Chapter Four.

Memories In My Eyes

 

Yoona and Jessica were spending time together. It has been awhile since both of them hang out without anyone else around. Despite Yoona’s dorky behavior, Jessica was pleased to have such a wonderful friend like Yoona. For others, Yoona may seem to be very childish with the way she acts but truthfully, she’s a very mature, lovely and caring young lady. If she couldn’t tell a thing to Tiffany, she will go and seek for Yoona, who always welcome her. To be cleared, it’s not like Tiffany won’t understand her, in fact, she’s the first person will notice Jessica problems. But there are times when Jessica doesn’t want to bother Tiffany too much. Thus, she reveals to Yoona.

 

As they already finished with their dinner, like always Jessica’s the one who has to pay the bills. They headed outside the Korean Restaurant and decided to grab some hot drinks. Walking slowly and a little chat, they arrived at Starbucks’ Coffee and ordered themselves hot Caramel Macchiato. Yoona thought of drinking inside the café but Jessica thought otherwise and urged to go to the park near the community. Yoona just shrugged and followed Jessica. Though it wasn’t really cold tonight, they still shivering with the soft wind that blew through their direction. Spotted an empty bench, they sat carefully and quietly drank their hot coffees.

 

Felt a need to talk something, Jessica start a conversation. “It’s nice isn’t it? Sitting at the park while drinking a hot coffee.” Jessica spoke softly with a sad smile on her face. Yoona noticed the sad smile and looked down at the hot coffee. She knew why Jessica was smiling in that kind of way. Only she and Tiffany knew the reason why. And both of them try their best not to let out the cats out of the bag. “Yeah, it’s nice doing this once in a while.” Yoona said in almost whisper manner but Jessica did catch all of the words. As they didn’t know what to say, they just silently sipped their drinks. The feeling of drinking a hot drink while sitting in such a cold weather does make one feels tingly all over the body. And right now, Yoona felt it for the first time. It was simply a nice feeling. Then, she smelt a smoke of cigarettes and sighted Jessica smoking, a habit that she does almost a year now, yet again.

 

“You should stop smoking unnie.” Yoona sternly said to Jessica.

 

“No way.” Shortly, Jessica replied.

 

Sighing softly, she ruffled her hair. “Just stop, okay? It hurts me when you keep on smoking just because you don’t want to throw away your memories with him.” Yoona spoke with grief. Jessica ignored Yoona and just stared ahead. Suddenly, the cigarette on her lips was taken away. She saw Yoona threw the cigarette on the floor. Bewildered with Yoona’s action, she just looked at Yoona with mouth open.

 

“You got to let go of him. He’s not coming back. That stupid guy already forgot about you. If he still loves you and still remember you, he will find a way to keep in touch with you, unnie. But he didn’t! It’s almost a year now and he still doesn’t come back.” Yoona was desperate to convince Jessica to release everything from thinking of that guy. He just a useless guy, that’s all. She didn’t want Jessica to consume herself remembering all of their memories together.

 

“Bu-but what if he-he comes back?” asked Jessica with confusion and sadness in her voice. Hearing Jessica’s question made Yoona questioned herself back. Trying to sound confident, she hugged Jessica tightly and tenderly comforted Jessica. “Even if he does come back, he’s not the one for you. He made you cry. I won’t let him get close to you, not even once.”

 

 

 

 

 

“You again?” Jessica raised an eyebrow as she met again with Kyungsoo. She was going through the bookshelves of Politics section when suddenly Kyungsoo was standing beside her.

 

Smiled in delight, Kyungsoo nodded his head and cockily said. “I’m pretty sure you missed me right?”

 

Just as he was to continue with his talking, he scowled in pain. Apparently his cockiness made Jessica pretty annoyed. Hence, she punched him in the stomach a little bit too hard for a skinny girl like her. Amused at Kyungsoo enduring the pain, she stifled a laugh and left him there. Realizing that Jessica already went away, he ignored the pain and caught up with her. “You’re a very strong girl, I must admit.” Kyungsoo said in amazement as he walked side by side with her. Jessica ignored Kyungsoo and just kept quiet. She was too lazy and too tired to entertain him. So, she just let him followed her everywhere she went.

