★ Mixed love ★

I'll find my prince , someday.

 

Years passed.

I was already 15 , and it had been 5 years since I moved to Hamgyong province , away from Seoul .

I never once gave up on the thought of going back to Seoul , even after so many years . Jinyoung and I still kept in touch frequently , and I swore to myself that I would go back and look for him.

“ Jinyoung oppa …. “ I whispered quietly while sitting outside my house , watching the snow fall . So many years had passed , yet I still thought about him every single day , every single minute.

I glanced down at the silver bracelet on my wrist. My one and only present from Jinyoung , which I had treasured safely for five years , wearing it every day.

Why did I even do it ? I asked myself this question many times. We were close friends , but ….. Did I really like him more than that ?

The snow was so white and beautiful , and it reminded me of the time when Jinyoung and I played in the snow when we were younger . I remember having snowball fights , and just having fun …..

I shook my head to clear my thoughts . Why was I thinking about him again ? He was always occupying my thoughts , even when I was busy ….

Was I really in love with him from the start ?

 

 

★ Jinyoung’s POV ★

 

It’s been five years since she left .

I stared out of my window . It was snowing now in Seoul , and the pure white snowflakes fell gently on the windowpane as I watched , lost in thought .

How did she look like now ? Is her personality still the same ? I stared at the falling snow . It was dainty and petite and pure , just like her .

I wanted to see her so badly .

I thought of her every day for five years . I didn’t know why , but I missed her so much . I thought she was just a childhood memory , but she seemed to live in my mind forever.

Right now , she’d probably be playing in the snow in Hamgyong , having fun with all her friends . Who knows , maybe she already has a boyfriend now , and I’m just an old memory …..

I buried my face in my hands . I really liked her , I really did , ever since we were just kids .

Why didn’t I just tell her before it was too late ? Now , I’d probably never see her again . Maybe she’d come back , but I wouldn’t be able to recognize her anymore .

“ Min-rae ….. “ I gritted my teeth to stop myself from crying .

Ever since she left , I was so lonely . I didn’t have anyone I could relate to ; my parents were busy all the time and they’d only come back late at night . They never had any time for me .

Everyone else said I was lucky , because I was in a rich family , and I could have anything I wanted . I wanted to tell them , that it wasn’t true . All I wanted was someone to talk to and be my friend , because I was always so lonely …..

I missed her so much .

*****

I lay on the bed , wrapped in thick blankets. It was so cold …..

Since it was snowing , school was cancelled . I sat up in the bed and a rush of cold air caused me to shiver and I lay back down .

Suddenly , my father called me from outside . “ Min-Rae ! Letter for you , from Jinyoung ! “ I quickly stumbled out of my bed and ran out of the room .

I took it from my father and gently opened the envelope and slipped out the letter once I had run back to my room.

************

 

Dear Min-Rae ,

How are you ? Is it snowing in Hamgyong too , like it is in Seoul ?

Anyway , I wanted to tell you that I’m going to help you come back to Seoul , if you still want to return . I know it’s really sudden, but I …… I miss you .

I’m sure you have some money from work right ? I’m going to send some more money to you soon , so that you can take the ferry back and come to live in Seoul .

I’m still staying in the same place …. You remember where my house is right ? You can live there with us . We’ll give you a job too , and your father can come live with us as well , and we’ll give him a job too .

Think about my offer , okay ? When you’ve decided , write back to me and tell me whether if you want to come back to Seoul .

Waiting for you !

 

Love ,

Jinyoung