells them not to.

 

‘What the f***? Who’s this? What’s with the white mask?’ Jaejoong thought, gun still pointed at Dara.

 

‘Black mask? The same people at Gwangju Border? Sh*t!’ Dara remembered.

 

“Girls, we have uninvited guests. I think they’re also targeting The Hummerhead,” Dara announced and all the three girls began to search the area.

 

“Su, do you know any organization that uses white masks?” Jae asked through the speakers.

 

“I don’t know any, hyung,” Junsu answered while focusing on his laptop. He was able to detect each of the girls’ location through the girls’ weapon signature.

 

“Guys, there are four of them,” Junsu informed. “The other ones are hiding inside the white van, behind the yellow Mercedes, and beside the pink Volkswagen.”

 

“Sh*t! They’re just right in front of us!” Yoochun exclaimed and all of them alerted themselves.

 

“Unnie! There are five of them and all are in front of us, hiding behind the cars!” Minzy announced and all of them clutched their guns tightly.

 

Dara’s eyebrows creased deeper and focused in front of her. “Get ready, girls. I think there’ll be war before accomplishing our mission,” he said. Bom and CL then prepared themselves.

 

Just when they were ready to annihilate the other, the elevator beeped and out came their target. Jaejoong and Dara immediately turned their attention to him. Forget the enemy but not the mission.

 

Kang Hyunwoo came out of the elevator with securities surrounding him. His head was bowed down as he walk, following the securities’ lead. He seemed to be rather tensed and would occasionally glance on each of his side.

 

Dara and Jae was about to pull their trigger when suddenly a car screeched its way past them. It stopped just in front of their target and open fired immediately. 2ne1 and DBSK instantly ducked their heads and hid deeper behind the cars trying not to get hit.

 

After several seconds, the firing stopped. Dara immediately peeked at the scene in front and was just in time to see the person sitting at the front sit of the car with a revolver on his hand. The guy seemed to sense that someone was looking at him for he glanced towards Dara’s location. His eyebrows arched up in amusement. He gave her a knowing smile before the car went out of sight. Her eyes widened upon realizing who it was and tears began to fall on her face.

 

“Ch-Choi S-Siwon….” Dara stuttered and the three girls heard it.

 

Bom and CL dropped their guns and immediately went to Dara’s position after hearing her say his name on the speakers.

 

“Ssantoki!”

 

“Unnie!”

 

The two of them exclaimed. They were already tearing up upon seeing Dara’s appearance. She was holding her knees tightly and was biting her lower lip so hard to suppress her crying. Dara sensed their presence and spoke. “It’s Him. Oh my god, it’s Him! Damn! I so want to kill Him!” she continued on and on with trembling body and balling fists, speakers still intact. Minzy’s tears escaped from her eyes upon hearing Dara’s voice.

 

Bom was about to lift Dara up when CL suddenly shouted. “Duck!”

 

Then bullets came raining on them. “Damn! We forgot about them,” Bom muttered and immediately shouted through the speakers, “Minzy-ah!”

 

“Yes, unnie!” Minzy dropped her laptop and hop onto the driver’s seat. She immediately roared their bullet proofed van and backed it towards them, all the while being fired by the DBSK guys.

 

Minzy immediately reached out and opened the van’s door for the three girls to go in. Bom and CL helped Dara stand up, covering her.  Dara lift her head up a little just right for Jae to see the tears escaping from her eyes. Jae got startled for an instant and waved his hand for the guys to stop from firing.

 

The three girls successfully went inside the van.  Minzy geared the van and screeched their way out of sight.

 

“Whew! Just what happened?” Changmin exclaimed, removing his mask.

 

Yunho and Yoochun also removed their masks and went to see the bodies before them. They bent down and checked each of their pulse. “Yep! They’re dead, alright!” Yunho declared.

 

 

“This one’s also dead,” Yoochun also declared after checking Kang Hyunwoo’s pulse. He stood up and put his hands on his hips. “What now? Our target’s already dead.”

 

 

“Let’s just go and report what has happened,” Yunho said and went back to their van, followed by Yoochun and Changmin. Jaejoong just remained in his position, staring blankly at the floor.  His mind at lost.

 

 

Changmin noticed him and called out. “Hyung, let’s go! We still have to report what happened here.”

 

 

“Huh? Oh, yeah!” was his only response and walked towards the van. ‘I think I already saw her somewhere. Those expressive eyes….’ He thought but shrugged it off right away after closing the van’s door.

 

 


 

2ne1 arrived at the underground parking lot of Westin Chosun Hotel. Minzy stopped the van. Bom and CL then immediately helped the still weak Dara out of it. They immediately went inside the fire exit and pressed the big red button that looks like the red alarm that sounds whenever there’s an emergency. The stairs in front of them detached from the wall and revealed a lighted up passage way underground.

 

The girls went down. Minzy opened a small compartment on the wall and put her right eye in front of it. A thin green light scanned her eye.

 

Gong Minzy, confirmed,” the device voiced and the door in front of them opened, revealing a dark path that only lights up whenever  they step further. As soon as all the four them stepped on the path, the door immediately closed and everything went back to normal.

 

Arriving at the headquarters, they immediately went to YG’s office to report. Dara has calmed herself first before facing their boss but still wasn’t able to hide the sadness and hatred in her eyes. YG noticed it. He knows Dara’s story and that’s the very reason why she joined his agency.

 

 

 

FLASHBACK

 

 

Dara stood before YG with her eyes void of emotion, still in her white dress and ponytail.