 

Now, they were at the Historical genre section. While Jessica was searching for a book that might interested her, Kyungsoo was silently looking at Jessica. He was a bit weird out with his action, actually. He didn’t even have a clue on why he’s following her. Above all, he was feeling quite frustrated with Jessica ignoring him. He did try to strike a conversation but it ended just when it begun. He stared at Jessica once again and curiously asked. “Why are you ignoring me?”

 

“Because you’re an idiot who’s weaker than a skinny girl like me,” stated Jessica bluntly. He was offended with Jessica’s statement. Then, he tried to defend his dignity, “Neither stupid nor weaker am I than a skinny girl like you. I was just acting, okay?” Jessica looked at him with no interest and just shrugged her shoulders. “I’m too tired and too lazy to talk with you or even look at you. So, if you’re feeling bored, just go somewhere else,” nonchalantly Jessica uttered without sparing him a glance. Feeling pretty amused, he just stretched his body and let out a cheeky smile when Jessica looked at him as he suddenly stretching inside the bookstore.

 

“Nah, I’m not boring right now. Somehow, you make my day cherry,” Kyungsoo smiled softly. And that was the first time Jessica thought how cute was him.

 

 

….

 

 

Inside the library of S University, there were students studying, reading books, hanging out and there were also make use of the place to sleep. And among them, Sooyoung, Sunny and Tiffany were there as well. They were studying as tomorrow there will be a mocked test held. They tried their best to study but they can’t fully concentrate especially Sooyoung. It was because Kyuhyun was sitting in the opposite direction of their table. What made them more uncomfortable, he was smiling like an idiot the whole time while staring at Sooyoung. Sooyoung did her best to be patience but that guy was literally killing her. Desperate to know what really happened, Tiffany nudged Sooyoung’s arm and asked quietly, “What’s wrong with that guy? Is he a lunatic or what?”

 

Took a deep breath, Sooyoung rose up from her chair and went to Kyuhyun direction. For Kyuhyun, he was practically jumping inside his mind when Sooyoung nearing him. But it was not like what he thought as Sooyoung roughly grabbed his collar and dragged him outside the library leaving Tiffany and Sunny speechless with her action.

 

Once they outside, Sunny stated in a-matter-of-fact tone, “He’s dead.”

 

Nodding her head, she agreed by responding, “So dead.”

 

On the other hand, Sooyoung was still dragging Kyuhyun far from the library to a more secluded area. She was going to kill him. She’s having a headache as to face him in this condition every day. And, her body felt weary so much from thinking a way to make this guy not appear in front of her no more. But, she was clueless. As she arrived to the more secluded area, she released the grip and hissed in anger, “Can you please stop pestering me!” she shot him a deadly glare. However, she was out of her wits when Kyuhyun said, “I like you,” in a very serious tone. She stared Kyuhyun’s face in confusion. If her ears were not wrong, she heard Kyuhyun confession that he likes her.

 

“You’ve gotta be kidding me.” Sooyoung scoffed trying to assured herself that she misheard Kyuhyun.

 

Shaking his head, Kyuhyun once again repeat his sentence, “I like you.” And, he looked into Sooyoung’s eye to show that he was indeed being serious. Getting caught up in the situation, Kyuhyun couldn’t stop himself from nearing Sooyoung and trapping her between a wall and him. Sooyoung was helpless. She was very confused as what was really happening. Seeing Kyuhyun who getting closer to her face, out of reflex, she kicked his shin hard. Kyuhyun was shouting in pain and let out incoherent words. Her kick was indeed very strong. He thought he might have a bruise soon.

 

Maintaining her posture, she cleared , “Better luck next time,” and walked away with heart beating fast with every step she took.

 

 

....

 

 

 

Well, I tried my best to make this story interesting to all of you.

But I don't know if you guys will love it.

Oh, well! I did my best already! 

Thanks for reading.

Please comment, subscribe and rate. Thanks again! :D