Chapter Two

Memories In My Eyes

 

“Okay everyone, class dismiss,” said the professor in front of the study hall.

 

As everyone already got up from their seats to head out, Jessica still sat on her seat. She was sitting on the last row of 15 rows. Yawning for nth time, she rubbed her eyes. She still felt tired from not able to sleep last night. She sighed deeply and lazily got up and picked up her backpack. Her phone vibrated in her jeans pocket. She reached for her phone and the screen showed Whiner Hyuna calling. Slid the green button from left to right on her phone, she teasingly said. “Yes, whining girl. What do you want?”

 

“Unnie, don’t make me kill you when you’re asleep tonight.” Hyuna hissed in irritation. Jessica chuckled at Hyuna’s remark and replied. “I barely got sleep these days. So, you won’t be able to kill me.” Jessica heard Hyuna grunted in frustration.

 

Decided to let the girl off, she asked Hyuna, “So, why are you calling me?” Before Hyuna could response anything, Jessica interrupted, “Wait, aren’t you supposed to be in study hall today like you always do? Are you skipping class?” Jessica interrogated Hyuna as she was suspicious for receiving a call from the younger girl. At this time, that girl should be in another study hall to have a study session. But it seemed like that girl skipped her study session and went off somewhere. She patiently waited for Hyuna answer.

 

Hyuna didn’t know how to answer the simple question. So, she laughed nervously and successfully averted Jessica attention from the topic of her skipping class to having lunch, “Wanna join us lunch?”

 

Jessica thought that it was a good timing to have a lunch so, she agreed, “Yeah, sure. As usual?”

 

“Like always.”

 

 

 

 

Jessica murderously glared at the three girl in front of her eating like there’s no tomorrow. She cursed inside her mind at how these three girls could eat more than three man can and still look great. “You’re gonna make me live and dead with poverty, you know?” Jessica hissed in annoyance as they kept on eating without giving her a glance.

 

“Their lust for food is getting huge day by day. And, I’m bet by the end of the day, one of them gonna get laid with food.” The rest two girls nodded their head in agreement of what Sunny said.

 

“Aww, don’t be that cruel, unnie. We’re not that evil. We will spare you some money.” The brunette haired girl who was sitting in between Hyuna and Sooyoung told them kindly with a smile.

 

“Huh! Yoona, you’ve been saying that for last two years and you three still make us pay for your meals!” Tiffany accusingly pointed her pointy finger at them. The so-called-Yoona only let out a beam and continued eating.

 

Sooyoung who was already full, wiped with the napkin. And suddenly, she burped out loud without any care of her unlikely-lady behavior. The rest of them scowled in disgust at Sooyoung’s manner. “Unnie! You make me lose my appetite!” Whined Hyuna as she pushed away her plate that almost empty. Only realizing her disgraceful behavior, she looked down in embarrassment.

 

Then, Sunny asked Yoona, “Yoona, where’s Hyomin? Where did she go?”

 

Yoona let out a smirk, “She’s going on a date.”

 

Everyone eyes widen at Yoona’s respond. However, their faces changed from shock to annoyance. They all grunted as they heard Sooyoung burped yet again. Sooyoung’s cheeks turned to red color when she burped once again louder than before. Some people who sat near them looked at Sooyoung in shocked.

 

“Let’s go, guys.” Sooyoung impatiently stated as she rushed out of the Italian restaurant in embarrassment.

 

 

 

 

 

“Not following us to the mall, Jessi?” Tiffany looked intently at Jessica. Sooyoung, Yoona, Hyuna and Sunny were waiting for them at the car while both of Jessica and Tiffany were still standing in front of the restaurant. Jessica puckered her lips and thought for a while. “Nah, I’ll pass.” She stared back at Tiffany.

