The Park

I'm In-Love With My Cousin

 

STORY'S POV

“Ji Soon ah! You ready?” Jonghyun fixed his hair while waiting by the front door.

“Ne, oppa. I’m coming.” Ji Soon quickly run downstairs and stood in front of Jonghyun.

“Umma, we’re leaving now. It’ll take us some time so you just take your dinner ahead of us. Annyeong!” Jonghyun shut the door and the two of them went off heading to the park.

---

JI SOON’S POV

“It’s been three years since I last came here.” I just sighed and touched the barks of the trees while we were walking. I still can remember the things we usually do here when we were still young.

“Ne. Do you remember when you hit yourself on that ruined bench?” Jonghyun oppa chuckled as he pointed the said bench.

-Flashback-

(A/N: Ji Soon was around 14 this time while Jonghyun is 17. Such childish persons.)

“Okay, while waiting for umma, let’s play hide and seek!” Jonghyun oppa exclaimed.

“I’ll be the ‘it’.” He went to a tree and started to count.

“Yah! Unfair! Aish~” I shouted as I rufled my hair and run away.

“Where would I hide? Hmm. . .” My eyes lit up when I saw a bench that was upside down. I quickly run on where it was and sat behind it.

“Hope this will be a good place to hide.” I bent my knees and hugged it.

“Ji Soon ah! You already hid?!” I heard Jonghyun oppa shout but I didn’t bother to answer. If I would, he will know where I’m hiding.

“Okay. I’ll take that as a yes.” I saw him run towards the swings and slides. I also saw him peek under the benches around the park.

“You’re such an expert in hiding, onion skin!” Jonghyun oppa really know how to tease me. I was about to answer back but I managed to cover my mouth.

“That was close.” I mouthed under my breath.

Minutes later,

“Sigh~ Where did he go? Fifteen minues already passed. Maybe he already left.” I grew impatient and stood up.

“Gotcha!” He suddenly spoofed out from the other side of the ruined bench.

“Since when did you . . ? How did you ? . . . Aish~ You must have just let me know!” I was about to barge him but my foot was caught on one of the scattered hard cement. The last thing I know,

I’m already on top him. I could feel my cheeks burning in embarrassment.

“Whoah~ Be careful, onion skin.” He held me by the arms and pushed me upward so I could stand up. "Your face's red." He touched my cheeks and chuckled.

“I’m sorry. I got tripped on one of those stones and . . . .” I held his hand and help him get up.

“I know. I saw everything. And I know you’re some kind of clumsy.” He chuckled as he wiped off the dirt on his arms.

“Yah! I’m not clumsy! It was just an incident.” I tried to take a step forward but I fell to the ground instead. Luckily, oppa caught me and help me up.

“See? Haha! Are you hurt?” I didn’t know he has mood swings. He just laughed a while ago then turning to his worried face immediately.

“I am.” I removed his hands around me and tried to walk on my own. I was about to take my second step but I collapsed on the ground again.

Jonghyun oppa quickly run towards me and got me up, again.

“May I see your ankle?” I pulled my pants up and revealed him my bruised ankle. Bruised?

“You’re lying again.” He carried me towards a bench and seated me there. He reached for his phone. I know he would call Aunt.

“Umma, we’ll go home first. Ji Soon had encountered a very little incident a while ago.”

“Anni. Anni. Just take your time there. I’ll takecare of her.”

“Annyeong. Take care!” He then hung up.

“We’re going home.”

That night, oppa applied medications to my bruised ankle and made me sleep after I ate my dinner.

-End of Flashback-

Wow! I still could remember each single moment! Haha!

“Ji Soon ah.”

“Ji Soon ah~”

“Ji soon Ah!”

“Ne!” I jumped out of my seat as Jonghyun oppa’s face came nearer on to mine.

“Thinking of something really serious? You’ve been spacing out since we arrive here. You almost bumped yourself on that tree.” He pointed the tree and I follow his gaze.

“I’m sorry. Oppa, let’s go back now, it’s getting cold.” I rubbed my hands and took a deep breath as I notice the fog appears as I breathe.

“Ne. It’s also late.” He peek on his watch and shook his head.

My soul left my body again.

“Ji Soon ah! You don’t want to leave?” He reached on to my eye level again.

“Yes. I mean, of course I don’t. Come on~” I stood up and pushed his back.

"You know what, you're still the young Ji Soon I used to know." He smiled and faced me.

"You too, oppa. Though, I know we got older but it seems that are attitudes are not maturing." I chuckled as I walk beside him.

"But, you're not cute anymore~" He said as he distanced himself from me.

"Yah~" I run to him and slapped his arm.

"Mehrong~" He stucked his tongue out and run ahead of me.

"OPPA!" I just stood up and was left dumbfounded.

*Oppa, why?*

---

JONGHYUN'S POV

I run ahead of her. I thought she would catch up but she just stood there on the street.

"You're not cute, Ji Soon. You're beautiful." I smiled and shook my head. I shouldn't think these kind of matters. She's my cousin. But, there's nothing wrong appreciating your own cousin, right?

Sigh~ Ji Soon ah, why have you been my cousin.

 

 

 

---

Sorry if this chappie is short and boring.

Especially the flashback.

I can't think straight when I was writing this because

OUR ORAL DEFENSE WOULD BE THIS AFTERNOON!

Anyways, thank you for subscribing and for commenting!

Love you all!