Chapter One.

Memories In My Eyes

 

It was already midnight but here Jung Jessica sat on one of the benches at the park with no one around. The park was empty and very quiet and it calmed Jessica nerves. Feeling bored, she reached upon her jacket left pocket and grabbed a packet of cigarettes. She quickly took one from the pack and lid up the cigarettes. She then inhaled deeply to fill her lungs with nicotine and watched as the smoke escaped through . She repeated her action as she admired the God’s work. Simply beautiful all the God’s work. She was glad to be able to witness all the wonderful, beautiful and calm view of this universe. Lucky she was, indeed. She took one last drag of her cigarettes and threw it on the grass ground and stepped on it.

 

She was supposed to stay at home in her bedroom and peacefully sleep on her comfortable bed. But these days she barely got a sleep and her body felt tired from the lack of sleep. She got up from the bench as her was sore from sitting for almost three hours and stretched her body. Instantly, she felt energized. Spotted a vending machine on her right side near the trash bin, she desired to have a hot chocolate. Inserted several coins inside the vending machine, she pushed the button of the hot chocolate. For about two minutes, it was already ready. Carefully took the cup, she drank the hot chocolate slowly. As the hot liquid ran through , she felt her drowsiness went away.

 

Finishing up her hot chocolate, she crushed the cup and threw it at the near trash bin. Scratched her back head, she checked her Fossil watch. “Hmm, might as well go home. It’s getting pretty late.” Walked away from the park, she approached her precious red Mini Cooper. As she got in the car, she inserted the key to the ignition twisting the key and left the park.

 

 

 

 

“You’ve been avoiding sleeping again, aren’t you?” Hwang Tiffany, her best friend, suspiciously asked Jessica who was in front of her devouring her tuna sandwich. Ignoring her friend question, Jessica quietly ate her sandwich. She wouldn’t dare to tell the truth. Even if she tells the truth, Tiffany will keep on nagging at her and that will only drain her energy. Glaring at Jessica, Tiffany was frustrated with the silence that was given to her. Gave up on the question, she grabbed her sling bag and her white file. “Need to go now. See you later, Jess!” Tiffany sprinted off to her class.

 

“Yeah.” Jessica said without looking at Tiffany direction. From afar, she threw the plastic of the sandwich into the trash bin and smirked as the plastic went in. Knowing she’s free for the rest of the day, Jessica got up and packed her things inside her backpack. Took out her Samsung Galaxy S3 phone from her jeans right pocket, she sent a text message to Tiffany. I’m going to the library. Meet you at dorm. And click the send button.

 

At first she walked to the university library but later decided to go to the public library that quite close to her dorm. It took almost 20 minutes for her to arrive at the public library. But it was worth it. Being able to breathe the fresh air definitely a good thing. Entered the library, she headed to the fiction section. After searching and searching, she couldn’t find any books that irked her interest.

 

“Why can’t I find something interesting to read?” She muttered to herself. Suddenly, she felt a tap on her shoulder. She looked behind and saw a young man holding up a book to her. It was confusing that this man just appeared and handed her a book. “Here, read this book. I’ve just finished it up. It’s fun for me but I’m not sure if you’re gonna like it, though. Just try reading it.” It was as if the man could read Jessica’s mind. She wasn’t sure if she should take the book or not but guessing that Jessica won’t take it, the man put it on the shelf. Gave out a smile, he left the fiction section. Scratching her not-so-itchy back head, she stared at the book that man left just now. She picked it up and read the title. Never Let Me Go.

 

The title did sound interesting. And so, she gave it a try and read it.

 

 

 

 

Tiffany class took almost two hours today. Feeling exhausted, half through the lecture she doze off. It was fortunate that her professor didn’t saw her sleeping. Checked her message inbox, there was one message still unread and it was from Jessica. She clicked it and read the short text message she received. “Is she’s already home now?” She asked to particularly no one. Confidently believe that Jessica won’t be at home this moment, she went to the cafeteria to grab some food.

 

“Yo, Fany!” Tiffany looked back and saw a familiar face. She grinned when the girl almost tripped when she ran to her. Blushing madly as a few students saw her almost tripping, the girl looked down and went nearer to Tiffany.

 

“Still learning how to walk, huh?” Offended by Tiffany’s remarked, the girl puffed her cheeks and sent a deathly glare to Tiffany. Laughing off with the girl action, Tiffany apologized. “Sorry Hyuna, I was just joking.”

 

“Whatever. Now, buy me some foooooood! I’m hungry!”  The so-called-Hyuna dragged Tiffany’s hand towards the cafeteria without waiting reply from Tiffany. Since, Tiffany also wanted to go the cafeteria, she just let Hyuna to drag her there.

 

 

 

 

“You two never stop eating, huh?” Tiffany eyed the two girls in front of her hungrily stuffed their mouths with food.

Hyuna drank some water and said “What? We’re hungry! So, we should eat to fill up our stomach, right Sooyoung Unnie?” The girl next to her, Choi Sooyoung, nodded her head and continued eating without spare a glance to Tiffany.

Sighing deeply, Tiffany hissed with annoyance. “I shouldn’t have followed you guys. You two are gonna make me broke just by minutes!”

Sooyoung swallowed the remaining food in and excitedly exclaimed. “Look at the bright side! Since you don’t know how to spend your money well, me and Hyuna are helping you to spend your money in the right path!” And she let out a beam.

 

Tiffany face palmed at Sooyoung’s remark.

 

 

 

 

Being in the library for almost three hours tired Jessica up. So, standing up from sitting on the carpet-floor, she put back the book that stranger guy gave to her just now on the shelves. Stretching her body, she grabbed her backpack and walked out. Checking her watch, it stated 2 o’ clock in the evening. She yawned loudly without covering has grabbed some passerby attention. Realizing her not-so-lady-behavior, she looked down in embarrassment and quickly walked away. After some distance from that place, she slowed down her pace and calmly took her steps to the dorm.

 

Arriving at the dorm, she took out the keys from her bag and unlocked the door. Before she could open the door properly, she was hug-attacked from behind. “Unnie!” Said the girl that hugged her from behind. “Oh, hey there Miss Whining Hyuna,” Responded Jessica teasingly. Hyuna released the hug and stomped her feet and whined “Don’t call me that! I’m not a whiner okay?” Jessica scoffed at Hyuna’s word. Wanting to tease the girl even more, she added. “Fine, then. You’re the most-unbelievable-whining-girl-on-the-earth Hyuna. That’s better isn’t it?” Jessica smirked teasingly.

 

“Alright you two! Stop with the bickering! I want to go inside and rest. So, please move from the entrance.” Both of Jessica and Hyuna looked behind and saw Sooyoung looking mad with Tiffany besides her controlling her laugh. The two of them moved away from the entrance and walked in Sooyoung with fury. Tiffany grabbed Jessica’s hand and dragged her inside for fear they might bicker again if she left them behind. Hyuna pouted her lips and follow them inside.

 

“Guys, I’m hungry. Let’s order pizza!” Sooyoung patted her hungry stomach and Hyuna followed her action by patting her stomach as well. Hyuna agreed and stated, “Yeah, let’s order pizza! Woohoo! Pizza baby!” She pumped her fists into the air. Looking at them without expression, Jessica boringly said, “Great, now we have to feed a Shiksin and a whiner.” Tiffany nodded her head and weakly said, “And by the end of month, we’re gonna be broke.” Both Tiffany and Jessica nodded their head and sighed at the same time. Ignored their friends remarked, Sooyoung grabbed her phone and dialed the pizza delivery and ordered the food.

 

....

 

That's all for this chapter. Hope you guys will like it. ^_^