 

“Dara-ah, you don’t have to do this,” YG spoke softly.

 

“No, uncle. I have to avenge father’s death,” Dara replied with now determined eyes. “Train me. Train me to be like every other assassin you’ve trained before.”

 

“But there are a lot of consequences in this, Dara,” YG warned her.

 

“I know, uncle,” was her only reply.

 

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

 

YG let out a deep sigh and turned his back to them with his swivel chair. He told them to rest for a while or have a vacation somewhere else to relax. He’ll just call them when he needs them.

 

After giving his orders, 2ne1 walked outside of his office. Just after the door closed, a tear escaped from Dara’s eyes. 2ne1 tried to comfort her but she just waved them away and walked ahead. Bom was about to follow her but CL stopped her.

 

“Just let her be for now, unnie.”

 


 

The DBSK guys were lounging at Jaejoong’s condominium. After reporting about what happened during the mission, Lee So Man was quite disappointed about it and just turned his back towards them. He told them to just lay low for a while until further notice or until he will give them another mission.

 

“What the? She’s not your girl yet, hyung?!” Junsu exclaimed after spitting the beer from the inside his mouth.

 

“Clean that later, Su,” Jae ordered him, pointing at the now wet floor beside Junsu.

 

“But, didn’t you make out twice already? Or maybe more and you just didn’t tell us. Haha,” Yoochun said and the four gave him a high five.

 

“Well, er.. Yeah! But it was only twice. No more, no less,” Jaejoong countered.

 

“Naaaaahhh… You’re so slow, Jae,” Yunho followed.

 

“You’re not a good example to your dongsaengs and all of the maknaes around, hyung. Ack!” Changmin commented and all of them just nodded.

 

Jaejoong just closed his eyes and accepted all of what they’ve said. The guys were just simply amused that he didn’t fired back. “Ok. Ok. Seriously, I really don’t want to do this. But, can you guys help me?”

 

“Huh? Help you in what, hyung?” Yoochun said, smiling.

 

Jaejoong shyly scratched the back of his neck. “Whoah………!!!” all of them exclaimed, eyes widened.

 

Jae stared innocently at them. “Wha- what?”

 

“Waaahh… are you really Jaejoong hyung?” Changmin exclaimed.

 

“KIM JAEJOONG, the girl magnet?” Junsu said.

 

“THE KIM JAEJOONG who proclaims himself that he can make any girl wet with just a smile?” Yoochun followed.

 

“And THE KIM JAEJOONG who has the number 1 spot among us five for the most girls laid?” Yunho said.

 

“What? Huh? Do I?” Jaejoong asked, confused. But then went back to the main subject.  “Wait, wait! Seriously, help me court her, guys. Help me make her my girl.”

 

‘Wow! So it’s really true that guys do change when they’re in love. Would I be like this, too?’ Yunho, Yoochun, Junsu and Changmin thought at the same time.

 

“Well, should we help him, hyungs?” Changmin conferred to the three.  Jaejoong then stared at them, his eyes saying that they don't really have a choice.

 

“Hmmm… I have conditions, though,” Yunho started.

 

“Me, too!” the other three chorused.

 

“Ok. Ok. Whatever your conditions are, I will surely give it. So, what should we do?” Jae said immediately.

 

“But, you should hear our conditions first, hyung,” Junsu said.

 

“Didn’t you hear me? I will grant whatever it is!” Jae impatiently said.

 

“No backing out?” Yunho said, wiggling his eyebrows.

 

“No backing out!”

 

“Ok. Now, here’s what we should do,” Yunho said and the five of them formed a plan.

 


 

“Rise and shine, Ssantoki!” Bom hummed as she opened the curtains inside Dara’s room to bring in some light. Minzy and CL brought food with them and arranged the table for breakfast.

 

Dara rubbed her eyes and mumbled. “Bommie-ah, put back the curtains.” She then turned to the other side to avoid the flashing sunlight.

 

But Bom was determined to wake her up. She hopped on to her bed and pulled the blanket off of her. “Sandara Park! You’ve been like this for two days already! You’re wasting the vacation YG gave us!”

 

She pulled Dara up and put on a sunny hat on her head. “We’re going to the beach, Ssantoki,” she said and winked at her.

 

Dara removed the hat and threw it away. “I’m not in the mood, Bommie,” she said and slumped back to bed, her face buried onto the pillows.

 

“Nope! You’re coming with us, Ssantoki. Whether you like it or not.” Bom said, both hands on hips. “I’ll go pack up your bags now,” she continued and went to put every single bikini Dara has kept in her closet. Dara gave up and just covered herself with a blanket.

 

 


 

Dara was still not in the mood to go to the beach. She sat at the back of the car and pretended to sleep, with her sunglasses on. CL was the one driving and turned the player’s volume to its maximum.  The sound boomed inside the car but Dara still didn’t respond and remained quiet. They would just occasionally glance at her and just sang loudly to the song played.

 

2ne1 arrived at the hotel near the beach and check in for rooms, two persons in one. After checking in, they proceeded towards the elevator, carrying each of their luggage and wait for their turn. As soon as the elevator beeped and opened, the three girls immediately went inside. Dara was about to follow them when a hand suddenly grab hold of her luggage. She was about to twist that stranger’s arm but stopped upon hearing his voice.

 

“May I?” Jaejoong asked and flashed a smile.

 

Dara’s eyes widened behind her sunglasses and looked at the girls who are already inside the elevator. The girls just stared at her innocently. 

 


 

 

COMMENTS, PLEASE...

 

THANKS!!

 

 

^____^

 

<3