Hi Seoul , hi Jinyoung ☺

I'll find my prince , someday.

 

I was at the dock , waiting for the ferry .

Finally I had saved up enough money to go back to Seoul. After much pleading and bargaining with my father , he had reluctantly given in to me and allowed me to return to Seoul .

To where I truly belonged.

I had hastily packed my things and booked the earliest ferry back to Seoul. As I stood at the dock waiting , I realized that once I went back , my life could change forever.

Firstly , I’d be reunited with Jinyoung again , after so many years . Would he still remember me after so long ? I had written a letter to him to tell him that I’d be returning , and he sounded really excited . I guess he can’t wait to see me as much as I want to see him.

Secondly , I’d be living with Jinyoung’s family. His family had let me stay with them as long as I could work for them , and I was really grateful to them for being so kind to me. But what kind of life would I lead there ?

Lost in thought , I didn’t even notice that the ferry was approaching. I quickly picked up my bags and boarded the ferry.

It felt good to return. Instead of the sadness I had felt when we had boarded the ferry to Hamgyong , I felt elated at the thought of going back to Seoul . My father would be arriving soon too , and we could return to our lives there.

***********

Time passed quickly , and soon , I was standing at the harbour of Seoul. Even though I had not been to Seoul for years , I could still find my way around easily . It was as though I had never left.

I took out the small piece of paper which I had written down Jinyoung’s address on . He was still staying in the same place , thankfully , so I could get there easily . I flagged down a taxi and headed to his house.

Soon enough , I had arrived at the doorstep of his grand mansion. Hesitantly , I raised my hand and knocked at the door.

***************

✿ Jinyoung’s POV ✿

She was arriving. Today , no in fact , anytime now.

I had been jumpy the whole day waiting for her to arrive. I was just so excited to see her after so long , and I wanted her to be by my side so badly.

The doorbell rang , and I heard someone knocking at the door. “ Must be her … “ I muttered to myself while hurrying down the stairs to greet her beforehand. My parents were out at some fancy conference , so I could spend some time with her alone.

***************

“ Ahh …. Annyeong ! “ I stuttered as the door swung open.

A red-haired guy stood in front of me , his eyes wide and innocent. He was thin and tall , and he had those soft features that melted my heart instantly. His face lit up when his eyes met mine , and we held our gaze for a while.

“ Jinyoung oppa …. “ I whispered . I wanted to reach out to touch his face , or maybe to even run into his arms , but I knew I couldn’t. “ Oppa !  “ I said , louder this time.

He stepped forward and embraced me . “ Min-rae ah ….. “ He was crying .

I stood there pretty much speechless. The tears rolled down my cheeks and I started sobbing into his shirt . “ Oppa , I missed you. “

He quickly led me into the house and let me sit down to have a drink. “ Don’t worry , my parents aren’t home , you can relax . “ He smiled. We chatted for a long time after that , about our parents and how my life was in Hamgyong.

Out of curiosity , I asked , “ Oppa , what am I going to work as here ? “

Jinyoung just smiled and replied , “ You could help with the housework here , I guess . We are short of servants. “ I nodded . I would more or less be willing to do anything here , if it meant staying and seeing Jinyoung everyday.

“ Okay , where should I start ? “ I got up from the sofa and looked around.

“ How about going to my room first ? “ Jinyoung somehow crept behind me and whispered in my ear. His voice was low and husky , and I started blushing crazily.

“ Ah … Oppa ! I don’t think I’m allowed to do that right ? “ I mumbled frantically.

“ Then let me show you to your room , so we can spend the whole day there instead. “ Jinyoung flashed that killer smile , and I couldn’t help but return it. Since when did he get so y ?