 

Tiffany nodded her head slowly and looked at Jessica again with concern. “Hey, I-I don’t real-really know what’s been running on your mind. But I hope you won’t keep everything inside and share with me.” She paused for awhile to see Jessica’s expression and continued, “If you bottled up all of it, you’re gonna explode sooner or later. I’m just concern of you Jessica. You’ve been spending most of your time wandering around alone and it just scared me with the thought of you might do something stupid.” Tiffany took a deep breath and let everything on her mind flowed out in words, “We’ve been friends since we’re fifth-teen. I don’t want to feel guilty for letting you on your own when I know that you’re having problems.”

 

Jessica was shocked at the trembling voice of Tiffany. She knew she has hurt Tiffany’s feeling. She did want to tell Tiffany about her problem but she couldn’t do it. How can she tell Tiffany that she still feels empty despite of having friends with her? How can she share her problem? Jessica smiled softly and tried to convince Tiffany she was alright all along, “I’m alright, okay? No need to worry about this silly friend of yours. I’m fine and that’s what you should know.” Smiling assuredly, Jessica put her right hand on top of Tiffany’s shoulder.

 

Tiffany only nodded her head before left Jessica in front of the restaurant alone to catch up with the rest at the car park.

 

 

 

 

 

As usual, whenever she felt down and hopeless, she will come to this not so wide park. She got out from her car and slowly walked to one of the benches. She plopped herself on the bench and stared ahead. Humming to a random song, she tapped her foot softly on the green grasses. Feeling bored, she decided to smoke. She grabbed a packet of cigarettes from her black leather jacket pocket and took one out. She lit up the cigarettes and took a long drag. She breathed out the smoke and watched it disappeared within the air. Looking at the smoke diffused with the air, she ruffled her hair in frustration as she thought about her conversation with Tiffany earlier. She admitted she was wrong for making Tiffany worried about her. But, she doesn’t have a choice.

 

One of the things that she dislikes to do was offending her best friend, Tiffany. It hurt her heart to know Tiffany was concerning about her when she didn’t even try to tell Tiffany anything. Out of sudden, she felt tears fell from her eyes. She wiped her tears with her long sleeves but to no avail. It flowed more and more as she wiped. Irritated as the tears kept on flowing, she just let it flow down the cheeks and continues smoking.

 

“Shouldn’t you stop smoking when you’re crying?” Startled from a voice that came from behind, she looked behind. There was a guy standing about 10 foot away from her. Upon looking at the face, she realized that he was the guy that she met at the library last few days. Without any expression displayed on her face, she spoke, “Oh, it’s you,” Then, she looked away to wipe the remaining tears. She heard footsteps nearing her and that guy sat beside her comfortably.

 

“You’re smoking?” That guy asked Jessica with fascination. Jessica rolled her eyes at that guy question and ignored him as took another long drag of the cigarette. Chuckled lightly at Jessica’s action for ignoring him, he threw another question, “Was that book good?” Jessica nodded slightly and threw the cigarette onto the ground and stepped it. That guy smiled brightly and looked at Jessica with interest, “You’re not the type that speaks a lot, huh?”

 

“Yes.” Jessica coldly said.

 

“I can see that.” That guy responded back with a slight smile on his lips.

 

She was feeling quite uncomfortable with that guy presence. Hence, she rose up from the bench and walked away. She stopped her tracks when that guy said something but she couldn’t hear it clearly. So, she turned her head around, “Pardon?” with an eyebrow raised. “Can I know your name?” That guy repeated his sentence expectantly.

 

Jessica scoffed before questioning that guy, “We’re just met like two times and both are coincidence. I don’t think I introduce myself to you.”

 

That guy bit his lower lip trying to find a way to know Jessica’s name. “But, it’s not wrong to know your name right?” That guy stated with both eyebrows raised up.

 

Jessica shook her head and smirked, “Nope, it’s not wrong. But I won’t tell you my name.” She started walking again when that guy shouted his name, “My name is Do Kyungsoo!” She paid no mind to respond anything and just left him alone. That guy named Do Kyungsoo smiled in delight, “Nice to meet you again.”

 

 

...

 

Sorry for posting this chapter late. I was quite busy. Anyways! Hope you guys enjoy this chapter. Please forgive me for any grammatical errors. And constructive criticisms are always welcome. :D